cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official DK2 Shipping Update (Aug 8th 2014)

cybereality
Grand Champion
Hey everyone,

By the end of this week, we'll have shipped over 16,000 DK2s worldwide.

To those still waiting for your kits to arrive, thank you for your continued patience. We’re doing what we can to get your DK2 to you as quickly as possible.

To those who have already received their kits, we hope you’re enjoying experimenting, building, and creating new VR experiences. A special thank you for everyone’s help testing the latest SDK. We know it’s still rough around the edges, and we’re squashing bugs as quickly as we can. Watch for an update to the SDK in the near future.

Thanks again!

// cybereality
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
2,785 REPLIES 2,785

GoldenRetroGames
Heroic Explorer
"deaglecrazy" wrote:
Expected delivery date is tomorrow! Sooo excited 😄

Canada, Ontario

Same here! Are you also showing a clearance delay though? Last time that happened to me, the package was stuck in customs for 48 hours.

EDIT:

I just realized that Oculus probably gave FedEx a huge shipment of units and they're likely coming through customs as a single shipment. They won't release one at a time and need to clear the shipment as a whole. If this is the case, there's not actually any hold up and the shipment should be cleared by the end of the day for delivery tomorrow in nearby areas.

Zoomie
Expert Trustee
"goldenegg" wrote:
EDIT:
I just realized that Oculus probably gave FedEx a huge shipment of units and they're likely coming through customs as a single shipment. They won't release one at a time and need to clear the shipment as a whole. If this is the case, there's not actually any hold up and the shipment should be cleared by the end of the day for delivery tomorrow in nearby areas.

You mean UPS Worldwide Expedited right?
Oculus (Cyber) said they were being shipped via UPS, not FedEx.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. - Arthur C Clarke

illypso
Honored Guest
got my shipping notification from oculus and its with FEDEX too
estimate delivery for tomorrow

will there be more charge at the door, thats the question
is is the first time with fedex for oculus order ?

quebec, canada preorder in march

Zoomie
Expert Trustee
Okay, thanks. This means they've switched shipping method to Canada?
Interesting.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. - Arthur C Clarke

GoldenRetroGames
Heroic Explorer
"Zoomie" wrote:

Oculus shipped via UPS, not FedEx.

Mine's coming FedEx International Economy.

"illypso" wrote:

Yes, there will be a charge. In Ontario, it will be $49.64 (HST) + $11.30 (FedEx Service Charge). If I remember correctly, any FedEx service other than Ground will be charged on delivery. Ground shipments are billed in the mail 4 - 6 weeks after delivery. This isn't a ground service, so expect to pay right away.

varmess
Honored Guest
Order ID: BT-1XXXXXXX

Date: Mar 21, 2014 03:27 PM PDT

Status:PENDING:Your order is pending. Please see the reason(s) below.

Detail(s): Your order is awaiting inventory before it can be fulfilled. We will notify you when it's about to be shipped.

Subtotal: $ 350.00
Shipping: $ 120.00
Fees, Duties & Taxes: $ 0.00
Total: $ 470.00

Tahiti french polynesia

I should have ordered in July it would be the same

what they expect to ship, in my area we are two person have pre-ordered

HHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

deaglecrazy
Honored Guest
"goldenegg" wrote:
"deaglecrazy" wrote:
Expected delivery date is tomorrow! Sooo excited 😄

Canada, Ontario

Same here! Are you also showing a clearance delay though? Last time that happened to me, the package was stuck in customs for 48 hours.

EDIT:

Ya that clearance delay scared me at first lol but right now it shows it started in Ontario CA and is now in Ontario CA, lets just hope the second CA stands for Canada 😛 I honestly cannot wait :D:D
DK2: Delivered CPU: Intel i7 950 @ 3.07GHz GPU: GeForce GTX 680 2GB RAM: 24GB OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

GoldenRetroGames
Heroic Explorer
"deaglecrazy" wrote:
Ya that clearance delay scared me at first lol but right now it shows it started in Ontario CA and is now in Ontario CA, lets just hope the second CA stands for Canada 😛 I honestly cannot wait :D:D

My tracking shows it's in Mississauga, ON (which is 10min away from me).

deaglecrazy
Honored Guest
"goldenegg" wrote:
"deaglecrazy" wrote:

My tracking shows it's in Mississauga, ON (which is 10min away from me).

The last activity for mine is "Left FedEx origin facility" and above that says "In transit". I'm on the East side of Toronto so a bit further away than yourself 😛
DK2: Delivered CPU: Intel i7 950 @ 3.07GHz GPU: GeForce GTX 680 2GB RAM: 24GB OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

epengr
Honored Guest
"goldenegg" wrote:
"Zoomie" wrote:

Oculus shipped via UPS, not FedEx.

Mine's coming FedEx International Economy.

"illypso" wrote:

Yes, there will be a charge. In Ontario, it will be $49.64 (HST) + $11.30 (FedEx Service Charge). If I remember correctly, any FedEx service other than Ground will be charged on delivery. Ground shipments are billed in the mail 4 - 6 weeks after delivery. This isn't a ground service, so expect to pay right away.

Really? Us Canadians already paid $55 for shipping, Oculus can use whomever they please, but we've paid up front and there should be no charge at the door. I'm actually thrilled to hear this. UPS is horrible, especially for cross-border shipments. They can sometimes clear customs a little faster, but the last time I shipped through UPS I received a bill three weeks later for $70 in "brokerage" fees, on top of the $30 I paid to ship a $150 item. I honestly don't know how they can get away with sneaking in an extra charge like that, but they do. I was a little worried about a $350 item coming via UPS if it wasn't from a Canadian distribution center.