cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual Desktop 1.0 - Now available on Steam

guygodin
Protege
Virtual Desktop is a little utility that improves your VR experience on the desktop. By efficiently replicating your desktop into the Rift, the application allows you to see your desktop on a giant virtual screen. You can browse the web, watch movies or even play non-VR games. It also allows you to launch VR games and resume from them without having to take your headset off.

After you launch Virtual Desktop, a tray icon will appear in your taskbar. From there you can manage your list of games, change your settings.

You can also drag & drop executables or shortcuts to add more games to your list.

Requirements
- Windows 8 or 10
- Oculus 1.3 Runtime

Latest Changes
- Added ability to browse 360 photos
- Added mirror to monitor feature

Follow the link below to access the store page
Official website
Virtual Desktop Developer
1,844 REPLIES 1,844

Anonymous
Not applicable
I now tried the latest version, and the headtracking is correct on this one. It works very good!
I have another problem on this new one, that also was in the older. If a launch a demo, my mouse and keyboard events seems to be sent to the desktop at the same time as they have effect in the demo. Usually resulting in the demo ending after a while of klicking.

This happens in Chilling Space, Kon Tiki and The Great Gottlieb.

EDIT: Actually it seems that I can solve all issues with hotkeys that mouse content to next display or moves the mouse to next display.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply, I tried restarting the service and it still doesn't work. I may have forgotten to mention that it can't display the desktop in any mode, when i extend the desktop to the rift the rift does not work, I think this may be an issue bigger then just your app. Thanks anyway.

seggybop
Honored Guest
"guygodin" wrote:
seggybop
Thanks for the help! Are you on windows 7 or 8?

Shigawire
Honored Guest
I just upgraded to Windows 8.1.. I ran Virtual Desktop in Windows 7 previously, with great success.

Now it judders especially bad when I look at the Flat view.. it's a lot better in the Curved view for some reason.
DK2 ordered on March 19, 2014 at 11:03 AM PDT status: RECEIVED

Shpinxis
Protege
I can run everything perfectly, except that the mouse does not appear in the rift. Any way to fix this? I tried various mouse schemes as well and none worked.

hexfury
Honored Guest
Is there a glimmer of a chance this could be ported to Linux to create a composable sphere of virtual displays around the user? Maybe use head tracking to pop out the display the user is currently looking at? I'd really like that for a Dev environment...

guygodin
Protege
"Shpinxis" wrote:
I can run everything perfectly, except that the mouse does not appear in the rift. Any way to fix this? I tried various mouse schemes as well and none worked.

On Win8 the mouse may not render correctly if it uses custom cursors but it should work in the general cases. Are on on win7 or win8?
"hexfury" wrote:
Is there a glimmer of a chance this could be ported to Linux to create a composable sphere of virtual displays around the user? Maybe use head tracking to pop out the display the user is currently looking at? I'd really like that for a Dev environment...

Not a chance no, I'm using specific windows APIs for this and haven't played in Linux for more than 10 years, sorry 😞 Starting from scratch on Linux / X-Window / Mac would be a better idea than trying to port VD for it.

cedrift
Honored Guest
Hi there,

Just passing by for a big thank you !
Don't know if it's my luck, it worked right the first time and it's amazing.
With some movie in full screen it does an excellent job as a dk2 VrCinema !
win8.1 / gtx 750 ti / dk2 / extend mode
No extra tuning needed, just perfect out of the box.
Thanks again for the super and very impressive work !
Cheers
Cedric

aaronwalker27
Honored Guest
Can't launch, have redownloaded and installed multiple times. Getting the following error:

HRESULT: (0x80004002), Module: [General], ApiCode
[E_NOINTERFACE/No such interface supported], Message: No such
interface supported

I'm running windows x86

guygodin
Protege
"aaronwalker27" wrote:
Can't launch, have redownloaded and installed multiple times. Getting the following error:

HRESULT: (0x80004002), Module: [General], ApiCode
[E_NOINTERFACE/No such interface supported], Message: No such
interface supported

I'm running windows x86

You need to install the windows 7 platform update as stated in the requirements.