New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus Rift Order Tracking

Comments

• IbrinarIbrinar Posts: 135
    kurry wrote:
    So I guess the order tracking numbers are a couple weeks off.
    I think it said preorders should have started to receive theirs on around May 24th, if the shipping rate
    was 1000 a week.
    I was really hoping to receive mine June 14th, but don't think it will come until mid July:(
    I don't know hat they use as startpoint, but anyway beside being off it's buggy. At one place it temporarily jumps up by 700 in it's real order number, but subtracts a week from it's estimate.
    20554 (8154) 3 May 2013 (-25 days) 17 May 2013 (-11 days) 24 May 2013 (-4 days)
    20561 (8811) 9 May 2013 (-19 days) 30 May 2013 (2 days) 17 May 2013 (-11 days)

It's useful to estimate your real position, but you should just do the calculations yourself.
  • KingK76KingK76 Posts: 257
    Art3mis
    kurry wrote:
    So I guess the order tracking numbers are a couple weeks off.
    I think it said preorders should have started to receive theirs on around May 24th, if the shipping rate
    was 1000 a week.
    I was really hoping to receive mine June 14th, but don't think it will come until mid July:(

I'm a Kickstarter backer and my worst case scenario according to the Rift Tracker was May 17. Well it's now May 28 and I still haven't received my DK. So ya, it's definitely a few weeks off.
    Art3mis
    Thought I'd report that I just got my UPS My Choice shipping notification, est arrival Weds. I'm in WA State US. Order ID 93xx. So excited!

Sweet.
  • NightWolfNightWolf Posts: 4
    I just received the e-mail telling me my order will switch to processing in the next 24 hours.

I'm Order number 21119, made on Nov 28, 2012, and I live in the U.S.
  • AusRedNeckAusRedNeck Posts: 25
    Brain Burst
    I just got the same email and I'm a 43,000 order from Jan 10th
  • michaelgoodmichaelgood Posts: 96
    Me too, 45760. On MTBS many people in the US are reporting 'will switch to processing 24 hours' emails, some up in the 48k range.
    Art3mis
    I thought I already posted this yesterday but I don't see it here. I got my shipping confirmation e-mail from Oculus last night (May 28) at 8:30pm! My Rift shipped on the 23rd of May and as of this minute it's awaiting clearance in Windsor Ontario. My order number is 9303 so it looks like Canadian orders should be delivered this week. I am a happy man. :D
  • jbenscoterjbenscoter Posts: 5
    edited May 2013
    I received the processing in 24 hours email! Ordered Sept. 26th.
  • usb420usb420 Posts: 291
    my order 47xxx just got the shipping email. US delivery.
  • baggygbaggyg Posts: 176
    Art3mis
    Can everyone who is reporting receiving the e-mail please include their location as well? It will help the rest of us check to see everything is fine with our order in the same region.
  • MorbidDonkeyMorbidDonkey Posts: 284
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited May 2013
    Just got my "Processing" Warning from OVR. It's like logistics just dropped the mic, put up a middle finger, walked off stage and said "Suck it forums."

Order: 47xxxx
    Preorder Date: March 23
    -: MorbidDonkey :-
    ===================================
    LOGISTICS - Oculus Prototype 1
    Hiro Protagonist
    So a thought.....

Once orders are all fulfilled what are we going to complain about?...... Anyone wanna head to the Virtuix Omni forums?! :twisted:
  • ShockboltShockbolt Posts: 236
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited May 2013
    So a thought.....

Once orders are all fulfilled what are we going to complain about?...... Anyone wanna head to the Virtuix Omni forums?! :twisted:

*joyful*

Microsoft did a fine job adding more content to complain about with their Xbox One announcement :)
  • DeadlyMaverickDeadlyMaverick Posts: 23
    edited May 2013
    baggyg wrote:
    Can everyone who is reporting receiving the e-mail please include their location as well? It will help the rest of us check to see everything is fine with our order in the same region.

Got my email warning of an impending email; warning of an impending change in status last night, 5/28/2013.

Order: 20XXX
    PreOrder Date: Nov 1, 2012

And I was only a few days away from finishing my 100% cardboard and totally non-functional placeholder "KnockOffulus Riftoff" darkness simulating headset. Might still do it because I hear these things take a while to ship. At any rate, I'd be happy to just have my rift in-hand... er... I mean 'on head'.
    Hiro Protagonist
    Shockbolt wrote:
    So a thought.....

*joyful*

Microsoft did a fine job adding more content to compain about with their Xbox One announcement :)

Ouch! Still crossing my fingers for E3....but honestly, I am reverting back to more of a PC guy again. VR is going to swallow my soul!

evildead17.gif
  • titan1978titan1978 Posts: 59
    Got my email warning of an impending email; warning of an impending change in status last night, 5/28/2013.

Order: 20XXX
    PreOrder Date: Nov 2, 2012
  • CaineCaine Posts: 208
    Curious if anyone in Canada with a number higher than #0234X has received notice - I haven't yet, and it's frustrating to see people with orders in the #04XXX range getting notices.
  • kurrykurry Posts: 100
    Hiro Protagonist
    Caine wrote:
    Curious if anyone in Canada with a number higher than #0234X has received notice - I haven't yet, and it's frustrating to see people with orders in the #04XXX range getting notices.

I haven't seen anyone from Canada who have received the email.
    Very frustrating, looks like I probably will have to wait another month. :roll:
    Every time I think I'll receive it this month, it gets pushed to the next.
  • edpsxedpsx Posts: 121
    Hiro Protagonist
    Order 43407
    Fort Worth, TX

Got the processing email. Alot of TX peeps in here getting the email.
  • DannyODannyO Posts: 49
    I'm order 447XX, I ordered on Jan 24th, I'm in Canada and have not received any emails, the vr/sales page is also still on "READY".

I have had a feeling for a while that we may see something like separate batches from China going to Europe/International only, and then others going to US only, it would also explain what we appear to be seeing right now, but thought that any North American shipments would also include Canada, I have a feeling now that this may not be the case and Canadian orders may be taking a bit of a back seat regarding shipments.

This is all just guesswork from what I have been seeing, it may be that the process Oculus have in place for order shipments mean that US and Canada have to be treated separately. I hope to be proven wrong.

Great to see so many people getting notifications though, would not surprise me to see an update from them soon regarding higher production numbers per week.
  • ishistishist Posts: 15
    NerveGear
    order 0452XX
    North Carolina

Got the "Soon to be Processing" email last night
  • XemakonXemakon Posts: 188
    Hiro Protagonist
    Got the proccessing email also.

Order: 43xxx
    Date: Early January

Hang in there international peeps. If the reddit post from Palmer holds true then everyone will be happy by the end of June.
  • ShockboltShockbolt Posts: 236
    Hiro Protagonist
    Ouch! Still crossing my fingers for E3....but honestly, I am reverting back to more of a PC guy again. VR is going to swallow my soul!

*neutral - dreaming*

I'm also waiting for E3, that will be Microsoft's chance to prove us all wrong, come out and tell us the Xbox One will be ok without internet connection and does not require a kinect connected to it in order to play games. Both are features that shouldn't be forced upon us, did they not learn from the kinect v1.0 failure?

I'm also hoping we'll see much more games for the PS4, especially "Deep down" and I'd pee my pants if they revealed "The Last Guardian" to be among those new games!
  • CHADALAK1CHADALAK1 Posts: 58
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited May 2013
    Yesterday night i just got an email that my Rift is now being processed!!! :D! im order #209xx ^_^ and from Iowa they must be coming along well 8-)
  • LathspeLLLathspeLL Posts: 87
    Hiro Protagonist
    Normally if USA gets this kind of "processing" overhaul, after a day or two International owners get that too. It's only hope of course.
  • HappyHimitsuHappyHimitsu Posts: 988
    Art3mis
    Caine wrote:
    kurry wrote:
    DannyO wrote:
    I have had a feeling for a while that we may see something like separate batches from China going to Europe/International only, and then others going to US only, it would also explain what we appear to be seeing right now, but thought that any North American shipments would also include Canada, I have a feeling now that this may not be the case and Canadian orders may be taking a bit of a back seat regarding shipments.

I have a feeling this would most likely be because of Canadian complaints (myself included, in fact I was one of the more vocal) regarding brokerage fees and the fact that it appears that now Oculus is footing the bill (for said fees).
    Perhaps in order to do so, the method they have used for us Canadians necessitates enough of a differentiation that they had little choice but to maneuver us a little further back in the shipping line.
    “If you are willing to look at another person’s behavior toward you as a reflection of the state of their relationship with themselves rather than a statement about your value as a person, then you will, over a period of time cease to react at all.”
    (~I really gotta remember this shiz~)
    ― Yogi Bhajan
  • epicslothzepicslothz Posts: 116
    ishist wrote:
    order 0452XX
    North Carolina

Got the "Soon to be Processing" email last night

Order 0449xx
    Also North Carolina

Same email last night. Hope they're not pulling our chain. :D
  • CaineCaine Posts: 208
    Caine wrote:
    kurry wrote:
    DannyO wrote:

I have a feeling this would most likely be because of Canadian complaints (myself included, in fact I was one of the more vocal) regarding brokerage fees and the fact that it appears that now Oculus is footing the bill (for said fees).
    Perhaps in order to do so, the method they have used for us Canadians necessitates enough of a differentiation that they had little choice but to maneuver us a little further back in the shipping line.

That would be unfortunate, when considering the time & annoyance spent to have to do it personally, I didn't think the brokerage fees were all that unreasonable and had zero problem with it.
  • BlackBansheeBlackBanshee Posts: 15
    NerveGear
    Woot!! Order 4809X, Moved to processing! Denver, CO
  • HappyHimitsuHappyHimitsu Posts: 988
    Art3mis
    Caine wrote:
    That would be unfortunate, when considering the time & annoyance spent to have to do it personally, I didn't think the brokerage fees were all that unreasonable and had zero problem with it.

Your the first person I know who wouldn't mind spending an extra $130 dollars to get their Rift. We are not all so blessed to have such money to throw around so easily.
    “If you are willing to look at another person’s behavior toward you as a reflection of the state of their relationship with themselves rather than a statement about your value as a person, then you will, over a period of time cease to react at all.”
    (~I really gotta remember this shiz~)
    ― Yogi Bhajan