cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double image / overlap

thomas
Honored Guest
Hey guys,

I got my rift two days ago and finally set everything up: MacBook Air 13", Displayport -> HDMI adapter.
Set my MacBook screen to mirroring with 1280x800.
As I have perfect vision, I sticked to the eye cup A.

I tried running this video on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dV73lC4wlA

But I get double vision, the images slightly overlap, so in this video, I see the castle twice, next to each other.

With the Tuscany Demo I have vision only on one eye, the other is white.
I think I saw some other posts about that, so I'll dig deeper there. But I wanted to get the video working first, as there seems to be something wrong with the setup already.

Cheers,
Thomas
5 REPLIES 5

thomas
Honored Guest
I got the tuscany demo to work.
It's a bit slow on my MacBook, giving me around 30FPS, which seems a little low for a smooth experience?

The video still has the problem - but I guess that might be some problem unrelated to my rift.
A lot of the commenters didn't seem to experience any problems though.

Cheers,
Thomas

sobchak
Honored Guest
What resolution are you running in?

geekmaster
Protege
"thomas" wrote:
Hey guys,

I got my rift two days ago and finally set everything up: MacBook Air 13", Displayport -> HDMI adapter.
Set my MacBook screen to mirroring with 1280x800.
As I have perfect vision, I sticked to the eye cup A.

I tried running this video on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dV73lC4wlA

But I get double vision, the images slightly overlap, so in this video, I see the castle twice, next to each other.

With the Tuscany Demo I have vision only on one eye, the other is white.
I think I saw some other posts about that, so I'll dig deeper there. But I wanted to get the video working first, as there seems to be something wrong with the setup already.

Cheers,
Thomas

That video is full overlap, which will not work in the Rift DK, which requires partial overlap. The video comments say "And, the warp may or may not be 100% accurate, I still don´t have a OR so hard to tweak", so it is not adequate for Rift testing...

The white vision in the Tuscany demo can happen if you are in windowed mode, and some other popup window is covering one eye. Try fullscreen mode.

cybereality
Grand Champion
I would be careful watching YouTube videos on the Rift. And by "careful" I mean you shouldn't do it. Most of those videos are not designed for the Rift, mostly for 3D TVs, and they won't look correct on the Rift (due to the Rift's partial stereo overlap). Even the videos that are supposed to be for the Rift I've seen many problems with, since maybe the posters don't have the Rift yet or are experimenting, etc. Watch out!

Can I ask what you changed to fix the white screen in Tuscany? From what I understand it should work if you turn anti-aliasing off. Is that what you did, or did you discover something else?
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

thomas
Honored Guest
@cybereality & geekmaster: Ok, thanks for the tips regarding the YouTube videos.

@cybereality: I got the tuscany demo to work after setting the resolution on my MacBook to 1280x800 - before that I did a quick test but had the 1440x900 running, I think that's what might have caused the problem.