cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What the hell!

KelvinNZ
Honored Guest
This just isn't fair, i'm sorry, but Oculus what the hell is going on with the ordering system. Damn it, this really is frustrating.

http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/2ese2p/received_shipping_notice_and_i_didnt_purchase/
115 REPLIES 115

bostromnz
Honored Guest
"mdk" wrote:
"KelvinNZ" wrote:
2) Don't see your point, I'm mentioning it now. Doesn't change the fact that we still have a communication problem.

If you make an half ass first post that doesn't really explain your point very well people might criticize you, because they are getting the wrong idea. That is the point. Your first post makes you look like an entitled brat. Correcting yourself in later posts is fine, but you should at least admit that your first post was poorly constructed. Or you might even consider editing that first post.

"entitled" seems to be the buzz word at the moment. Let me say that I'm entitled to say that your posts make you sound like a pedantic twat.

EDIT(in case you'd like a link to reference):https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twat
Corsair 760T - RoG Ranger VII - i7 4790K - EVGA GTX 780 ACX - 16Gb Vengeance Pro - DK2

mdk
Honored Guest
"bostromnz" wrote:
entitled" seems to be the buzz word at the moment. Let me say that I'm entitled to say that your posts make you sound like a pedantic twat.

Can you be a bit more specific. I'm criticizing the person who made this thread and giving examples. You are just calling me a pedantic twat.

So tell me why is it wrong for me to point out that a thread supposedly about communication problems should have some mention of communication problems in the first post?

def1
Explorer
"Gygax" wrote:
"def1" wrote:
there maybe no conspiracy by oculus but the communication vacuum in which they have left their CUSTOMERS creates the environment that breeds them

of course theres no conspiracy.. its just been a grand fuckup for some of us

these guys are mostly technical magicians and not necessarily logistics and business experts
Im pretty sure the wait will be worth it..

yes sorry should of worded that better cant even stand the expression really but could think of no other way of saying that the lack of information( or info that doesn't make sense based on whats reported but the guys here or on reddit and what Oculus say) leads to speculation as to whats really happened if i was to take a wild stab in the dark i would say production has not met the expected levels and some area has had to suck up the shortfall(personal opinion have no facts to base this on apart from what i have read)

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have read this in another thread about someone who was ordering in march and was not getting his device.
He found a way how to get it faster with contacting the support. Here is his tip:

Some guys have luck with this some not. Maybe you try it.

1. Record your voice during crying why your DK2 is not shipped yet.
2. Contact support and send them the crying-audio.
3. Wait.

Many many many many people get their DK2 a lot faster with this trick. Believe me!

mta
Honored Guest
"KelvinNZ" wrote:
"mta" wrote:
I got mine a week ago even though I ordered a month after you. When you first put it on it is the most amazing experience I have ever had in my life.

You will soon forget about all the delays and lack of communication when you are lost in the world of VR.

Maybe, but it hasn't happened yet so hardly means much to me right at this moment but thanks for trying to lift the spirits or perhaps a sarcastic remark, hard to tell when one's enotions are on the boil.

Yes it's a similar strong emotive feeling in VR like then driving through the wastelands of half life 2, I just get lost in the world.

That's it! I've been tryiing to describe the feeling. It's like...it's a place, locations in HL2 exist in my mind, not just in a computer game. I've BEEN there.

mdk
Honored Guest
"lumbabumba" wrote:
I have read this in another thread about someone who was ordering in march and was not getting his device.
He found a way how to get it faster with contacting the support. Here is his tip:

3. Wait.

Many many many many people get their DK2 a lot faster with this trick. Believe me!

It might just be a coincidence and they were about to send it anyway regardless of the crying. 😄

Contacting support in general might be a good strategy however. Last time I had a question I just sent a private message to Cybereality and Gypsy816. Both answered the question in under 24 hours. Making threads about issues is fine, but it doesn't guarantee they will get spotted. I don't know if the mods will answer shipping questions via PM:s, but it doesn't' hurt to try.

Snakes
Honored Guest
"mdk" wrote:
"lumbabumba" wrote:

3. Wait.

It might just be a coincidence and they were about to send it anyway regardless of the crying. 😄

Contacting support in general might be a good strategy however. Last time I had a question I just sent a private message to Cybereality and Gypsy816. Both answered the question in under 24 hours. Making threads about issues is fine, but it doesn't guarantee they will get spotted. I don't know if the mods will answer shipping questions via PM:s, but it doesn't' hurt to try.

I'm quite sure the original author and the quoter were being sarcastic 🙂

saviornt
Protege
I'm thinking that all of these people whining should develop a product, gain world-wide recognition of said physical product, and try to go through the entire logistical chain themselves before complaining on some forums.

My guess is that the people whining are, not to be taken too harshly please, insignificant in the broad scheme of things (ie: Not true developers, maybe someone wanting to try development out, myself for example). More than likely, anyone worth a grain of salt would have said, "Maybe I should call Oculus, even if it would be international, and find out more information.. as this is impeding our development resources." like any normal development studio (major or indie) would.

To the OP, perhaps you should read a few books on retail / people strategy. I recommend the book, "How to win friends and influence people". Great book imo, and a must read for anyone wishing to interact with other people to further their own ambitions.
Current WIPs using Unreal Engine 4: Agrona - Tales of an Era: Medieval Fantasy MORPG

KelvinNZ
Honored Guest
"mdk" wrote:
"KelvinNZ" wrote:
2) Don't see your point, I'm mentioning it now. Doesn't change the fact that we still have a communication problem.

If you make an half ass first post that doesn't really explain your point very well people might criticize you, because they are getting the wrong idea. That is the point. Your first post makes you look like an entitled brat. Correcting yourself in later posts is fine, but you should at least admit that your first post was poorly constructed. Or you might even consider editing that first post.

Nope I have no desire to alter my first post. People can read the dialogue.

I think you should leave now. Your name calling is unwelcome.

KelvinNZ
Honored Guest
"saviornt" wrote:
I'm thinking that all of these people whining should develop a product, gain world-wide recognition of said physical product, and try to go through the entire logistical chain themselves before complaining on some forums.

My guess is that the people whining are, not to be taken too harshly please, insignificant in the broad scheme of things (ie: Not true developers, maybe someone wanting to try development out, myself for example). More than likely, anyone worth a grain of salt would have said, "Maybe I should call Oculus, even if it would be international, and find out more information.. as this is impeding our development resources." like any normal development studio (major or indie) would.

To the OP, perhaps you should read a few books on retail / people strategy. I recommend the book, "How to win friends and influence people". Great book imo, and a must read for anyone wishing to interact with other people to further their own ambitions.

Thanks but this isnt about upskilling me this is about shipping issues and poor communication.

Im not making fun or being abusive here so as a paying customer I am entitled to voice my frustration about ongoing communication issues. I have no control of this so rely on Oculus to inform.

Also I don't care for trying to influence people im not running for presidency.

I must add, I really feel for those people who are still waiting for theirs, since ordering in March.
As I said this thread is for people like me who are becoming more frustrated with the poor communication about the painful shipping process. I don't speak for everyone but many feel the frustration, even developers, some just don't voice their concern. I am because that's the way I roll.