i'm glad I have finished this. Think it turned out quite enjoying 🙂

Update 08/02:
- DK2 ready
- Recenter
- Show FPS (F key)
- Disabled mirror mode, much faster in direct mode

Update 08/10:

- Press L to lock the seat from rotating
- New music tracks, choose with 1/2/3/4 keys (electro swing/funk/drum and bass/westcoast g funk)

Download at http://www.riftaway.com

Eject feature:

87 REPLIES 87

MannyLectro
Explorer
What the hell ! I never had any reaction to any roller coaster in the Rift, but here you gave me a huge rush of adrenaline !!
Amazing !
Rift 3d models available here : viewtopic.php?t=1514

Anonymous
Not applicable
How to download? Your website is just a video, no download link or any links at all as far as I can see.

EDIT: Oh, I had to scroll down.. Not very intuitive 😞

EDIT2: Holy fuck, dude. That was intense. And nauseating. Great demo! :mrgreen:

falco
Honored Guest
Can´t wait to watch my friends reaction when I make them try this and not warn them that they´ll be ejected :lol:

evil1
Honored Guest
Absolutely brilliant, not sure about being a decapitated dude at the start of the ride though - lol.
I am one of the lucky few that get zero simulator sickness, but this gave me the slightest feeling in my stomach, love it. Thank you. If it rotated on its axis as well, that would be mental. How about adding a high score table for height and distance 🙂

doodmang
Honored Guest
This is the best DK2 experience I've had thus far. Most stable, best frame rate, completely had me feeling like I was going to fly out of my chair! Must play if you have a DK2. I also second a leaderboard. Launched over 1400ft earlier today. Can't say enough great things about this one, it's so great. Maybe controller support for launching would be nice, but I don't wanna get greedy.

tresch
Explorer
I really want to try this, but when I run the direct app, the frame rate is extremely low, and there's all sorts of tearing. 😞
VRJam game: GravWing Racing! viewtopic.php?f=51&t=3480

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Nice Demo! In your starting instructions, it said SHIFT/ENTER to reset position, but I couldn't get that to work. That's a problem I've been having with a few demos, they start me with my head in the wrong place, and I can't reset, so I end up trying to position my camera to get myself onto my virtual body. Is this a not-quite implemented feature, or something wrong on my end?

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Carandiru
Honored Guest
Woo! Really feel this one. It's amazing how the inner ear is connected to your vision like that.
http://www.supersinfulsilicon.com/ supersinfulsilicon - software Home of the MaxVR Oculus Rift Video Player https://twitter.com/Carandiru

Dreymo
Explorer
"tresch" wrote:
I really want to try this, but when I run the direct app, the frame rate is extremely low, and there's all sorts of tearing. 😞

same here, only works good in direct mode after a clean reboot. If I start it the second time it starts tearing again.

ejz6837
Explorer
Love this ride, especially with a fan blowing in my face for added effect :lol: but I too can't get the camera reset to work, enter and shift does nothing. If you have time, please fix it! Thanks!