cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official DK2 Shipping Update (Aug 8th 2014)

cybereality
Grand Champion
Hey everyone,

By the end of this week, we'll have shipped over 16,000 DK2s worldwide.

To those still waiting for your kits to arrive, thank you for your continued patience. We’re doing what we can to get your DK2 to you as quickly as possible.

To those who have already received their kits, we hope you’re enjoying experimenting, building, and creating new VR experiences. A special thank you for everyone’s help testing the latest SDK. We know it’s still rough around the edges, and we’re squashing bugs as quickly as we can. Watch for an update to the SDK in the near future.

Thanks again!

// cybereality
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
2,785 REPLIES 2,785

Breinaaja
Honored Guest
Just received the DK2 package here in Finland.

Just for fun made a google map with UPS departure times and dates where the last entry is receiving DK2.

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=z8SXrVB_s-uo.kA1Np-0zWgdw

petermz
Honored Guest
That's nifty.
come what may time and hour runs through the roughest day

crazychainsaw
Honored Guest
Date: Mar 22, 2014 01:07 PM PDT

Status:PENDING:Your order is pending. Please see the reason(s) below.

Detail(s):
Your order is awaiting inventory before it can be fulfilled. We will notify you when it's about to be shipped.

kinda hope i would make it into the next batch 😐 :roll:

should of ordered from EU and had it shipped to US probably end up being quicker

Lagahan
Explorer
"crazychainsaw" wrote:

should of ordered from EU and had it shipped to US probably end up being quicker

Lol us over in EU will probably get an entire week of US orders confirmed here next week with none of us getting updated 😛
DK1 status: Delivered, DK2 status: Delivered Rigs: CPU: i5 2500k @4.8GHz GPU: R9 290 @1.1GHz RAM: 16GB OS: Windows 7 Pro x64 CPU: i7 4710MQ 3.3GHz GPU: 2x880M 8GB RAM: 8GB OS: Windows 7 Pro x64

littletron
Explorer
Ordered mine
Mar 31, 2014 03:53 PM PDT

😐

would love to get it delivered for the 21st so i can take it to 3k lan :mrgreen:

sbnewsom
Honored Guest
You know, with all the complaints from Eu/UK and Australia...what hasn't there been a US thread? lol We have the largest batch and yet no one has decided to dedicate a thread to US complaints? 😛
-Stuart Bradley Newsom HS-51XXXXX Mar 21, 2014 01:09 AM PDT DELIVERED Portfolio: http://sbnewsom.com Facebook: Click Here

nobby300
Honored Guest
"littletron" wrote:
Ordered mine
Mar 31, 2014 03:53 PM PDT

😐

would love to get it delivered for the 21st so i can take it to 3k lan :mrgreen:

That's my plan too 😄

sbnewsom
Honored Guest
"BlackIce" wrote:
Date : 30 March

To all that complains and whine because such country has been processed 3 days of orders in advance, I would advise to come down and look things from a larger point of view.

For me I am awaiting this moment since 25 years when I was imaginating having virtual world to share with friends. This idea brought me into the IT development to be able to build this future. Now we are there so please stop to act like kids and consider all of you as very lucky to have the chance to put hands on this dream that was science fiction in the 80's.

We are all winners and there is no point to be upset, that's won't bring you the device faster and if I was Oculus, I would move the whinners at the end of the order queue : They just proved, by their lack of maturity, they are spoiled kids that they want it more for gaming rather than developping, perverting the idea of "development kit" release.

I'll be honest, not many folks are complaining anymore now that Australia and EU/UK are getting processed. Just those that purchase a month ago and expect preferred treatment. haha
-Stuart Bradley Newsom HS-51XXXXX Mar 21, 2014 01:09 AM PDT DELIVERED Portfolio: http://sbnewsom.com Facebook: Click Here

Riftology
Honored Guest
"sbnewsom" wrote:
"BlackIce" wrote:
Date : 30 March

To all that complains and whine because such country has been processed 3 days of orders in advance, I would advise to come down and look things from a larger point of view.

For me I am awaiting this moment since 25 years when I was imaginating having virtual world to share with friends. This idea brought me into the IT development to be able to build this future. Now we are there so please stop to act like kids and consider all of you as very lucky to have the chance to put hands on this dream that was science fiction in the 80's.

We are all winners and there is no point to be upset, that's won't bring you the device faster and if I was Oculus, I would move the whinners at the end of the order queue : They just proved, by their lack of maturity, they are spoiled kids that they want it more for gaming rather than developping, perverting the idea of "development kit" release.

I'll be honest, not many folks are complaining anymore now that Australia and EU/UK are getting processed. Just those that purchase a month ago and expect preferred treatment. haha

1am mar 21? Are you in the US? Is so then shit we really are incredibly behind 😞

Anonymous
Not applicable
"sbnewsom" wrote:
You know, with all the complaints from Eu/UK and Australia...what hasn't there been a US thread? lol We have the largest batch and yet no one has decided to dedicate a thread to US complaints? 😛

Because many of us in the US realize that Facebook owns Oculus now and Facebook is not to be trusted... lol. Now really, when FB bought Oculus, many of us feared that Oculus would not care as much as they used to. Our fears are correct.

... Not a peep from Oculus regarding pretty much anything that has to do with fulfillment. No responses. No caring. Just the impression that "if you want the Oculus, you will shut up and wait."

Great way to treat customers. ANY kind of update would be golden, but we have none.