Official DK2 Shipping Update (Aug 8th 2014) - Page 17 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Official DK2 Shipping Update (Aug 8th 2014)

1141517192093

Comments

  • petermzpetermz Posts: 55
    That's nifty.
    come what may time and hour runs through the roughest day
  • Date: Mar 22, 2014 01:07 PM PDT

    Status:PENDING:Your order is pending. Please see the reason(s) below.

    Detail(s):
    Your order is awaiting inventory before it can be fulfilled. We will notify you when it's about to be shipped.


    kinda hope i would make it into the next batch :| :roll:

    should of ordered from EU and had it shipped to US probably end up being quicker
  • LagahanLagahan Posts: 181
    should of ordered from EU and had it shipped to US probably end up being quicker
    Lol us over in EU will probably get an entire week of US orders confirmed here next week with none of us getting updated :P
    DK1 status: Delivered, DK2 status: Delivered
    Rigs:
    CPU: i5 2500k @4.8GHz GPU: R9 290 @1.1GHz RAM: 16GB OS: Windows 7 Pro x64
    CPU: i7 4710MQ 3.3GHz GPU: 2x880M 8GB RAM: 8GB OS: Windows 7 Pro x64
  • littletronlittletron Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    Ordered mine
    Mar 31, 2014 03:53 PM PDT
    Status:PENDING (uk)

    :|

    would love to get it delivered for the 21st so i can take it to 3k lan :mrgreen:
  • sbnewsomsbnewsom Posts: 258
    You know, with all the complaints from Eu/UK and Australia...what hasn't there been a US thread? lol We have the largest batch and yet no one has decided to dedicate a thread to US complaints? :P
    -Stuart Bradley Newsom

    HS-51XXXXX Mar 21, 2014 01:09 AM PDT
    DELIVERED

    Portfolio: http://sbnewsom.com
    Facebook: Click Here
  • nobby300nobby300 Posts: 11
    littletron wrote:
    Ordered mine
    Mar 31, 2014 03:53 PM PDT
    Status:PENDING (uk)

    :|

    would love to get it delivered for the 21st so i can take it to 3k lan :mrgreen:


    That's my plan too :D
  • Date : 30 March
    Location : Switzerland
    Status : Pending

    To all that complains and whine because such country has been processed 3 days of orders in advance, I would advise to come down and look things from a larger point of view.

    For me I am awaiting this moment since 25 years when I was imaginating having virtual world to share with friends. This idea brought me into the IT development to be able to build this future. Now we are there so please stop to act like kids and consider all of you as very lucky to have the chance to put hands on this dream that was science fiction in the 80's.

    We are all winners and there is no point to be upset, that's won't bring you the device faster and if I was Oculus, I would move the whinners at the end of the order queue : They just proved, by their lack of maturity, they are spoiled kids that they want it more for gaming rather than developping, perverting the idea of "development kit" release.
  • sbnewsomsbnewsom Posts: 258
    BlackIce wrote:
    Date : 30 March
    Location : Switzerland
    Status : Pending

    To all that complains and whine because such country has been processed 3 days of orders in advance, I would advise to come down and look things from a larger point of view.

    For me I am awaiting this moment since 25 years when I was imaginating having virtual world to share with friends. This idea brought me into the IT development to be able to build this future. Now we are there so please stop to act like kids and consider all of you as very lucky to have the chance to put hands on this dream that was science fiction in the 80's.

    We are all winners and there is no point to be upset, that's won't bring you the device faster and if I was Oculus, I would move the whinners at the end of the order queue : They just proved, by their lack of maturity, they are spoiled kids that they want it more for gaming rather than developping, perverting the idea of "development kit" release.

    I'll be honest, not many folks are complaining anymore now that Australia and EU/UK are getting processed. Just those that purchase a month ago and expect preferred treatment. haha
    -Stuart Bradley Newsom

    HS-51XXXXX Mar 21, 2014 01:09 AM PDT
    DELIVERED

    Portfolio: http://sbnewsom.com
    Facebook: Click Here
  • RiftologyRiftology Posts: 303
    sbnewsom wrote:
    BlackIce wrote:
    Date : 30 March
    Location : Switzerland
    Status : Pending

    To all that complains and whine because such country has been processed 3 days of orders in advance, I would advise to come down and look things from a larger point of view.

    For me I am awaiting this moment since 25 years when I was imaginating having virtual world to share with friends. This idea brought me into the IT development to be able to build this future. Now we are there so please stop to act like kids and consider all of you as very lucky to have the chance to put hands on this dream that was science fiction in the 80's.

    We are all winners and there is no point to be upset, that's won't bring you the device faster and if I was Oculus, I would move the whinners at the end of the order queue : They just proved, by their lack of maturity, they are spoiled kids that they want it more for gaming rather than developping, perverting the idea of "development kit" release.

    I'll be honest, not many folks are complaining anymore now that Australia and EU/UK are getting processed. Just those that purchase a month ago and expect preferred treatment. haha



    1am mar 21? Are you in the US? Is so then shit we really are incredibly behind :(
  • whackamacwhackamac Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    sbnewsom wrote:
    You know, with all the complaints from Eu/UK and Australia...what hasn't there been a US thread? lol We have the largest batch and yet no one has decided to dedicate a thread to US complaints? :P

    Because many of us in the US realize that Facebook owns Oculus now and Facebook is not to be trusted... lol. Now really, when FB bought Oculus, many of us feared that Oculus would not care as much as they used to. Our fears are correct.

    ... Not a peep from Oculus regarding pretty much anything that has to do with fulfillment. No responses. No caring. Just the impression that "if you want the Oculus, you will shut up and wait."

    Great way to treat customers. ANY kind of update would be golden, but we have none.
  • davidjcdavidjc Posts: 356
    I just sent Oculus support an email, not a word about any of this, not one explanation. Not any idea when they are sending Rifts to Na and if they just intend to keep treating NA customers like this.

    It goes without saying they should not be doing this to NA customers. I am truly disgusted at this point. I did expect more from them. A small disparity was always unavoidable, but shipment after shipment to the same regions where they were already ahead of the rest is unacceptable.
  • erickerick Posts: 125
    Brain Burst
    Not to upset you more, davidjc, but...

    http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/2djd2b/mexico_april_10_1344_pdt_is_now_ready/

    Someone posted that an April 10th order to Mexico has progressed to ready.
  • davidjcdavidjc Posts: 356
    erick wrote:
    Not to upset you more, davidjc, but...

    http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/2djd2b/mexico_april_10_1344_pdt_is_now_ready/

    Someone posted that an April 10th order to Mexico has progressed to ready.

    Yeap....same think like Hong Kong getting shipments from April. I am waiting to see what Oculus responds with in my email.
  • RiftologyRiftology Posts: 303
    8i received this automat response, I didnt even give him my order number so its indeed automated

    Jeremy (Oculus VR Support)
    Aug 13 11:07 AM

    Hello,

    I've reviewed your order and everything is fine. It is currently awaiting inventory.

    As for a ship date, unfortunately, we don't have those details at this time. When we are ready to ship, we will send you an email with the tracking number and you will be able to estimate the delivery date and track your package on the courier website.

    You can also check the status of your order here:

    https://www.oculus.com/sales/

    Sorry I can’t be more specific,

    Jeremy
    Oculus VR Support





    I am too truly disgusted this is the worst customer service I have ever experienced!
  • shinobi777shinobi777 Posts: 110
    Hiro Protagonist
    8 april

    PENDING!

    (ITALY)

    :roll: :evil: :shock: :(
  • petermzpetermz Posts: 55
    geez guys. negative vibes here...relax.
    i can understand those, who payed up front though.
    come what may time and hour runs through the roughest day
  • CactusblahCactusblah Posts: 34
    Brain Burst
    March 21, 5:58 am
    United States
    Status: Pending

    Awesome!
  • JuanlifeJuanlife Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    so... they have taken almost 2 months to send orders of a couple of days....... pfffft
    maybe my order status change in 2015...
  • kyosekikyoseki Posts: 15
    petermz wrote:
    geez guys. negative vibes here...relax.
    i can understand those, who payed up front though.
    Yeah, it's frustrating as all hell, but still nothing like as bad as waiting for news on my Green Card, that was agonizing.

    I'm actually wondering if the NA guys are all up at Siggraph in Vancouver, I'm doubting it though, there'd be no reason for the distribution guys to go up there unless they're pulling double duty in a secondary role.
  • My order was April 14, Sacramento, California. Still pending. FYI.
  • davidjc wrote:
    I just sent Oculus support an email, not a word about any of this, not one explanation. Not any idea when they are sending Rifts to Na and if they just intend to keep treating NA customers like this.

    It goes without saying they should not be doing this to NA customers. I am truly disgusted at this point. I did expect more from them. A small disparity was always unavoidable, but shipment after shipment to the same regions where they were already ahead of the rest is unacceptable.

    Oh, boy. Here we go again. Just for the sake of entertainment, can you please explain how these other regions were "already ahead"? I'm just not getting it. I must be seeing something wrong. From your perspective, what do you think is happening?
  • Ascendor81Ascendor81 Posts: 86
    Brain Burst
    I am March 21, 6pm in Elk Grove, CA - PENDING!!!!!
  • Im 3/21 - 3:30 East Coast (NJ) and I am still pending...I thought for sure it would be a status change this week after Cyber's update.
  • davidjcdavidjc Posts: 356
    davidjc wrote:
    I just sent Oculus support an email, not a word about any of this, not one explanation. Not any idea when they are sending Rifts to Na and if they just intend to keep treating NA customers like this.

    It goes without saying they should not be doing this to NA customers. I am truly disgusted at this point. I did expect more from them. A small disparity was always unavoidable, but shipment after shipment to the same regions where they were already ahead of the rest is unacceptable.

    Oh, boy. Here we go again. Just for the sake of entertainment, can you please explain how these other regions were "already ahead"? I'm just not getting it. I must be seeing something wrong. From your perspective, what do you think is happening?

    Oh boy how about the fact they are 7 days out in other regions. I am not sure how you define ahead, but since you felt the need to quote me I certainly hope you do understand that having shipments going to other regions 7 days or MORE in advance is being ahead.

    I mean seriously do you just deny reality when it does not fit the narrative in your head? Its all here in this thread, its not that far back. We are at may 21 for US orders and May 28th for europe, with some other places arleady into April. But don't let little things like facts get in the way of a discussion, better just to quote someone without anything to back it up.

    And as far as already ahead, we were at march 24th for European orders before this last batch
  • davidjc wrote:
    Oh boy how about the fact they are 7 days out in other regions. I am not sure how you define ahead, but since you felt the need to quote me I certainly hope you do understand that having shipments going to other regions 7 days or MORE in advance is being ahead.

    I mean seriously do you just deny reality when it does not fit the narrative in your head? Its all here in this thread, its not that far back. We are at may 21 for US orders and May 28th for europe, with some other places arleady into April. But don't let little things like facts get in the way of a discussion, better just to quote someone without anything to back it up.

    You are magnificent. I've backed it up 3 times with numbers that you either ignored or didn't understand. I'm not even going to argue with you today. Just stop your rant for 5 seconds and absorb that I'm telling you that what you believe is wrong. Other regions are not ahead (or at least WERE NOT ahead...they might be now, but by design) of NA. You are magnificent and you're wrong. :)
  • grimdargrimdar Posts: 120
    Art3mis
    This is disappointing. My order was March 25, and from what it seems I don't even think it will ship August. I was hoping to convert my DK1 development to DK2 before the new baby is born (due Aug 25), was initially expecting July shipment.

    Development will have to wait quite some time. I wish Oculus would give developers priority kits, almost seems like the circus got their kits first
  • davidjcdavidjc Posts: 356
    davidjc wrote:
    Oh boy how about the fact they are 7 days out in other regions. I am not sure how you define ahead, but since you felt the need to quote me I certainly hope you do understand that having shipments going to other regions 7 days or MORE in advance is being ahead.

    I mean seriously do you just deny reality when it does not fit the narrative in your head? Its all here in this thread, its not that far back. We are at may 21 for US orders and May 28th for europe, with some other places arleady into April. But don't let little things like facts get in the way of a discussion, better just to quote someone without anything to back it up.

    You are magnificent. I've backed it up 3 times with numbers that you either ignored or didn't understand. I'm not even going to argue with you today. Just stop your rant for 5 seconds and absorb that I'm telling you that what you believe is wrong. Other regions are not ahead (or at least WERE NOT ahead...they might be now, but by design) of NA. You are magnificent and you're wrong. :)

    Of course you are not going to argue today, because you have nothing to argue about. You are just trolling posters here. Europe was ahead before this last batch went out, albeit the gap was not so wide. And at this point few were upset, but when a region is already ahead and you continue to send rifts there and no batches to other regions there is a issue.

    Seeing as we have zero communication from Oculus, we can ony speculate why this is happening. But the fact is Europe was ahead before this bacth went out, and now is so far ahead we would be better served to order from Europe and ship it back to ourselves.

    This is ridiculous, I am sick of waiting just like anyone else. I'll wait my turn...fine, I can see that there is now ay to garantee 100% that everyone will get theirs in order by the day they ordered. However when they already had one region ahead.....(funny this is never the other way around)...and yet they send more to that region, I am sorry that is about where I draw the line.

    They need to ship to NA (and AUS) until these regions are at the very least caught up in the que.
  • KzeroKzero Posts: 158
    davidjc wrote:
    Oh boy how about the fact they are 7 days out in other regions. I am not sure how you define ahead, but since you felt the need to quote me I certainly hope you do understand that having shipments going to other regions 7 days or MORE in advance is being ahead.

    I mean seriously do you just deny reality when it does not fit the narrative in your head? Its all here in this thread, its not that far back. We are at may 21 for US orders and May 28th for europe, with some other places arleady into April. But don't let little things like facts get in the way of a discussion, better just to quote someone without anything to back it up.

    You are magnificent. I've backed it up 3 times with numbers that you either ignored or didn't understand. I'm not even going to argue with you today. Just stop your rant for 5 seconds and absorb that I'm telling you that what you believe is wrong. Other regions are not ahead (or at least WERE NOT ahead...they might be now, but by design) of NA. You are magnificent and you're wrong. :)

    What he means is that OVR had already shipped units to EU up to a date (not sure on numbers, so i'll just say March 26th, while US orders are still at March 19th). When this batch went out, he was expecting some to be shipped to the US to catch up to that March 26th date, but instead they shipped even more to EU. Essentially, making EU ahead.

    That's what he's saying, lol.
    3Tzfztf.gif
  • coindropcoindrop Posts: 21
    What is this? Some sort of bizarre north Korean mass hysteria..

    When I bought my rift it said "EXPECTED" delivery in August.. I am not sure if it said the same for July but my guess is that it did. Seems like a fairly large amount of people in here are forgetting about this initial statement when they bought the devkit.

    And then there are people complaining about some regions being one week ahead of others -not sure whether to laugh or cry at this extremely childish behavior. Seriously, get a grip.

    article-2085636-0F390FDF00000578-562_634x301.jpg
  • HiCZoKHiCZoK Posts: 230
    Art3mis
    I bought it on 10th may and it said august too... With last 8th update, I think it would be possible with ~5k/week but now I don't think so :(
    I am disapointed
Sign In or Register to comment.