cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to watch 3d movies?

wildone106
Honored Guest
I downloaded 'VR Cinema' app and when I load a movie into it, its showing the split screen side by side inside the virtual theater whilst looking thru the Oculus, so obviously it doesnt work or..what am I doing wrong? Is there a better way to just watch a 3d movie with the Rift?
70 REPLIES 70

natzVR
Honored Guest
planning on getting cinevideo when I get my DK2...I hope by the end of the month...but having second thoughts because of bad comments/reputation about the dev...and the app itself...it might not actually work as I imagined it... is there any other VR player like cinevideo? with themes.. 🙂

grodenglaive
Honored Guest
cinevideo works great without needing to fuss around with it. I would like it if you could zoom in more though, the screen is about 80% of your field of view. I guess that was done for the theater experience, but I'd like the option to fill my entire view.

I tried Oculus Video Player, but couldn't get it to play a video - just got a garbled screen. https://developer.oculusvr.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=711#p6911
GA-Z97X-gaming gt; i5-4670k; Nvidia780Ti; 16GB PC3-17066; win7-64 bit; DK2

Roaster
Rising Star
I haven't gotten my dk2 yet to try it, but there is this viewtopic.php?f=28&t=12659
i7-5820K @ 4.2Ghz, water cooled, Asus X99-Pro USB 3.1, 48 Gb DDR4 2400, Samsung 950 pro M.2 SSD, GTX 980 Ti SC, 750w psu

RirtualVeality
Adventurer
"Roaster" wrote:
I haven't gotten my dk2 yet to try it, but there is this viewtopic.php?f=28&t=12659

Wow....I just bought this and the 3D is leaps and bounds better in Direct Mode. The screen is nice and big and can be sized to whatever you want. The playback IS very smooth with the occasional "judder" on some 3D movie files. The IMAX movie Hubble 3D is VERY impressive in MAX VR. This was worth every penny for me. I blow $8 at the 7-11 on the way to work... 8-)

JeDi
Honored Guest
Is there a 3d movie solution for the mac already? Or does anyone know whether one of the existing apps are planning mac support?

Anonymous
Not applicable
how do you get mkv file working on cineveo?

superkev72
Honored Guest
I agree with some others here that MaxVR is the most 'hassle free' player out there. The guy also has been updating it once or twice a week. Works with almost all movies I've thrown at it so far. I tried riftmax and whirligig before and this player is far easier. Not free though but if I recall I think I paid $8 for it. Worth every penny.

xiit
Honored Guest
Hi, I'm total noob with Rift, will get my DK2 after couple days now.. I was wondering that does Virtual Cinema work with DK 2 with normal movies, I mean without 3D (SBS)..

Killian
Honored Guest
I'm on a Mac and I would suggest trying LiveViewRift. It is not perfect but probably the best solution especially if you got a Mac to view 3D materials. I use it also to view my Poppy3D pictures and videos since I can control convergence inside the program. It's also free. It gets updated quite frequently too.

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=11001#p145277

EdnaAnn
Honored Guest
You need to select the 3D SBS option for movie watching, here is the steps I have tried:

http://www.ifastime.com/watch-3d-movie- ... html#part2