bcoyle
Adventurer
4thFlrStudio_0907_05.jpg

updated, April 10, 2015

4th Floor Studio, (215mb)
[Windows] Dropbox / Mega

- Oculus Rift DK2 compatible
- Updated to Oculus SDK v0.7.0.0

recommended: Check to make sure your virtual eye height matches your actual height. Use a tape measure (from floor to eyes) to find your actual eye height. In the demo once fully loaded, press R to reset the positional tracking. This should reset your height to match what's in the config utility. Now go and peer through the closet door. ! You'll find a measuring stick in Feet & Inches. Each logo marking is 1 foot. While standing and looking forward, see if the virtual measuring stick matches your actual eye height. Now you know that you're experiencing the demo with the correct height.

This is a virtual recreation of my apartment.

Since my career path has been as a 3d artist and renderer, working on archviz, I've had a habit of 3d modeling my apartments. Before I signing the lease, I will measure the space and build the walls in 3d. By doing so, I can quickly visualize if my bed and furniture will actually fit in the space!

The possibilities with this visualization have been taken further with the use of VR. Using the Oculus Rift, you can feel present within the space and are able to observe and decide on changes before the final design is put into action. I can't wait for this to be widely adopted for architecture and interior design, etc.

Let me know if you have any questions, comments, or problems with the demo

Thanks!

4thFlrStudio_0907_03.jpg
ps: http://www.quitenice.co/
46 REPLIES 46

Rirath
Honored Guest
"AxelBernadotte" wrote:
Means that you made some magic with this directtorift-launcher that others have failed to do.

It's possibly down to simply using DX11 by default instead of DX9. Direct mode only works for me if I disable the monitor on my integrated card, AND use -force-dx11 on the direct exe. (Try that with some non-working demos, if you haven't.) But, DX11 judders like crazy for me so I don't use it. This one was juddering from the start, and using -force-dx9 in extended mode fixes that.

So, I'm guessing using DX11 by default here is the unusual bit.

decrypt
Honored Guest
Looks amazing... but I'm getting an absurd amount of Judder when looking back and forth...

R9 280
4GHz quad core Intel i5

bcoyle
Adventurer
"KhenaB" wrote:
Absolutely amazing, no issues here

Did you enable AA, i see a lot of jaggies

4x AA is set for the graphics. I'm not sure if the jaggies are from the demo or the headset resolution

LordJuanlo
Protege
Here's hoping for the update to 0.4.1 SDK, hopefully it will fix my judder problems.
Comunidad española de RV / Spanish VR Community

bcoyle
Adventurer
"LordJuanlo" wrote:
Here's hoping for the update to 0.4.1 SDK, hopefully it will fix my judder problems.

Hey, just did a quick build with v0.4.1, so let me know if that clears things up. Links updated in the original post. Otherwise I might try making multiple builds with and without Time Warp & DX11.

Thanks

ps: I need a better solution in Unity for those mirrors. At least on my machine, they're a huge cause for drop in frame rate

LordJuanlo
Protege
With my DK2 in Direct Mode it still stutters, but much less than before, if feels better. Configuring the Rift in Extended Mode fixed it and now runs perfectly, although low persistence is disabled and I must enable it manually pressing F1. By the way, when pressing spacebar, Unity says it's running at 60 fps, but I feel like it's running at 75, so I'm not sure what's going on. Got the same behaviour with Technolust 0.41 beta.
Comunidad española de RV / Spanish VR Community

roculus99
Protege
Works great for me. I might have had to use force -force-d3d11 in direct mode.

I would love to have a model like this of past apartments I have lived in. The nostalgia would be amazing and emotional. This really shows the amazing future of capturing memories. I can imagine having a capture of my freshmen dorm.

Anonymous
Not applicable
"LordJuanlo" wrote:
With my DK2 in Direct Mode it still stutters, but much less than before, if feels better. Configuring the Rift in Extended Mode fixed it and now runs perfectly, although low persistence is disabled and I must enable it manually pressing F1. By the way, when pressing spacebar, Unity says it's running at 60 fps, but I feel like it's running at 75, so I'm not sure what's going on. Got the same behaviour with Technolust 0.41 beta.

If you press F10 (or was it F11?) twice you should see 75 FPS. I have no idea what it is though.

Domitjen
Adventurer
Looks amazing, but question though, can we move? I just have "loading" in yellow letters floating in your appartement all the time.

edit: nvm, solved it:p

mhvuze
Honored Guest
This is impressive, very very nice work. I will try to walk around in there while standing sometime I guess 😄