cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serenity VR [SteamVR] Updated 4/19/2018

kavehth
Explorer
Update 04.19.2018:

after a very long time I've finally released a new version.
I've pretty much remade everything and added a lot of new stuff including a lot of interaction using the controllers
you can download it here: https://kavehth.itch.io/serenity-vr

Update 09.03.2014:

• updated to SDK 0.4.1
  • added the cargo hold
  • improved textures and added a lot of detail
  • added intro
  • added dynamic sun light

you can use objects that turn yellow with the left mouse button or the "a" button
    when in the pilot chair you can rotate the ship with WASD
    you can toggle VSync with "V"
    you can toggle the sky light with "L"

Hi all,
    Ever since I found out about the oculus I thought I would be really incredible if I could walk inside Serenity from the tv show Firefly, so about a year ago I start using unity and for my first project I decided to build the interior of the ship. I am modelling from the film version of the ship and trying to be as accurate as possible.
    It’s been going pretty slow but here is what I have so far

6.jpg
    3.jpg
    1.jpg

I’ve modeled other areas of the ship but I haven’t added any details yet.
    If anyone is interested in helping out just let me know.
  • 87 REPLIES 87

kavehth
    Explorer
    "enda" wrote:
    Just tried it now, fantastic job well done.

A little feedback: ( you probably have already spotted this) In the yellow crew room there is a door to the left as you come in, there is no collider.
    I was able to walk through and fall out of the ship and down out of the skybox.

Thanks for letting me know

"claytongulick" wrote:
    Do you have a place where we can get the project file and assets to help collaborate?

not yet, but if you are interested in helping out, PM me and we'll work it out

hudcrab
    Honored Guest
    Wild idea - and I know I'm looking way too far ahead, but once you get the ship done, how about this as an experience -

Recreate Mal's journey through the ship from the episode "Out of gas". That episode takes you through most (all?) of the locations on board, and affords simple interactions at key points:
    - inject yourself with adrenaline
    - put the part in the engine
    - press the red button in the cockpit

Add a light blood trail.

For bonus points you could even fade to black at certain locations then play video clips of some of the key flashbacks from that episode.

"I'll tell you what, you buy this ship, treat her proper, she'll be with you for the rest of your life."

kavehth
    Explorer
    Good idea
    I was planing to add some iteractions, but this way it can have a narrative too. I love that episode, probably my second favorite after "objects in space"

hudcrab
    Honored Guest
    Yeah, that narrative component would really make it stand out from other set recreations.

It would still need a free-roam mode as well, though.

MannyLectro
    Explorer
    Recreate Mal's journey through the ship from the episode "Out of gas". That episode takes you through most (all?) of the locations on board, and affords simple interactions at key points:
    - inject yourself with adrenaline
    - put the part in the engine
    - press the red button in the cockpit

Add a light blood trail.

Amazing idea ! And if you can add the alarm, red lights and english/chinese warnings it would be really really really AMAZING !
    Rift 3d models available here : viewtopic.php?t=1514

bogwell
    Honored Guest
    great stuff, please keep going!

kavehth
    Explorer
    Nearly done with the cargo hold, now i have to fill it up with stuff.

Cargo1.jpg
    Cargo2.jpg

drash
    Heroic Explorer
    This is looking amazing!
    • Titans of Space PLUS for Quest is now available on DrashVR.com

MannyLectro
    Explorer
    Yep ! Amazing job indeed !
    Rift 3d models available here : viewtopic.php?t=1514

anntastic010
    Honored Guest
    "kavehth" wrote:
    Nearly done with the cargo hold, now i have to fill it up with stuff.

Cargo1.jpg
    Cargo2.jpg

Fill it up with cows! hahaha
    Hello Developers! Looking for research participants for an online survey on video gaming and dreams! Check it out! http://bit.ly/1q0fnIA Thanks! ^.^