cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Miku Entertainment Sphere Stage 1.0.2 (Updated for DK2)

Grimmy
Honored Guest
Hello!

I've updated Miku Entertainment Sphere Stage for the DK2. 8-)
Video of the old build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV9zrLqb328

Downloads:
v. 1.0.2
Available on Oculus Share: https://share.oculus.com/app/miku-entertainment-sphere-stage
Windows 32bit (and 64bit): https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0BxAnIxpoipYGajJCRWx6RzlpNXM&export=download

Remember to rate this demo on the Share page. Thank you!

Changes in 1.0.2 version:
-Added 0.4.1 Unity integration.

Changes in 1.0.1 version:
-Near clip plane distance decreased (you can inspect the characters more closely).
-Player's height corrected (decreased by 0.1m).
-Player's eye height at beginning lowered closer to a seated height (from 1.6m to 1.1m).
-Player movement speed decreased (now same as in the old dk1 version).

Features and content are same as in the old version but I made a couple changes to the code:
-Holding 'Change height' button down now changes player height faster.
-Starting music hides the UI automatically and stopping brings it back up.
-Most of the keyboardbindings changed (old ones were overlapping with new oculus binds).
More info inside the readme file.

Testing was done with dk1 and everything worked. I made a MESS_extended.bat file for the extended mode which launches the game to your second screen (edit in notepad and change the number incase you need it on some other screen).

Tips:
-Press CTRL after launching the demo to change the game resolution (launchwindow pops up!).
-Pressing 'R' resets the cameratracking
-Pressing 'F1' toggles low persistence

Feedback and bugreports are welcome! 🙂
84 REPLIES 84

dusty44
Honored Guest
Never seen this on Dk1 but it works great on Dk2,direct to rift works and it runs 75fps no probs,like you said the second camera mode is like whoa whats happened! Tracking also works great . The models look fantastic in this demo.

cefyl
Honored Guest
Really, the demo is great. Nothing to report, everything go fine.

Having a free camera could be cool.

But more than other, i'd love to know if you did that with something like mikumiku dance and made a demo with it. i ask because i'd love to have a tutorial 😄
Writer on : VRapps.co : All (or almost 😛 ) Oculus Rift Games, Apps & Movies EnterTheRift.fr : The French VR Community Community : All articles of French VR enthusiasts

ennikah
Honored Guest
I love it !
Thank you for this pleasant moment.
Very beautiful with the DK2.
Webmaster : VRapps.co : All (or almost 😛 ) Oculus Rift Games, Apps & Movies EnterTheRift.fr : The French VR Community Community : All articles of French VR enthusiasts

jblouir
Honored Guest
I must ask you, do you have any advice for importing the vmd model animation files to work with the models? I loved MESS and I wanted to make a new version as I didnt know if MESS would be updated or not. Now that I am halfway through getting this working I would love if you could offer any advice.

Currently I can import the MMD models fine, but when converting the VMD motion files in unity they just dont seem to work, I followed the links you provided in the readme to get the same models and animations you used, but I am stumped!

Any help would be amazing, I want to make a big version of this in my free time, more models and animations and such!!

charlie177
Protege
I love this demo, you should submit it to the Oculus Share so more people know about it 😉 .

arbaal
Honored Guest
Thx! Works great with the DK2. Did you used the build in latency tester to feed the prediction? Has unity timewarp support?

metulski
Honored Guest
Great Work. Best DK2 demo so far 🙂

Only request from my side whoud be 'Tell the World'

Grimmy
Honored Guest
Thanks for the feedback people, it's good to hear that camera tracking works!

charlie177, metulski
Maybe I will 🙂

arbaal
No I didn't use a latency tester, everythings on default. Timewarp is set on in the settings.

ennikah, dusty44
Good to hear, makes me want to get a DK2 to see it myself!

jblouir, cefyl
Wall of text inc.

Looking at the stereoarts.jp the new version of MMD4Mecanim seems a bit easier to work with than my old alpha version (2013 09 13). The first pdf on the site seems to cover the importing and setting up of PMD/PMX and VMD quite well. I can't read japanese but the pictures alone explain a lot.

If your VMD files (animations) don't work, did you do the following:
-After getting the MMD4Mecanim file for your character, go to PMX2FBX tab, insert the VMD file and press Process.
-Now you should have the charater with motions so drag it to the Scene.
-Create an Animator Controller and instert it into your characters(in the scene) Animator.
-Open the Animator Controller and drag the animation(attached to your processed char) to it.
After that the motions should work when you press play.

Now I need to make a warning about limitations that hit me while doing the demo:
-A limit to how many animations a character can have is 5 or 6 depending on their length. I had to make 3 of each character to fit all 16 motions. Adding any more makes things prone to crash.
-Max memory usage for Unity is 4GB, which I almost hit and still got many crashes(also those loadtimes, phew). That's 9 characters with 5 or 6 motions each.

If making a bigger demo than mine, I'd suggest using a max of 5 animations for each character and making more than one Scene to lessen the weight on memory.

I hope this helps!

Giradan
Honored Guest
"metulski" wrote:
Great Work. Best DK2 demo so far 🙂

Only request from my side whoud be 'Tell the World'

I couldn't have said better : works perfectly fine with DK2, best demo i've played so far, i want more like this one XD