cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warscape Alpha VR v1.1 with DK2 support.

mfalx
Honored Guest
20 levels of arcade style fun. Hope you enjoy it. Its based on my commercial release for Android, Windows and OSX although fairly cut down in features.

The Unity 0.4.1 SDK integration still seems quite ropey, crashing, black screens, non working cameras, ghostly head tracking, etc (Works fine on my commercial projects without OVR assets installed so its not system or Unity related) Game is running super quick on my Geforce GTX770 and AMD r280 in DX11 (DX9 judder still on these Win 7 Pro x64 systems in direct mode, seems to be one way or the other with folks)

Windows http://pcer.co.uk/warscape/WAVR_v1_1_WIN.zip
OSX http://pcer.co.uk/warscape/WAVR_v1_1_OSX.zip

I will update the games Oculus share page also. Rejected due Windows 8 incompatibility?! Its unlikely now that I will update the Oculus Share page as I wont be supporting Windows 8 (in other words I wont be buying a Windows 8 license just for this side project) 😄

Updated!

Version 1.1d
-Rebuilt with SDK 0.4.1
-Added Menu sounds
-OSX builds now available.

Version 1.1c
-Added reset position and orientation for joypad button.
-Added discarding of weapon pickup for joypad button.
-Added tank engine sounds.

Version 1.1b
-Added reset position and orientation key (r).
-Thinned out standard rounds smoke and fire FX
-Added discarding of weapon pickup (q) (handy when mines or grenade launcher is of no situational use)
26 REPLIES 26

EarlGrey
Expert Protege
Pretty good game! You pretty much saved me with this, since I was demoing the DK2 I chose to show off this demo!

LewisP
Explorer
Back button should probably be mapped to reset view, not sure about the other one.

ebone260
Honored Guest
I agree with the others. Great game!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Seems very cool, but having a weird issue that may just be my PC. Everything seems fine until I enter a match, then my tank just goes in a constant left spin. I've checked the obvious (stuck keys, keyboard, 360 gamepad), to no avail. I'll fiddle some more, but just FYI.

This is in Direct to HMD mode, i7, gtx 580, DK2, 360 controller + kb/mouse (tried with the 360 off).

mfalx
Honored Guest
Thank you all.

So Im going to map back button to reset view and I figured I would use the right bumper for pickup/special weapon discard, seem fair?

-Alex

mfalx
Honored Guest
"kcface" wrote:
Seems very cool, but having a weird issue that may just be my PC. Everything seems fine until I enter a match, then my tank just goes in a constant left spin. I've checked the obvious (stuck keys, keyboard, 360 gamepad), to no avail. I'll fiddle some more, but just FYI.

This is in Direct to HMD mode, i7, gtx 580, DK2, 360 controller + kb/mouse (tried with the 360 off).

That's interesting, does it stop and rotate the other direction when you counter the spin or is locked left? do other controls work??

mfalx
Honored Guest
Updated!

Version 1.1c
-Added reset position and orientation on joypad button.
-Added discarding of weapon pickup on joypad button.
-Added tank engine sounds.

get it here http://pcer.co.uk/warscape/WarscapeAlphaVRv1.1.zip

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a request, until you implement custom keys...can you allow mouse right button to move forward and mouse middle button to move backward and leave mouse left button as fire, then I won't need to use the keyboard to play, it's more convenient in my setup for this and I suppose shouldn't be difficult to implement.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Here's an idea, most tank games on the PC allow independent turret aiming separately controlled from movement. What if you can assign mouse to aim turrets and use left and right keys to change tank direction? It might add some more strategy in that you can be moving at 90 degrees to the enemy tank while firing on him. But that would mean giving the same advantage to enemy tanks which would make the AI more difficult. Another improvement would be incoming ships from the air which you can also use the mouse to aim at (up and down turret movement as well). Just something to consider if you're trying to make improvements, and of course multiplayer team deathmatch 2 vs 2 or 3 vs 3.

mfalx
Honored Guest
"bcozier" wrote:
I have a request, until you implement custom keys...can you allow mouse right button to move forward and mouse middle button to move backward and leave mouse left button as fire, then I won't need to use the keyboard to play, it's more convenient in my setup for this and I suppose shouldn't be difficult to implement.

Yes, this is fairly straightforward to implement, I will include this in the next update.

Thanks for the feedback.

-Alex