cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to watch 3d movies?

wildone106
Honored Guest
I downloaded 'VR Cinema' app and when I load a movie into it, its showing the split screen side by side inside the virtual theater whilst looking thru the Oculus, so obviously it doesnt work or..what am I doing wrong? Is there a better way to just watch a 3d movie with the Rift?
70 REPLIES 70

wildone106
Honored Guest
The only thing that worked for me was CINEVO I paid for it, and it works!

Anonymous
Not applicable
how would you get srt subtitles to work in cineveo?

wildone106
Honored Guest
Not sure and I couldn't change the default audio track too (if it was in spanish I couldnt change it to English)

Anonymous
Not applicable
i don't know if there is a way. if there isn't, i'm sure it will get sorted out, as it is a beta

SteveO9937
Protege
"willste" wrote:
I used CINEVEO briefly with two SBS videos I downloaded in .mkv format. I noticed the frame rate on the video seems choppy even though the head tracking and surrounding environment are all smooth. I am wondering if the frame rate of the video or the format are causing this issue for me.

Anyone have any thoughts on how to fix or improve this?

I'm also seeing this exact same issue, but not with all movies. Seems to happen to the mkv I loaded as well, but AVI's work just fine. I'm going to convert it to AVI and see if that fixes it.

phillymonsterfu
Honored Guest
I ordered it 36 hours ago and STILL have not received the software.

Kzero
Honored Guest
"phillymonsterful" wrote:
I ordered it 36 hours ago and STILL have not received the software.

You need to be patient. He processes orders manually. Did you check to see if maybe you put in the wrong email address? Are you completely sure there wasn't an issue with your payment? Have you tried contacting him first? There's no reason why he would not give you the software, when he's given it to many others. Double check everything on your end, contact him, and try and get it resolved.

rasenmhermann
Honored Guest
You could also try "Whirligig". It's free and a nice app! You can view in 2d, 3d, and also "Curved" (I like it curved)...

OculusRiftRocks
Explorer
Ir their much difference between the CINEVO and VR cinema (assuming VR cinema would be updated with DK2)?

I highly recommend Whirligig - works perfectly.

edit: and it's free.
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3