i'm glad I have finished this. Think it turned out quite enjoying 🙂

Update 08/02:
- DK2 ready
- Recenter
- Show FPS (F key)
- Disabled mirror mode, much faster in direct mode

Update 08/10:

- Press L to lock the seat from rotating
- New music tracks, choose with 1/2/3/4 keys (electro swing/funk/drum and bass/westcoast g funk)

Download at http://www.riftaway.com

Eject feature:

87 REPLIES 87

coldshivery
Honored Guest
Hmm starting CyberSpace_DK2_v1_DirectToRift.exe does nothing. Seems it requires extended mode to work. This is some puke evoking stuff ! damn had to exit after few swings.

paulg100
Honored Guest
well i gotta say, i had the DK1 since june2013, and now DK2.

Tried pretty much everything over that time and never really got motion sick at all..... until now.

This is freaking intense, only got half way through and had to get it off.

be warned 🙂

not sure if this is the best thing to put first timers in tbh, its a bit tooo much

Dreymo
Explorer
"ejz6837" wrote:
Love this ride, especially with a fan blowing in my face for added effect :lol: but I too can't get the camera reset to work, enter and shift does nothing. If you have time, please fix it! Thanks!

Hmm... it works, but it doesnt when you have caps lock on.. guess that was your problem..

rtweed
Honored Guest
So, I just had one of those weird VR moments. I've been running this once or twice a day since I got my DK2 as a way to get used to the VR sickness.

So I'm doing that just now and a cooking timer goes off in the kitchen. For some reason, my brain thinks "crap, I've got to go deal with that but I can't get out now because I'm all the way up here..." took me a second to remember I can just take the Rift off.

Dreymo
Explorer
Haha nice, some people dont get sick at all with this. Some experience rollercoaster sickness which Is a bit different than motion sickness.. Some both 🙂 But yes, its really a matter of getting used to.. When I first had my DK1 I was getting sick very fast, even with slow moving things. But now, no problem..

So If someone gets sick on funfair rides it isnt the best thing to show to first timers. Go for Chilling Space 😉

jamesh2263
Honored Guest
Wow didnt want to try this on my dk1 but got the dk2 today after about 3 hours trying to set it up your demo was my go to demo

lol crazy good loved the feeling i had going so high and then the few seconds of hanging in limbo wondering which way it was going to drop definitly getting all my mates on this soon

thank you

ejz6837
Explorer
"Dreymo" wrote:
"ejz6837" wrote:
Love this ride, especially with a fan blowing in my face for added effect :lol: but I too can't get the camera reset to work, enter and shift does nothing. If you have time, please fix it! Thanks!

Hmm... it works, but it doesnt when you have caps lock on.. guess that was your problem..

Nope, still doesn't work and I pressed every key on the keyboard! Shift and enter work (eject from ride) as soon as the ride starts.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
"Dreymo" wrote:
"ejz6837" wrote:

Nope, no CAPS LOCK and no camera reset function here. Both Shift and Enter work for ejecting from the ride, but they don't reset my camera when used in combination. I usually start behind the virtual body staring at his back, so I move my camera closer and lower to get myself to the right position.

I'm using the Direct to Rift version, in Direct Mode if that makes a difference. I'll try the other version/mode combinations later today to see if it works that way.

Still, great demo!

EDIT: I tried both versions with the Rift in Extended mode, couldn't reset my camera in either.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Dreymo
Explorer
Ahh.. Now I know what you mean.. Will have a look at this!

Dreymo
Explorer
Okay I have added a recenter function, recenters every time when you press ENTER while lying on the ground or when the ride is in start position. Quality dialog is also back 😉