cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to watch 3d movies?

wildone106
Honored Guest
I downloaded 'VR Cinema' app and when I load a movie into it, its showing the split screen side by side inside the virtual theater whilst looking thru the Oculus, so obviously it doesnt work or..what am I doing wrong? Is there a better way to just watch a 3d movie with the Rift?
70 REPLIES 70

Anonymous
Not applicable

scottpw25
Honored Guest
"hargabyte" wrote:
"alexdfolk" wrote:
After all the posts on reddit about poor service for Cineveo, I'm happy that VR player is working great for me. It takes a little longer to manually set up the values for chromatic aberration, but it's really quite easy and once it works (with the updated postional tracker even) it works great. Also it has none of the extra rendering that eats up cpu/gpu and hurts FPS. I convert all my 3d films to 60fps and it definitely eats up more resources. I got very low FPS on my mid-spec system using VR player and Infinity drive-in on DK1.

If you have any questions on setting up VR player, the settings above in this thread are a great start. It's also very easy to adjust the settings for chromatic aberration, etc while wearing the rift in extended mode and dragging the cursor on the monitor.

How do you set the settings for chromatic aberration in Cineveo? I dont see a settings file or any settings in the program.

I would like to know this as well. Does it pull from VLC or WMP settings?

trialobite
Protege
Since Cineveo is a standalone program compiled with the .4 the chromatic aberration correction should be baked right into the program. VR Player on the other hand is designed for use with any shape/size HMD and thus has much more customization available, at the expense of ease of use.

If chromatic aberration is a problem in Cineveo, you may need to adjust your personal settings in the Oculus configuration tool, or a there may be a problem with Cineveo's implementation of the SDK.

shadowheart
Honored Guest
"sidni" wrote:
just tried Cinevideo, and i have to say it is mind blowing! What an experience. i pranked my lil bro on the haunted valley scene, he nearly died :mrgreen:

How did you prank him? I want to prank mine 2! 😄

TapGames
Honored Guest
I orderd CINEVEO too, got the key within 10 minutes! Awesome!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cineveo works great. pretty much as plug and play as the rift gets. Does anyone know how to recenter the image up and down instead of just left and right? I want to be able to lay back some to take the weight of the rift off my face, but I can only get it to recenter horizontally and not vertically to lift the screen higher.

willste
Explorer
I used CINEVEO briefly with two SBS videos I downloaded in .mkv format. I noticed the frame rate on the video seems choppy even though the head tracking and surrounding environment are all smooth. I am wondering if the frame rate of the video or the format are causing this issue for me.

Anyone have any thoughts on how to fix or improve this?

NegativeCamber
Honored Guest
"bevo" wrote:
Cineveo works great. pretty much as plug and play as the rift gets. Does anyone know how to recenter the image up and down instead of just left and right? I want to be able to lay back some to take the weight of the rift off my face, but I can only get it to recenter horizontally and not vertically to lift the screen higher.

Does the recenter function on the little side menu not do vertical? It does for me?

Anonymous
Not applicable
"NegativeCamber" wrote:
"bevo" wrote:

Does the recenter function on the little side menu not do vertical? It does for me?

I've never seen a side menu. Are you using cenaveo?

NegativeCamber
Honored Guest
"bevo" wrote:
"NegativeCamber" wrote:
"bevo" wrote:

I've never seen a side menu. Are you using cenaveo?

Yes, when watching the film look down to your bottom right at the little orb, it will bring up a menu!