Official DK2 Shipping Update (Aug 8th 2014) - Page 32 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Official DK2 Shipping Update (Aug 8th 2014)

1293032343593

Comments

  • Expected delivery date is tomorrow! Sooo excited :D

    Canada, Ontario
    DK2: Delivered
    CPU: Intel i7 950 @ 3.07GHz GPU: GeForce GTX 680 2GB RAM: 24GB
    OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
  • goldenegggoldenegg Posts: 546
    Trinity
    Expected delivery date is tomorrow! Sooo excited :D

    Canada, Ontario

    Same here! Are you also showing a clearance delay though? Last time that happened to me, the package was stuck in customs for 48 hours.

    EDIT:

    I just realized that Oculus probably gave FedEx a huge shipment of units and they're likely coming through customs as a single shipment. They won't release one at a time and need to clear the shipment as a whole. If this is the case, there's not actually any hold up and the shipment should be cleared by the end of the day for delivery tomorrow in nearby areas.
  • ZoomieZoomie Posts: 1,777 Valuable Player
    edited August 2014
    goldenegg wrote:
    EDIT:
    I just realized that Oculus probably gave FedEx a huge shipment of units and they're likely coming through customs as a single shipment. They won't release one at a time and need to clear the shipment as a whole. If this is the case, there's not actually any hold up and the shipment should be cleared by the end of the day for delivery tomorrow in nearby areas.

    You mean UPS Worldwide Expedited right?
    Oculus (Cyber) said they were being shipped via UPS, not FedEx.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C Clarke
  • illypsoillypso Posts: 4
    got my shipping notification from oculus and its with FEDEX too
    estimate delivery for tomorrow

    will there be more charge at the door, thats the question
    is is the first time with fedex for oculus order ?

    quebec, canada preorder in march
  • ZoomieZoomie Posts: 1,777 Valuable Player
    Okay, thanks. This means they've switched shipping method to Canada?
    Interesting.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C Clarke
  • goldenegggoldenegg Posts: 546
    Trinity
    Zoomie wrote:
    You mean UPS Worldwide Expedited right?
    Oculus shipped via UPS, not FedEx.

    Mine's coming FedEx International Economy.
    illypso wrote:
    will there be more charge at the door, thats the question
    is is the first time with fedex for oculus order ?

    Yes, there will be a charge. In Ontario, it will be $49.64 (HST) + $11.30 (FedEx Service Charge). If I remember correctly, any FedEx service other than Ground will be charged on delivery. Ground shipments are billed in the mail 4 - 6 weeks after delivery. This isn't a ground service, so expect to pay right away.
  • varmessvarmess Posts: 20
    Order ID: BT-1XXXXXXX

    Date: Mar 21, 2014 03:27 PM PDT

    Status:PENDING:Your order is pending. Please see the reason(s) below.

    Detail(s): Your order is awaiting inventory before it can be fulfilled. We will notify you when it's about to be shipped.

    Subtotal: $ 350.00
    Shipping: $ 120.00
    Fees, Duties & Taxes: $ 0.00
    Total: $ 470.00


    Tahiti french polynesia

    I should have ordered in July it would be the same

    what they expect to ship, in my area we are two person have pre-ordered

    HHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

    :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
  • goldenegg wrote:
    Expected delivery date is tomorrow! Sooo excited :D

    Canada, Ontario

    Same here! Are you also showing a clearance delay though? Last time that happened to me, the package was stuck in customs for 48 hours.

    EDIT:

    I just realized that Oculus probably gave FedEx a huge shipment of units and they're likely coming through customs as a single shipment. They won't release one at a time and need to clear the shipment as a whole. If this is the case, there's not actually any hold up and the shipment should be cleared by the end of the day for delivery tomorrow in nearby areas.
    Ya that clearance delay scared me at first lol but right now it shows it started in Ontario CA and is now in Ontario CA, lets just hope the second CA stands for Canada :P I honestly cannot wait :D:D
    DK2: Delivered
    CPU: Intel i7 950 @ 3.07GHz GPU: GeForce GTX 680 2GB RAM: 24GB
    OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
  • goldenegggoldenegg Posts: 546
    Trinity
    Ya that clearance delay scared me at first lol but right now it shows it started in Ontario CA and is now in Ontario CA, lets just hope the second CA stands for Canada :P I honestly cannot wait :D:D

    My tracking shows it's in Mississauga, ON (which is 10min away from me).
  • goldenegg wrote:
    Ya that clearance delay scared me at first lol but right now it shows it started in Ontario CA and is now in Ontario CA, lets just hope the second CA stands for Canada :P I honestly cannot wait :D:D

    My tracking shows it's in Mississauga, ON (which is 10min away from me).
    The last activity for mine is "Left FedEx origin facility" and above that says "In transit". I'm on the East side of Toronto so a bit further away than yourself :P
    DK2: Delivered
    CPU: Intel i7 950 @ 3.07GHz GPU: GeForce GTX 680 2GB RAM: 24GB
    OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
  • epengrepengr Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    goldenegg wrote:
    Zoomie wrote:
    You mean UPS Worldwide Expedited right?
    Oculus shipped via UPS, not FedEx.

    Mine's coming FedEx International Economy.
    illypso wrote:
    will there be more charge at the door, thats the question
    is is the first time with fedex for oculus order ?

    Yes, there will be a charge. In Ontario, it will be $49.64 (HST) + $11.30 (FedEx Service Charge). If I remember correctly, any FedEx service other than Ground will be charged on delivery. Ground shipments are billed in the mail 4 - 6 weeks after delivery. This isn't a ground service, so expect to pay right away.

    Really? Us Canadians already paid $55 for shipping, Oculus can use whomever they please, but we've paid up front and there should be no charge at the door. I'm actually thrilled to hear this. UPS is horrible, especially for cross-border shipments. They can sometimes clear customs a little faster, but the last time I shipped through UPS I received a bill three weeks later for $70 in "brokerage" fees, on top of the $30 I paid to ship a $150 item. I honestly don't know how they can get away with sneaking in an extra charge like that, but they do. I was a little worried about a $350 item coming via UPS if it wasn't from a Canadian distribution center.
  • goldenegggoldenegg Posts: 546
    Trinity
    epengr wrote:
    but we've paid up front and there should be no charge at the door.

    That's not how international shipping works. You're always responsible for paying taxes, but there are exceptions for lower cost items.

    UPS brokerage charges are definitely ridiculous, although they can be avoided if the shipper uses their own broker, uses expedited shipping or the receiver clears the package themselves (it's not that difficult).
  • ZoomieZoomie Posts: 1,777 Valuable Player
    I dealt with this in a previous thread.

    Shipping costs will not typically include GST/PST/HST. That's charged by CBSA, not the shipping company.

    UPS is awful if you use UPS standard. We would have paid about $55 in additional fees in addition to taxes.
    With UPS Worldwide Express - which is what Oculus used for the first few batches - the fee is only $10.00.
    It sounds like FedEx also charges a $10 fee for international brokerage so essentially there's no difference between them.

    It comes to $11.50 with tax.

    TL;DR FedEx costs us the same as UPS Worldwide Expedited
    I'm just surprised Oculus changed shipping method after the first 2-3 batches.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C Clarke
  • KingK76KingK76 Posts: 257
    Art3mis
    tschief wrote:
    KingK76 wrote:
    shinobi777 wrote:
    nevermore say the raven! nevermore buy the product from oculus team vr! :evil:

    Hey man... I ordered March 23rd and I just moved to Ready. They screwed up my payment (they thought I paid and then thought I didn't pay and then realized they made a mistake and now know once again that yes, I paid) so i should have already received my Rift. Your order date has barely even come up yet and you're complaining? Why don't you check in with the Aussies and then maybe then you will realize you don't have it that bad.

    He keeps doing this since the start of July :mrgreen: I dont think he will ever stop complaining that someone mysteriously got his shipment notice before him.

    Wow... I guess some people will never be reasonable. You would think that he would at least realize that he is coming off in a way that will make it so no one wants to deal with him on these boards going forward. And I certainly wasn't one of the people calling others "whiners" for complaining about the delay vs. Nate Mitchell saying 30000 "should" ship in July. I still feel that wasn't right... but this guy here is just bringing it to another level.
  • Apparently mine went from Mississauga ON to Indianapolis IN wtf :S
    DK2: Delivered
    CPU: Intel i7 950 @ 3.07GHz GPU: GeForce GTX 680 2GB RAM: 24GB
    OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
  • goldenegggoldenegg Posts: 546
    Trinity
    Apparently mine went from Mississauga ON to Indianapolis IN wtf :S

    Mine too. What it means is that the customs clearance was sent in advance of the items arriving. This is done to speed up shipping once they arrive in Canada.

    EDIT:

    This actually makes a lot more sense than the original tracking, since FedEx does not have a international shipping depot in Ontario, CA.
  • epengrepengr Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    goldenegg wrote:
    epengr wrote:
    but we've paid up front and there should be no charge at the door.

    That's not how international shipping works. You're always responsible for paying taxes, but there are exceptions for lower cost items.

    No, yeah, you're right of course. I misunderstood the OPs question and thought he was asking if he'd have to pay the shipping cost (like COD) at the door now, because it wasn't UPS.
  • epengrepengr Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    Zoomie wrote:
    I dealt with this in a previous thread.

    Shipping costs will not typically include GST/PST/HST. That's charged by CBSA, not the shipping company.

    UPS is awful if you use UPS standard. We would have paid about $55 in additional fees in addition to taxes.
    With UPS Worldwide Express - which is what Oculus used for the first few batches - the fee is only $10.00.
    It sounds like FedEx also charges a $10 fee for international brokerage so essentially there's no difference between them.

    It comes to $11.50 with tax.

    TL;DR FedEx costs us the same as UPS Worldwide Expedited
    I'm just surprised Oculus changed shipping method after the first 2-3 batches.

    Good to know, if I'm faced with UPS shipping again and can avoid standard, I may be able to sleep a little easier as I wait ;)
  • vwraceguyvwraceguy Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    epengr wrote:
    Zoomie wrote:
    I dealt with this in a previous thread.

    Shipping costs will not typically include GST/PST/HST. That's charged by CBSA, not the shipping company.

    UPS is awful if you use UPS standard. We would have paid about $55 in additional fees in addition to taxes.
    With UPS Worldwide Express - which is what Oculus used for the first few batches - the fee is only $10.00.
    It sounds like FedEx also charges a $10 fee for international brokerage so essentially there's no difference between them.

    It comes to $11.50 with tax.

    TL;DR FedEx costs us the same as UPS Worldwide Expedited
    I'm just surprised Oculus changed shipping method after the first 2-3 batches.

    Good to know, if I'm faced with UPS shipping again and can avoid standard, I may be able to sleep a little easier as I wait ;)

    It's strange that others in Ontario are getting FedEx or UPS, and mine appears to be shipping USPS (through Canada Post)
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    vwraceguy wrote:
    It's strange that others in Ontario are getting FedEx or UPS, and mine appears to be shipping USPS (through Canada Post)
    We ship by USPS for remote areas or PO boxes.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • It shipping yea!!!
    Order date 2 April 2014
    Estimated arrive Friday,
    Got to get the grey matter working.
  • FrankmasterFrankmaster Posts: 17
    NerveGear
    Is Italy forgotten by Oculus VR? :(

    P.S: 9 April..
  • erickerick Posts: 125
    Brain Burst
    Is Italy forgotten by Oculus VR? :(

    P.S: 9 April..

    I ordered more than two weeks before you on March 24th. Mine was just shipped out yesterday evening. I think it's a little premature to say you were forgotten.
  • FrankmasterFrankmaster Posts: 17
    NerveGear
    erick wrote:

    I ordered more than two weeks before you on March 24th. Mine was just shipped out yesterday evening. I think it's a little premature to say you were forgotten.

    Obviously I'm joking, but waiting is extremly hard indeed ;)
  • erick wrote:

    I ordered more than two weeks before you on March 24th. Mine was just shipped out yesterday evening. I think it's a little premature to say you were forgotten.

    Obviously I'm joking, but waiting is extremly hard indeed ;)

    I ordered 17th April. I have been more forgotten.


    JKs :)
  • RiftologyRiftology Posts: 303
    giphy.gif


    2 days till its on my doorstep! Its longest few days ever
  • April 7, Sweden. Finally "ready" :D
  • April 17th. US. READY.

    Yahoo!!!
  • Ordered April 16.
    Status Ready. There is a light at the end of the tunnel!

    Michigan, USA.
  • ZephyxZephyx Posts: 29
    edited August 2014
    Woot!!

    Order ID: BK-157XXXX

    Date: Apr 18, 2014 12:00 PM PDT

    Status:READY:We've successfully processed the payment and information for your order. It will be shipped as soon as the items are available in stock.

    Sooo worth the hair loss and anxiety meds! Which I may or may not have been on prior to order placement xD

    **EDIT** Just went to Processing, I WILL NEVER SLEEP NOW.

    Okay, burned off the fanboy squeals, sorry everyone xD

    **EDIT #2** Changed to Shipped this morning 8/21, delivery for Tues 8/26
Sign In or Register to comment.