Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DK2 camera doesn't light up / doesn't work

helloziy
Honored Guest
Hi everyone,

Just got my DK2 today!

Tuscany and Desk Demo works. However, there is no positional tracking.
The camera is found in the config utility.

When I plug the camera in, the blue light flashes once, then goes away. The light never comes back on again.

Any tips? Thanks!
189 REPLIES 189

sfaok
Protege
I have the exact same problem. However mine worked perfectly for the first hour. Then just stopped.

I've tried resetting, restarting, re-installing - nothing I try is bringing it back so far.

It's serial is detected in the config utility but when you click "Show Demo Scene" - no positional tracking (i.e. no blue light on the camera).
Developer of Ocean Rift. Follow me on Twitter @sfaok

helloziy
Honored Guest
Is it faulty hardware?

cybereality
Grand Champion
Have you tried switching USB ports for the camera? I assume you have the sync cable plugged in?

What OS are you on? Can you post a DxDiag log?
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

sfaok
Protege
Mine started working again - I can't be sure but I think removing and then plugging in my wireless keyboard dongle (Logitech K800) fixed it for me.

I know we aren't supposed to use Logitech stuff but it's all I got + it was working!
Developer of Ocean Rift. Follow me on Twitter @sfaok

helloziy
Honored Guest
Yep, the sync cable is plugged in. I've tried multiple ports.

Edit: After restarting the oculus rift a few times, the blue light on the camera now comes on. The blue light on the oculus rift also comes on. It works on the desk demo. I took the mirror cap off of the camera (I hope it's supposed to be off)

However, the Tuscany demo still doesn't work for the tracking. (When I push spacebar, POS stays the same, never changes)

densohax
Explorer
The camera doesn't work for me either.

I tried all usb ports, until one was able to detect the drivers correctly, but the camera is not showing up in the config utility (waiting for camera)

densohax
Explorer
I tried reinstalling the runtime, and not surprisingly it's telling me that the positional tracker x64 driver failed.

Not impressed.

mskurnik
Honored Guest
I think this has something to do with the Camera wanting to pulling too much power or the camera and the rift combined. I am thinking this could be resolved with a http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4UB1S47266 and a USB wall adapter.

densohax
Explorer
How come a simple IR webcam would need more than 500mA to work ?