cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official DK2 Shipping Update (Aug 8th 2014)

cybereality
Grand Champion
Hey everyone,

By the end of this week, we'll have shipped over 16,000 DK2s worldwide.

To those still waiting for your kits to arrive, thank you for your continued patience. We’re doing what we can to get your DK2 to you as quickly as possible.

To those who have already received their kits, we hope you’re enjoying experimenting, building, and creating new VR experiences. A special thank you for everyone’s help testing the latest SDK. We know it’s still rough around the edges, and we’re squashing bugs as quickly as we can. Watch for an update to the SDK in the near future.

Thanks again!

// cybereality
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
2,785 REPLIES 2,785

n8rockerasu
Protege
"davidjc" wrote:
I just sent Oculus support an email, not a word about any of this, not one explanation. Not any idea when they are sending Rifts to Na and if they just intend to keep treating NA customers like this.

It goes without saying they should not be doing this to NA customers. I am truly disgusted at this point. I did expect more from them. A small disparity was always unavoidable, but shipment after shipment to the same regions where they were already ahead of the rest is unacceptable.

Oh, boy. Here we go again. Just for the sake of entertainment, can you please explain how these other regions were "already ahead"? I'm just not getting it. I must be seeing something wrong. From your perspective, what do you think is happening?

Ascendor81
Honored Guest
I am March 21, 6pm in Elk Grove, CA - PENDING!!!!!

njbengals85
Honored Guest
Im 3/21 - 3:30 East Coast (NJ) and I am still pending...I thought for sure it would be a status change this week after Cyber's update.

davidjc
Honored Guest
"n8rockerasu" wrote:
"davidjc" wrote:
I just sent Oculus support an email, not a word about any of this, not one explanation. Not any idea when they are sending Rifts to Na and if they just intend to keep treating NA customers like this.

It goes without saying they should not be doing this to NA customers. I am truly disgusted at this point. I did expect more from them. A small disparity was always unavoidable, but shipment after shipment to the same regions where they were already ahead of the rest is unacceptable.

Oh, boy. Here we go again. Just for the sake of entertainment, can you please explain how these other regions were "already ahead"? I'm just not getting it. I must be seeing something wrong. From your perspective, what do you think is happening?

Oh boy how about the fact they are 7 days out in other regions. I am not sure how you define ahead, but since you felt the need to quote me I certainly hope you do understand that having shipments going to other regions 7 days or MORE in advance is being ahead.

I mean seriously do you just deny reality when it does not fit the narrative in your head? Its all here in this thread, its not that far back. We are at may 21 for US orders and May 28th for europe, with some other places arleady into April. But don't let little things like facts get in the way of a discussion, better just to quote someone without anything to back it up.

And as far as already ahead, we were at march 24th for European orders before this last batch

n8rockerasu
Protege
"davidjc" wrote:
Oh boy how about the fact they are 7 days out in other regions. I am not sure how you define ahead, but since you felt the need to quote me I certainly hope you do understand that having shipments going to other regions 7 days or MORE in advance is being ahead.

I mean seriously do you just deny reality when it does not fit the narrative in your head? Its all here in this thread, its not that far back. We are at may 21 for US orders and May 28th for europe, with some other places arleady into April. But don't let little things like facts get in the way of a discussion, better just to quote someone without anything to back it up.

You are magnificent. I've backed it up 3 times with numbers that you either ignored or didn't understand. I'm not even going to argue with you today. Just stop your rant for 5 seconds and absorb that I'm telling you that what you believe is wrong. Other regions are not ahead (or at least WERE NOT ahead...they might be now, but by design) of NA. You are magnificent and you're wrong. 🙂

grimdar
Expert Protege
This is disappointing. My order was March 25, and from what it seems I don't even think it will ship August. I was hoping to convert my DK1 development to DK2 before the new baby is born (due Aug 25), was initially expecting July shipment.

Development will have to wait quite some time. I wish Oculus would give developers priority kits, almost seems like the circus got their kits first

davidjc
Honored Guest
"n8rockerasu" wrote:
"davidjc" wrote:

You are magnificent. I've backed it up 3 times with numbers that you either ignored or didn't understand. I'm not even going to argue with you today. Just stop your rant for 5 seconds and absorb that I'm telling you that what you believe is wrong. Other regions are not ahead (or at least WERE NOT ahead...they might be now, but by design) of NA. You are magnificent and you're wrong. 🙂

Of course you are not going to argue today, because you have nothing to argue about. You are just trolling posters here. Europe was ahead before this last batch went out, albeit the gap was not so wide. And at this point few were upset, but when a region is already ahead and you continue to send rifts there and no batches to other regions there is a issue.

Seeing as we have zero communication from Oculus, we can ony speculate why this is happening. But the fact is Europe was ahead before this bacth went out, and now is so far ahead we would be better served to order from Europe and ship it back to ourselves.

This is ridiculous, I am sick of waiting just like anyone else. I'll wait my turn...fine, I can see that there is now ay to garantee 100% that everyone will get theirs in order by the day they ordered. However when they already had one region ahead.....(funny this is never the other way around)...and yet they send more to that region, I am sorry that is about where I draw the line.

They need to ship to NA (and AUS) until these regions are at the very least caught up in the que.

Kzero
Honored Guest
"n8rockerasu" wrote:
"davidjc" wrote:

What he means is that OVR had already shipped units to EU up to a date (not sure on numbers, so i'll just say March 26th, while US orders are still at March 19th). When this batch went out, he was expecting some to be shipped to the US to catch up to that March 26th date, but instead they shipped even more to EU. Essentially, making EU ahead.

That's what he's saying, lol.

coindrop
Honored Guest
What is this? Some sort of bizarre north Korean mass hysteria..

When I bought my rift it said "EXPECTED" delivery in August.. I am not sure if it said the same for July but my guess is that it did. Seems like a fairly large amount of people in here are forgetting about this initial statement when they bought the devkit.

And then there are people complaining about some regions being one week ahead of others -not sure whether to laugh or cry at this extremely childish behavior. Seriously, get a grip.

HiCZoK
Protege
I bought it on 10th may and it said august too... With last 8th update, I think it would be possible with ~5k/week but now I don't think so 😞
I am disapointed