RiftSketch is based on troffmo5
's excellent OculusStreetView
application. I took his base code and turned it into a live-coding environment.
, and the scene in front of you updates immediately as you code. The application (and the code) is not very polished but I've been sitting on it for so long that I just wanted to put it out there. There is already a long todo list
of changes that I want to make.
The code is up on GitHub
- Set your Rift to 1280x800 (temporary limitation, just haven't gotten around to fixing it)
- Download and run lazydodo's RiftServer application
- Visit http://devbox.brianpeiris.com/riftsketch/#/-IwExJh2Vcac5NUjvIxt for an example, put your browser in fullscreen mode and mess around with the code to see what happens.
- You can minimize the editor to view the scene properly
- Some more examples: http://devbox.brianpeiris.com/riftsketch/#/-IwEEIGx4Cgq8AjMOKr5, http://devbox.brianpeiris.com/riftsketch/#/-IwGze7mQJ6XZNxGquPy
- Visit http://devbox.brianpeiris.com/riftsketch/#/ to create your own sketch from scratch.
- Save your sketch and share it on the forums!
Let me know what you think! (Or if my shoddy code doesn't work at all).