Whats happened to The Gallery Six Elements — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Whats happened to The Gallery Six Elements

LuciferousLuciferous Posts: 1,803
Project 2501
edited August 2014 in General
Anybody have any news on this. I backed this some time ago but they seem to have disappeared. Website looks unchanged since march, no news on DK2 intentions and I cant remember the last time I saw them on the forum.

There is a fire world demo put on about a month ago without update or commentary.

This was one of the really exciting prospects for VR. Exploration school was good but I was expecting updates etc. for backing early?

Comments

• ajocularajocular Posts: 83
    Yeah, I'm curious too. I was chatting with their sound design guy a couple weeks ago. I didn't ask him if they had a release date but I got the impression they're still in development.
  • LuciferousLuciferous Posts: 1,803
    Project 2501
    They were really active, putting out great videos, progress etc and now nothing. My DK2 arriving in the next 2 weeks
    and would love to know what I backed is going to converted. Also it would be nice to update the people backing them.
  • mallmagicianmallmagician Posts: 297 Oculus Start Member
    I heard from the dev when I asked the same question a month or so ago. I wanted to (and still do), pre order etc, but the dev said that they are on the verge of some exciting news coming soon. But not heard anything since. I still want to preorder!
  • aztecsurfaztecsurf Posts: 33
    Lets keep this thread updated. I also backed this game and really want to see something for my $$$. I really hope they have some good news coming. The early beta's they showed looked fantastic.
  • HiCZoKHiCZoK Posts: 230
    Art3mis
    It had pretty high requiments. Would be difficult to run it at 75fps with low persistence
    Project 2501
    I've just got a I7 and 780TI, so hoping it should run. :D
  • jasonatokcjasonatokc Posts: 353
    This is one of the best. Really hoping for dk2 support.
  • Tails-Tails- Posts: 89
    Brain Burst
    They told me on reddit that they're waiting for a DK2 to add support for it.
    Last I've seen of them: http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/28u89a/whats_happening_with_gallery_six_elements/
    DK2 Status: DELIVERED
    Reddit: FourTails
    Project 2501
    Thanks EvanB, good to know.
  • CloudheadCloudhead Posts: 34
    Brain Burst
    Hey gang! Our last update can be found here https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/494598080/the-gallery-six-elements/posts

The simple truth is that we've been in a period of growth that has gobbled up all of our free time. We've added staff, moved to a bigger office and we've been engaged with a number of industry majors who are eager to see The Gallery on their platforms. As tends to be the case for us, because we arrived so early on the VR scene, so much of what has been happening falls into a foggy NDA zone. We desperately want to share details but we are prevented from talking about the more serious goings on.

Beyond that, we're just in the thick of production. The migration to Steam and our preorder page is still happening in the not so distant future, it just took a backseat to various con appearances and development related progress.

We've had access to Dk2 and we are in the process of accounting for positional and integrating that with our VR Comfort Mode locomotion options. We did some early work with Truemotion controllers prior to that to emulate positional tracking and it was really exciting to see working. Hopefully the transition to DK2 won't take too long but Chris would kill me if I were to hazard a guess! Our player controller is several orders more complex than stock OVR controllers, mostly due to motion control integrations and body persistance/locomotion, so our specific integration is time consuming. We also have to account for other hardware.

Anyway, bottom line is that we've been busy. Now that we've settled in to our new situation, we hope to dedicate more time to social updates and rebooting our community in general. These are very exciting times and we can't wait to share!
  • mscanfpmscanfp Posts: 659
    Cool news. It's better to be wanted then have none care about you.
    Like to read? Cool, check out my author page on Amazon. I run free promotions all the time, and you might read something you like, http://www.amazon.com/Michael-Scanlon/e/B00KDPB88U/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_0
    Project 2501
    Great thanks for the update.