cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Device Attached

swlu
Explorer
Have been trying to troubleshoot for the last few hours and am coming up empty. Finally got the firmware to update but when I open the Config it still says "No Device Attached". Orange light is on, and blue light on camera flashes quickly when I plug that in. I'm on Windows 7 64bit. When I switch to extended it does show up in the Rift. So it seems the computer is seeing the Rift and camera, but the Config isn't. I've already tried most of the basics....different USB ports, no USB hubs connected, replugging everything, reinstalling runtime... Ideas??

EDIT: Camera now working! Strangely, original powered USB hub did the trick. Still "No Device Attached" in Config, but full positional tracking working in SDK 0.3 compiled demos.

EDIT 2: Here is a list of all working 0.3 demos with full positional tracking even if u have "NDA". Also, your device should show up in the 0.3.2 ConfigUtility as a DK2.

Couch Knights
DCS World (u may encounter known AMD 'black screen')
Elite Dangerous
Millenium Falcon Experience
Radial G (no positional in v1.2)
Rift Park
Technolust Beta
Tuscany from SDK 0.3.2
VR Chat
World Of Diving
357 REPLIES 357

zmk
Honored Guest
Hi folks,

I also experienced the "no device attached" and in my case the following maneuver worked out:

Shutdown the Oculus App in the Taskbar
Navigate too C:\Program Files (x86)\Oculus\Service
Run OVRService_x86.exe
Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Oculus\Tools
Run OculusConfigUtil.exe

In my case the Oculus service did not automatically stated with my computer.

bojevnik
Honored Guest
"Vortex" wrote:
Alright, i found a solution to my problem. I have no Idea if this applies to everyone with the "No Device Atttached" error message but in my case it appears to be a faulty HDMI port.

I noticed, that my dk2 works if I press on the hdmi cable in a certain way. So by wedging a chunk of paper between the DK2 and the HDMI cable like this: http://puu.sh/ayDB1/d31d88a893.jpg it works perfectly for me.

Now I have to decide if I am going to send my DK2 back to Oculus and get it replaced (wich would be a hassle, since i live in germany and sending it all the way to california would not only be expensive but would also cause me trouble with customs) or if I am just going to live with the workaround.

Yep, this worked!

sisyphe
Honored Guest
Actually the "No device attached" can happen for many reasons, it's the consequence of the device not being correctly recognized by the OS.

I've been reading the forums a lot lately and here are a few reasons this can happen :

• Problem with the HDMI cable

• Problem with the USB ports being USB3

• Problem with the USB port not providing enough power

• Problem with the CPU not supporting SSE4.1 - should be solved with SDK 0.4.1

The problem with the unit needing RMA is a bit nastier. It's an issue related to the calibration of the HMD and the Tracker. One or more of the LEDs in the HMD seems to be incorrectly recognized by the tracker. So even if it seems that the unit is working correctly (with Elite for example, or with the modified runtime driver) the positional tracking is not functioning as it should. In my case it seems to work flawlessly, but I'll trust Oculus engineers in that it need replacement anyway.

To know if your issue is this one, you need to go in the Windows event viewer and check if you have an error message like :
[HMDTrackingModel] Incorrect LED 19 position version: 1. Make sure that the bundle adjustment has been performed correctly.
Error: [HMD] WARNING: setupHMD failed.

If that is the case, your unit is not correclty paired with your tracker, and even if it seems it's working as it should, it's not totally the case and it needs replacement.

As a side note : I've been finally contacted by the support. They have been very kind and understanding of the problem and seems to be doing eveyrthing they can to solve the issue in the best possible way (typically : sending a new unit before I sent back the faulty one, which is pretty nice).

Gypsy816
Expert Protege
Thank you for sharing! Hope this helps people solve their issues. 🙂
Oculus Community Manager - kweh!

IlKildeer
Honored Guest
Hello everyone,

yesterday I got my rift and had the same problem.
After trying all suggested solutions I tried to install it on my living room PC, and bingo, there it works.
So back to my main PC, after looking for the issue for another hour I found my problem.

I looked through all USB generic hubs and USB root hubs in the device manager, trying to find the one with the DK2 attached.
Once found I looked in the common tab for the universal host controller, for me this was 3A3A. I uninstalled the host controller and rebooted.

And now everthing is working.

s0meguy61
Honored Guest
I've had the same problem ever since I got mine nearly a week ago, tried everything in this thread but have never seen a blue light on mine using my pc.. However, my brother ordered one as well and that came a couple of days ago. He was up and running in 15 mins so I took mine to his house plugged it in to his pc and it worked!

He is running an alienware laptop (not sure of the specs) using Winows 8.1. I was running windows 7 so I thought it must be software, rushed out bought 8.1 installed on my pc and same problem "no device attached"

It isn't broken but won't work on my pc regardless of OS.. Have no idea where to go from here.
'

vrnz
Honored Guest
I had the bundle adjustment error and contacted support a couple of weeks ago (#46448). I was told a new one would be shipped out as well.

Since then I have heard nothing, no tracking info, no update to actually say its on its way.

Does anyone have experience of how long it takes to actually get the replacement? Getting rather desperate for information here!

Thanks.

cybereality
Grand Champion
@s0meguy61: You can try unplugging unnecessary USB devices, or switching USB ports. You can also try using a USB hub.

@vrnz: Replacements will be prioritized over regular orders, but will still need to wait for the next batch in the region. There is not a set amount of time it will take, but likely not more than a few weeks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

vrnz
Honored Guest
"cybereality" wrote:

@vrnz: Replacements will be prioritized over regular orders, but will still need to wait for the next batch in the region. There is not a set amount of time it will take, but likely not more than a few weeks.

Thanks for the info!
I believe a batch has just arrived in the country so here's hoping.. now the question of whether customs will try to charge me another $110 tax 😞

s0meguy61
Honored Guest
@cyberreality

Thanks Cyber.. Tried all that, no luck