cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warscape Alpha VR v1.1 with DK2 support.

mfalx
Honored Guest
20 levels of arcade style fun. Hope you enjoy it. Its based on my commercial release for Android, Windows and OSX although fairly cut down in features.

The Unity 0.4.1 SDK integration still seems quite ropey, crashing, black screens, non working cameras, ghostly head tracking, etc (Works fine on my commercial projects without OVR assets installed so its not system or Unity related) Game is running super quick on my Geforce GTX770 and AMD r280 in DX11 (DX9 judder still on these Win 7 Pro x64 systems in direct mode, seems to be one way or the other with folks)

Windows http://pcer.co.uk/warscape/WAVR_v1_1_WIN.zip
OSX http://pcer.co.uk/warscape/WAVR_v1_1_OSX.zip

I will update the games Oculus share page also. Rejected due Windows 8 incompatibility?! Its unlikely now that I will update the Oculus Share page as I wont be supporting Windows 8 (in other words I wont be buying a Windows 8 license just for this side project) 😄

Updated!

Version 1.1d
-Rebuilt with SDK 0.4.1
-Added Menu sounds
-OSX builds now available.

Version 1.1c
-Added reset position and orientation for joypad button.
-Added discarding of weapon pickup for joypad button.
-Added tank engine sounds.

Version 1.1b
-Added reset position and orientation key (r).
-Thinned out standard rounds smoke and fire FX
-Added discarding of weapon pickup (q) (handy when mines or grenade launcher is of no situational use)
26 REPLIES 26

MertenNor
Honored Guest
Chrome wont let me download the zip file.. 😞
EDIT:
Works with FireFox

Jackp
Honored Guest
Tons of fun. The camera is stuck low and back in the tank, is there a way to reset the base position? I'm really loving this.

TapGames
Honored Guest
Really cool demo! I dont get any sickness playing this game!

Well done!

jimbofbx
Honored Guest
I got a windows firewall message after doing single player, which likewise resulted in messed up graphics. After hitting cancel, was able to restart and play.

Thanks for posting this. I found it comfortable to play and yeah, it's kind of fun. Only issue I had was:

How do I switch power-ups (i.e. if I have mines, how do I switch back to shooting)?
How do I reset the camera? My "natural" position places me over and behind the tank instead of in the seat.

Armon
Expert Protege
Wow, best vr game I played so far!

knapman
Explorer
going to need a camera recenter button for this, can't see whats going on in my default position as im inside the back of the tank
System: i5-3570k / GTX 670 / 8GB / Xonar DGX / Win7 64bit

mfalx
Honored Guest
Thank you!

I will implement a reset button.

Are you guys playing with WASD and Mouse or joypads?

-Alex

mfalx
Honored Guest
Its just occurred to me that I should implement View reset and Pickup discard to the joypad also (i play with mouse/keyb). Can anyone suggest which joypad buttons should be mapped to these actions?

-Alex

jimbofbx
Honored Guest
Honestly the view reset doesn't really need a button if it's done on level load