cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jeep Trek VR v0.1

sephirenn
Honored Guest
Hello,

I've taken my first foray into Unity development and I'm here to share the results. My ultimate goal is to make a couple dark rides (like Splash Mountain or those old Haunted Houses at carnivals), but I had to start somewhere, and Jeep Trek is it! I apologize for the lack of quality, but this is only my first shot!

The Story

You are on the roof of a jeep. No need to worry, because the driver is taking it nice and slow! All you need to worry about is looking around at the scenery. One loop only takes a minute or so, so have a nice ride and you'll be done in no time!

Controls:

No controls, just look around!

Images

Releases

PC BUILD: http://www.melissaandrich.com/images/JT/JeepTrekVRv0.1.zip

And finally, please let me know if you find any bugs, or if I'm missing some things that every Unity Oculus game should have. Thanks!
9 REPLIES 9

sephirenn
Honored Guest
My sad, sad game is too lame for comments, lol

cybereality
Grand Champion
Cool, I must have missed this one.

Not bad for your first try at Unity.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

OZi
Honored Guest
just tried it out. there's definitely a place for these types of VR rides/tours through landscape.

felt exceptionally smooth and responsive head-tracking which was what stood out straight away compared to the other 200+ demos I've tested.

nice work sephirenn, keep it up 🙂

Morrownale
Honored Guest
I assume this does not work with the DK2 yet. But I really would like to test it 😛

Nightauditor
Explorer
Oh, I assumed this was for DK2, if it is DK1 compatible, I´ll try tonight.

Although my DK2 is already shipping, and supposedly arrives here tomorrow! I can´t wait.

Maybe DK2 support is something to think about.

Welby
Adventurer
I'm not sure this is not DK 2 supported.

I think that he have used the 0.3.2 SDK that currently support the DK 2 but without positional tracking.

I suggest you to update this demo to the 0.4.1 for a full DK 2 support.

sephirenn
Honored Guest
Wait are you guys serious!? I made this just as a basic demo to try to learn Unity. It is nothing special and really quite short. But if you want me to convert it I should be able to do that rather easily in the next couple days. I will post a new download once I update it.

As a previous commenter mentioned, my goal with VR would be to create similar experiences to this, not to make actual games. I'll leave that to the advanced developers. I'm working on a new experience now but unfortunately my noob skills show through a little too much.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good job for a first try and good luck for next builds !

OZi
Honored Guest
maybe i confused people with my comment about it standing out compared to the 200+ demos I've tried. I was referring to the smoothness of the head-tracking. A lot of demos I try will sit at 120fps but will not be as comfortable as this demo. Not sure what causes that difference.

Though I did enjoy the simple experience and wanted to give some feedback to a budding developer 🙂 All the best with what you are working on now