cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A VR Electric Chair?

ThreeEyes
Explorer
A team of VR hackers create a shocking DIY electric chair

http://www.digitaljournal.com/news/odd+news/a-team-of-vr-hackers-create-a-shocking-diy-electric-chai...

As the hackathon continued, the intensity increased to a level of deranged madness circling the co-working environment like a dangerous tornado leaving behind empty bags of chips and drained Monster energy drinks. Soon the Occulus Rift would be strapped onto the head of an innocent bystander who just happened to wander into this place. Little did that person know that they were about to be electrocuted in front of live audience of manic people gazing from a glass window ready to watch someone being punished for an unmentionable crime.
But... but... but... I just NEED to know about the Baba! The Baba has me hypmotized! :shock:
11 REPLIES 11

Twitchmonkey
Explorer
Damn, he actually got it working? I was at that hackathon but wasn't able to make it back for day 2 when things would be really playable. Shame, hope some of this stuff gets released. Always surprises me what some people can manage in under 48 hours.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Yeah, I got to try it myself. The build-up was probably more frightening than the actual shock.

But it was pretty... shocking!

Amazing that they put that together in such a short time.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

floydfreak
Honored Guest
Hmm,
Maybe they could up the amperage a 'little' & invite some of the re-sellers?

:lol:

ThreeEyes
Explorer
Or add a burning hair smell for more immersion... Or both 😄
But... but... but... I just NEED to know about the Baba! The Baba has me hypmotized! :shock:

floydfreak
Honored Guest
Bang on ThreeEyes !
😄

Anonymous
Not applicable
Version 2.0 will be at the next demo night and it will be shocking ... I will post a video from the game play as soon as I finish the development and get my capture software to play nice again with this new build

Twitchmonkey
Explorer
"warpedimagination" wrote:
Version 2.0 will be at the next demo night and it will be shocking ... I will post a video from the game play as soon as I finish the development and get my capture software to play nice again with this new build

Well I was excited to try this, but now I'm a little scared. You 100% sure you won't kill anyone? That would kind of ruin demo night.

Twitchmonkey
Explorer
Got a chance to try this at the OCVR demo night, it was very well done. The creator had a lovingly-crafted makeshift electric chair and everything. The shock was reasonably strong for this sort of application, but it really was the anticipation more than anything. It would not be a comfortable feeling being in a real electric chair and knowing that you were going to receive a lethal dose of electricity, a feeling I'm not sure I was able to properly comprehend until I tried it in VR.

diwata
Honored Guest
Wow... I'm a wuss I guess. I really don't think I can make myself try this lol. :lol: