cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Submitting and publishing on OVR Share

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not sure if this is the correct forum category for this post but it relates to OVR Share:

How long does the submission process take? I.e. if we wanted a timed release date, say to release a demo on the same day a Kickstarter campaign launches, is that an option?

Thanks!
20 REPLIES 20

cybereality
Grand Champion
If you are the developer, you can check the submission by looking in your account (there is a drop down on the top).
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Scawen
Heroic Explorer
"cybereality" wrote:
Submissions typically take 1 week (or sometimes longer) to be approved.

Nine days now... and my Live for Speed submission hasn't even got past the original "Submitted" status.

Are you overrun with submissions at the moment? Or is the review process in fact a highly detailed process? I'd be a little surprised if it is, seeing as our incomplete test patch version managed to be submitted by someone unconnected with us some time ago.

Our official version available at http://www.lfs.net has supported the Rift since Saturday 21st June (and I submitted it immediately to Oculus Share). As it has has such good reviews around here I really expected to see it online early the following week.
Live for Speed - www.lfs.net

cybereality
Grand Champion
We are going to get some submission up later this week. Sorry for the delay.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

SvenViking
Protege
Might it be possible to get a few trusted VR community members doing some unpaid gruntwork on Oculus Share? They could leave any edge cases to the professionals, but presumably things like a minor update to an existing project or a submission like Live for Speed would just need standard testing before approval?
Scorched Battalion - VR Jam edition available for Gear VR and DK2 (Win/Mac/Linux) Jungle Juice Sven Co-op

palmertech
Explorer
"Svenviking" wrote:
Might it be possible to get a few trusted VR community members doing some unpaid gruntwork on Oculus Share? They could leave any edge cases to the professionals, but presumably things like a minor update to an existing project or a submission like Live for Speed would just need standard testing before approval?

no

SvenViking
Protege
OK, no problem. Just an idea.
Scorched Battalion - VR Jam edition available for Gear VR and DK2 (Win/Mac/Linux) Jungle Juice Sven Co-op

Scawen
Heroic Explorer
"cybereality" wrote:
We are going to get some submission up later this week. Sorry for the delay.

Thanks for the reply.

The way I'm seeing it now, in this DK1 era, the Oculus Share system isn't really a high priority for you. But when people start receiving their DK2s and into the future, Oculus Share may become a higher priority, as it helps people get more value from their device and so spread the good word.

On the other hand, it may become an irritating distraction that you can't really be bothered with, and instead you focus on what you actually do - making VR headsets - and just let third party sites to produce categorised lists of VR software.

We'll see! 🙂

Scawen
Heroic Explorer
Live for Speed made it to Oculus Share! Thanks! 🙂
https://share.oculus.com/app/live-for-speed-s2

I look forward to getting my DK2 (ordered in the first few hours).
I think you know what I'll be doing when it arrives! 😉

3DByte
Explorer
"scawen" wrote:

I look forward to getting my DK2 (ordered in the first few hours).
I think you know what I'll be doing when it arrives! 😉

Yes, playing lfs with the Rift only and completley giving up developing it :lol:

daggasoft
Honored Guest
I'm trying to get my game approved but oculus isn't responding to me. Please advise