cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vrcinema3D

swlu
Explorer
Hey all,

I just found this awesome new virtual movie theater demo. I'm not the developer, but he's already made the demo available on his site, though its all in Korean! I don't speak/read Korean, so I used Google translate to read the docs. Here's links to his site and demo:

Site:
http://uxground.com/

Demo:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6-3MLD_Wbqea1lNWTVDQ3dybUE/edit

From what I gather, the only way to play a file is if it's an .avi file called 'movie' placed in the same folder as the app. Obviously this is rather limiting, but hopefully he's working on a fix. Right-click brings up a menu where u can pick any seat in the theater, as well as choose to play 2D or 3D (SBS) content! Works really well, and the theater looks great. He's even got the light coming from the projector if u turn around. 360 controller moves u around, but doesn't seem to bring up the menu or ability to sit down.

Looks like he's also working on a (free!) horror game called "Nine Stones". Haven't seen either of these mentioned in these threads so I thought I'd share my findings. Enjoy!
329 REPLIES 329

holophone3d
Explorer
Definitely very well done. The scale is perfect and very convincing. I feel like there needs to be some adjustment to the 3d convergence on SBS content - I can't quite pin point it - but the 3d films aren't as comfortable in 3d as the movie environment is. Just my 2 cents. Overall, very very cool! 😄

Infinite
Honored Guest
It would be very cool to be able to customize or add in the old Cinema idents from the 70's, 80's, 90's in (copyright issues no doubt) like so http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aT7I9AuNH9M&feature=player_detailpage#t=763s
_________________________________________________ I N F I N I T E www.ir-ltd.net

Vamplifire
Honored Guest
"Infinite" wrote:
It would be very cool to be able to customize or add in the old Cinema idents from the 70's, 80's, 90's in (copyright issues no doubt) like so http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aT7I9AuNH9M&feature=player_detailpage#t=763s

I'm sure the finished product will have a playlist that you can add those in. Maybe even a Trailer option that uses apple or yahoo trailers.

matteo210
Honored Guest
i'm also having problems with the demo. It loads fine and the menu works but the cinema screen is always white, can't seem to find the movie. I have tried with the included movie.avi, with several of my avi files renamed to movie.avi and put in the exec directory, and even with some avi downloaded from other users that said it was working for them. I am running win 7 64 bit, even tried to run the app in admin mode but i've never managed to see anything more than a white screen in the cinema. i don't have my rift yet.

Pingles
Explorer
Win 7 64 here as well and it runs fine for me except I get no sound from the movie. I can exit and run the clip in Windows and I have sound. But no sound in the theater.

But I just have to comment that when you sit down and look over at the seat next to you it is a surreal feeling. It is just perfectly scaled. A fantastic implementation of the Rift.

Tbone
Protege
No sound here either. I tried the sample clips that someone zipped up. The video plays fine, however. Can't wait to see it on the Rift tonight!
The Furious Angels - an Oculus Rift Online Gaming Community!

MrPapillon
Honored Guest
Ah the light is baked. But I assume that it would be hard to get something dynamic working with Unity. Maybe some graphics tricks with some projected texture can help.
Apart from that, it is awesome. I can't wait to try with the commercial version of the Rift with better resolution.

jd123
Honored Guest
Anyone know why i just get a black screen even using sample video...Im using a pretty old windows computer running vista (have a newer mac) any ideas? thanks

Laserschwert
Honored Guest
"holophone3d" wrote:
I feel like there needs to be some adjustment to the 3d convergence on SBS content - I can't quite pin point it - but the 3d films aren't as comfortable in 3d as the movie environment is.

Actually I noticed something feeling "off" in 2D mode as well (especially with fast movement in the video). It's like the left and right eye's are slightly out of sync...

But the feeling of scale is really perfect.

roculus99
Protege
This completely tricks my brain into believing I am in a movie theater after watching for a while. Wow.