New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus employee killed in car accident

MrGeddingsMrGeddings Posts: 604
Art3mis
edited March 2014 in General
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/orange_county&id=9122999

Very sad :-( at least he died doing what he loved i am sure working at Oculus and being a part of this "revolution". i am sure he will be missed :-(.

Comments

• ricard2798ricard2798 Posts: 432
    Hiro Protagonist
    We will have him and the rest of the team in our prayers :(

My condolences.
  • geekmastergeekmaster Posts: 2,866
    Nexus 6
    I felt like I lost a close friend while reading that article, and I had not even met him yet. Best wishes to all, family, friends, and co-workers. He will be missed, but his legacy of great contributions will live on for a very long time.
  • drashdrash Posts: 2,849
    Neo
    Very sad to hear this.... :(
  • defactomandefactoman Posts: 33
    Brain Burst
    wow very sad :(
  • XemakonXemakon Posts: 188
    Hiro Protagonist
    Fair winds and following seas.
  • dolomitedolomite Posts: 126
    Hiro Protagonist
    Terrible news. Condolences to his family and the Oculus team.
  • dynjodynjo Posts: 23
    Brain Burst
    Utterly tragic waste of a brilliant life/mind caused by a worthless piece of sh1t.

Difficult to not feel angry but better channel our energy into creating some awesome Oculus experiences which is undoubtedly what Andrew would have wanted us all to do.
  • FaroxFarox Posts: 15
    NerveGear
    Don't really know what to say except to offer my condolences :(
  • captaintripscaptaintrips Posts: 313
    Art3mis
    A terrible day for everyone in the Oculus community, and the loss of a great inspiring mind. Even more tragic of how it happened. I hope they charge the idiots who caused his death to the fullest extent of the law. Great person taken too soon by people who only want to harm the world.

:(

RIP Andrew
  • ChristiaanChristiaan Posts: 386
    Art3mis
    My thoughts and prayers to his family, friends, and co-workers. May his legacy live on through all the people whose lives he touched and the wonderful things he achieved.
  • So sad to hear this news, a friend just linked me to the article and it was like a punch in the gut.

My condolences to his friends, family and colleagues - know his memory will live on in his work.
  • TylakTylak Posts: 7
    Just heard about this. Very upsetting :(
    TYLAK.COM - Adventures in #gamedev
  • BurnerBurner Posts: 16
    NerveGear
    This is terrible, my condolences to his family and all the good people at Oculus.
  • baggygbaggyg Posts: 176
    Art3mis
    A very sad day. I am so very sorry to hear this, a huge loss. My condolences to everyone to his family and anyone who knew Andrew Scott Reisse. RIP.
  • DokoMasterDokoMaster Posts: 71
    Man.... I pray strength for his family, co-workers and friends.
  • WadeWattsWadeWatts Posts: 60
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited May 2013
    It's difficult to express in words how sad this news is. Here was a man who was at the forefront of the next great advance in how we communicate with each other. He must of been so excited at what was happening with Oculus and the Rift.

I can only wish those who knew him personally my sincere condolences.

I think it best to honor his memory by showing that his contribution was not lost nor will be forgotten. As a developer I will do my best with what he was trying to do at Oculus with the creation of the Rift. I'm sure others will feel the same way.

To the Oculus team and his coworkers: I know I don't know what you need right now, but my heart goes out to all of you.

Take care everyone... life is fragile and we lost a brother in tech today. Time to reflect.
  • MorbidDonkeyMorbidDonkey Posts: 284
    Hiro Protagonist
    Everyone should remember to live life doing what they love. Safe travels.
    -: MorbidDonkey :-
    ===================================
    LOGISTICS - Oculus Prototype 1
  • CapyvaraCapyvara Posts: 60
    Hiro Protagonist
    Sad news, I really don't know what to say at these times.

His last post was made less than one month ago.

RIP
  • jonomfjonomf Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    This is terrible news. My deepest condolences to Oculus and his family.
  • fredrick300fredrick300 Posts: 45
    This is horrible. I feel so sorry for the man. I can only imagine the sad atmosphere that could be going on at the Oculus office. RIP
  • rpandersonrpanderson Posts: 137
    Hiro Protagonist
    Ugh, this makes me so angry. What a pity that idiots with little regard for their own lives could take away one with so much to offer. Such a fluke incident, too. These kinds of accidents are the worst kind.
  • BreymacBreymac Posts: 39
    Shocked, confused, horrified. It's truly morbid how such a loved member of our community could be taken from us and his loved ones due to a careless gang thug.
    Keep strong Oculus, my condolences.
  • nellusnellus Posts: 113
    riposa in pace.

sono senza parole.

condolianze.

:(
  • NedoNedo Posts: 295
    Hiro Protagonist
    Oh man just read the news, this is so sad :(
    My condolences to Reisse's family and friends.
    Order DK1 Mar 30, 2013 / Order DK2: Mar 19, 2014 / Order CV1: Jan 6, 2016 / Order HTC Vive Feb 29, 2016
  • ThanathosThanathos Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Just read this on a dutch gaming site. VERY sad news. My condolences to the family and the team.
  • PrelucidPrelucid Posts: 104
    Just heard about this and came to find this thread. RIP.

I was wondering, and if it's okay with his family, if there were any photos of him. Maybe I can make an NPC of him that will live on in my game. I'd make this available for anyone to use/modify as well if they wanted to do the same.
    Viktor: Yes, he was wrong. But just as some things can be right and useless at the same time, can't something be wrong... and priceless?
  • MrNexyMrNexy Posts: 148
    NerveGear
    My condolences for your loss :(
  • maboo12maboo12 Posts: 45
    oh man my deepest condolences....
  • JoewaJoewa Posts: 26
    Brain Burst
    Really sorry for your loss, guys.
  • danworlddanworld Posts: 127
    Art3mis
    Incredibly tragic.