cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Device Attached

swlu
Explorer
Have been trying to troubleshoot for the last few hours and am coming up empty. Finally got the firmware to update but when I open the Config it still says "No Device Attached". Orange light is on, and blue light on camera flashes quickly when I plug that in. I'm on Windows 7 64bit. When I switch to extended it does show up in the Rift. So it seems the computer is seeing the Rift and camera, but the Config isn't. I've already tried most of the basics....different USB ports, no USB hubs connected, replugging everything, reinstalling runtime... Ideas??

EDIT: Camera now working! Strangely, original powered USB hub did the trick. Still "No Device Attached" in Config, but full positional tracking working in SDK 0.3 compiled demos.

EDIT 2: Here is a list of all working 0.3 demos with full positional tracking even if u have "NDA". Also, your device should show up in the 0.3.2 ConfigUtility as a DK2.

Couch Knights
DCS World (u may encounter known AMD 'black screen')
Elite Dangerous
Millenium Falcon Experience
Radial G (no positional in v1.2)
Rift Park
Technolust Beta
Tuscany from SDK 0.3.2
VR Chat
World Of Diving
357 REPLIES 357

s0meguy61
Honored Guest
Not sure if there's anything to it but if I run dxdiag without runtime installed it shows with both the camera and DK2 (although no power to the headset).When I install runtime the run dxdiag again the reference to both is missing.

Note in both cases the camera still shows up in device manger.

suihanki
Honored Guest
Hi there!

Just got my DK2 this week - trying to get it working with Windows 7 and experiencing the orange light / no device attached issue.

I'm fairly certain I can rule out any service related issues (the services are running and I have restarted them numerous times).

What seems strange to me is that every time I connect the USB cable - Windows installs a "Generic USB Hub" driver. No matter how many times I seem to uninstall/restart/reinstall the Oculus runtime/drivers, I just get that same Generic USB Hub driver showing up. Don't see the "DK2" device showing up anywhere in device manager.

I tested with a Mac - I was able to get it connected temporarily (long enough to confirm the firmware has been updated to the latest - 2.11 I believe).

suihanki
Honored Guest
"suihanki" wrote:
Hi there!

Just got my DK2 this week - trying to get it working with Windows 7 and experiencing the orange light / no device attached issue.

I'm fairly certain I can rule out any service related issues (the services are running and I have restarted them numerous times).

What seems strange to me is that every time I connect the USB cable - Windows installs a "Generic USB Hub" driver. No matter how many times I seem to uninstall/restart/reinstall the Oculus runtime/drivers, I just get that same Generic USB Hub driver showing up. Don't see the "DK2" device showing up anywhere in device manager.

I tested with a Mac - I was able to get it connected temporarily (long enough to confirm the firmware has been updated to the latest - 2.11 I believe).

Update - I did not mention that I'm using a laptop with GTX M series GPU, and saw elsewhere that:

"Mobile configurations are not supported at the moment. We're working on it."

Hopefully that will be resolved soon!

Aegresco
Honored Guest
I have this issue as well. Got my DK2 in the mail yesterday and after extracting the sdk and then installing the runtime, I am never able to detect the DK2 within the Config Util. It's just the grayed out picture and the message "No Device Attached."

I have tried nearly all the solutions listed in this thread and still I am unable to move past the orange light. I have never seen the screen inside the HMD come on, and I have never seen the tracker camera light up. I checked my windows event logs and I'm seeing errors that are sourced to Oculus, but I'm not getting the message about a "bundling error." My message says something like "cannot display on detected HMD device."

I have tried new usb and hdmi cables, and that doesn't work. In windows "screen resolution," I am never able to detect the HMD as a second monitor. I completely wiped my pc's hard drive and ran a clean installation of Windows 8.1, but that didn't change anything. Still just get a grayed out image and the "No Device Attached" message.

I just got in a brand new Alienware laptop, and I've seen where other people have not been able to get the DK2 detected on the PC, but oddly enough it worked on an Alienware laptop. I will try this out and see if I am similarly lucky. If that doesn't work, I guess I will have to submit a support ticket and wait to hear back like everyone else. I'm completely running out of ideas as to what it could be. Bought a powered usb 2.0 hub and that didn't help anything, either.

Here are my PC system specs:

Core i7-2600k
GTX 780
8gb ram
Asus P67 Sabertooth motherboard

josephthewhite
Honored Guest
Same problem here
i got the software installed no problem on 2 pcs one running i7 2.2 chip and nvidia 560 and one running i5 and a ati card not sure the model both did the same thing which is,

the blue light on the cam turns on for 1/4 of a sec then nothing the drivers look like they are full installed, i cant make anything work with Direct HMD Access from app turned on, Extend desktop to the HMD does work in the Win_OculusUnityDemoScene_DirectToRift but i get no head movement from the rift i have to use the mouse and keyboard.

[img=http://s30.postimg.org/o4oqcbmxp/rift.jpg]

jsdeprey
Explorer
Are you getting any errors in the windows event application log?

floydfreak
Honored Guest
@s0meguy61, suihanki, josepththewhite & anybody that might be interested.

I've been posting some of my findings (similar problems to you guys) in response to another thread ..
I don't know if it will help anyone here (I sure hope so) but here's the link to that thread:

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=13585

josephthewhite
Honored Guest
i found this info and now im working

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=11208

I found (made) a workaround for this problem. I took apart the Oculus VR service in IDA and patched out the check that fails to cause this error message. I didn't try to figure out what it's actually looking for or why the check fails, since after patching it out my DK2 works just fine -- positional tracking included.

Here's the patched OVRService binary that removes that check which I have been using successfully:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/84k0fkk4ckvt2df/OVRService_x86_patched.zip

To use it, either stop the normal OVRService and run this EXE, or replace OVRService_x86.exe and OVRService_x64.exe (located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Oculus\Service) with the patched one in this zip and restart the service. The supplied EXE is 32 bit only, but it seems to work just fine on my 64 bit machine as a replacement for the 64 bit service.

The usual disclaimers apply: no warranty expressed or implied.

sjursen
Honored Guest
"cybereality" wrote:
Hey guys,

If you are getting the following error:

Make sure that the bundle adjustment has been performed correctly.

it's not something that can be fixed on your end. I would suggest contacting Oculus support and letting them know that you are experiencing the "bundle adjustment" issue. In these cases, we should be able to provide replacement hardware. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Bummer. Recieved the DK2 with the bundle adjustment error. Contacted Oculus a week ago through mail with detailed info. Got a generic 7-question survey the next day about hardware config. Haven't heard any more since. Guess Oculus have their hands full atm.. 😞

brushbill
Honored Guest
Hi people,

I also have this problem of (Waiting cammera) and non installing driver. Anyway It works fin in the Extended mode though camera light never turn on 🙂