What the hell! - Page 2 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

What the hell!

24

Comments

  • mdkmdk Posts: 356
    bostromnz wrote:
    entitled" seems to be the buzz word at the moment. Let me say that I'm entitled to say that your posts make you sound like a pedantic twat.

    Can you be a bit more specific. I'm criticizing the person who made this thread and giving examples. You are just calling me a pedantic twat.

    So tell me why is it wrong for me to point out that a thread supposedly about communication problems should have some mention of communication problems in the first post?
  • def1def1 Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    Gygax wrote:
    def1 wrote:
    there maybe no conspiracy by oculus but the communication vacuum in which they have left their CUSTOMERS creates the environment that breeds them

    of course theres no conspiracy.. its just been a grand fuckup for some of us

    these guys are mostly technical magicians and not necessarily logistics and business experts
    Im pretty sure the wait will be worth it..

    yes sorry should of worded that better cant even stand the expression really but could think of no other way of saying that the lack of information( or info that doesn't make sense based on whats reported but the guys here or on reddit and what Oculus say) leads to speculation as to whats really happened if i was to take a wild stab in the dark i would say production has not met the expected levels and some area has had to suck up the shortfall(personal opinion have no facts to base this on apart from what i have read)
  • lumbabumbalumbabumba Posts: 137
    Hiro Protagonist
    I have read this in another thread about someone who was ordering in march and was not getting his device.
    He found a way how to get it faster with contacting the support. Here is his tip:
    Some guys have luck with this some not. Maybe you try it.

    1. Record your voice during crying why your DK2 is not shipped yet.
    2. Contact support and send them the crying-audio.
    3. Wait.

    Many many many many people get their DK2 a lot faster with this trick. Believe me!
  • mtamta Posts: 317
    edited August 2014
    KelvinNZ wrote:
    mta wrote:
    I got mine a week ago even though I ordered a month after you. When you first put it on it is the most amazing experience I have ever had in my life.

    You will soon forget about all the delays and lack of communication when you are lost in the world of VR.

    Maybe, but it hasn't happened yet so hardly means much to me right at this moment but thanks for trying to lift the spirits or perhaps a sarcastic remark, hard to tell when one's enotions are on the boil.

    Yes it's a similar strong emotive feeling in VR like then driving through the wastelands of half life 2, I just get lost in the world.

    That's it! I've been tryiing to describe the feeling. It's like...it's a place, locations in HL2 exist in my mind, not just in a computer game. I've BEEN there.
  • mdkmdk Posts: 356
    lumbabumba wrote:
    I have read this in another thread about someone who was ordering in march and was not getting his device.
    He found a way how to get it faster with contacting the support. Here is his tip:
    Some guys have luck with this some not. Maybe you try it.

    1. Record your voice during crying why your DK2 is not shipped yet.
    2. Contact support and send them the crying-audio.
    3. Wait.

    Many many many many people get their DK2 a lot faster with this trick. Believe me!

    It might just be a coincidence and they were about to send it anyway regardless of the crying. :D

    Contacting support in general might be a good strategy however. Last time I had a question I just sent a private message to Cybereality and Gypsy816. Both answered the question in under 24 hours. Making threads about issues is fine, but it doesn't guarantee they will get spotted. I don't know if the mods will answer shipping questions via PM:s, but it doesn't' hurt to try.
  • SnakesSnakes Posts: 44
    Brain Burst
    mdk wrote:
    lumbabumba wrote:
    I have read this in another thread about someone who was ordering in march and was not getting his device.
    He found a way how to get it faster with contacting the support. Here is his tip:
    Some guys have luck with this some not. Maybe you try it.

    1. Record your voice during crying why your DK2 is not shipped yet.
    2. Contact support and send them the crying-audio.
    3. Wait.

    Many many many many people get their DK2 a lot faster with this trick. Believe me!

    It might just be a coincidence and they were about to send it anyway regardless of the crying. :D

    Contacting support in general might be a good strategy however. Last time I had a question I just sent a private message to Cybereality and Gypsy816. Both answered the question in under 24 hours. Making threads about issues is fine, but it doesn't guarantee they will get spotted. I don't know if the mods will answer shipping questions via PM:s, but it doesn't' hurt to try.

    I'm quite sure the original author and the quoter were being sarcastic :)
  • saviorntsaviornt Posts: 1,951
    NerveGear
    I'm thinking that all of these people whining should develop a product, gain world-wide recognition of said physical product, and try to go through the entire logistical chain themselves before complaining on some forums.

    My guess is that the people whining are, not to be taken too harshly please, insignificant in the broad scheme of things (ie: Not true developers, maybe someone wanting to try development out, myself for example). More than likely, anyone worth a grain of salt would have said, "Maybe I should call Oculus, even if it would be international, and find out more information.. as this is impeding our development resources." like any normal development studio (major or indie) would.

    To the OP, perhaps you should read a few books on retail / people strategy. I recommend the book, "How to win friends and influence people". Great book imo, and a must read for anyone wishing to interact with other people to further their own ambitions.
    Current WIPs using Unreal Engine 4:
    Agrona - Tales of an Era: Medieval Fantasy MORPG
  • KelvinNZKelvinNZ Posts: 188
    mdk wrote:
    KelvinNZ wrote:
    2) Don't see your point, I'm mentioning it now. Doesn't change the fact that we still have a communication problem.

    If you make an half ass first post that doesn't really explain your point very well people might criticize you, because they are getting the wrong idea. That is the point. Your first post makes you look like an entitled brat. Correcting yourself in later posts is fine, but you should at least admit that your first post was poorly constructed. Or you might even consider editing that first post.

    Nope I have no desire to alter my first post. People can read the dialogue.

    I think you should leave now. Your name calling is unwelcome.
  • KelvinNZKelvinNZ Posts: 188
    saviornt wrote:
    I'm thinking that all of these people whining should develop a product, gain world-wide recognition of said physical product, and try to go through the entire logistical chain themselves before complaining on some forums.

    My guess is that the people whining are, not to be taken too harshly please, insignificant in the broad scheme of things (ie: Not true developers, maybe someone wanting to try development out, myself for example). More than likely, anyone worth a grain of salt would have said, "Maybe I should call Oculus, even if it would be international, and find out more information.. as this is impeding our development resources." like any normal development studio (major or indie) would.

    To the OP, perhaps you should read a few books on retail / people strategy. I recommend the book, "How to win friends and influence people". Great book imo, and a must read for anyone wishing to interact with other people to further their own ambitions.

    Thanks but this isnt about upskilling me this is about shipping issues and poor communication.

    Im not making fun or being abusive here so as a paying customer I am entitled to voice my frustration about ongoing communication issues. I have no control of this so rely on Oculus to inform.

    Also I don't care for trying to influence people im not running for presidency.

    I must add, I really feel for those people who are still waiting for theirs, since ordering in March.
    As I said this thread is for people like me who are becoming more frustrated with the poor communication about the painful shipping process. I don't speak for everyone but many feel the frustration, even developers, some just don't voice their concern. I am because that's the way I roll.
  • mdkmdk Posts: 356
    Just out of curiosity KelvinNZ have you tried sending a private message to either of the forum community managers? They usually respond to those.
  • KelvinNZKelvinNZ Posts: 188
    mdk wrote:
    Just out of curiosity KelvinNZ have you tried sending a private message to either of the forum community managers? They usually respond to those.

    I have emailed Oculus expressing my concerns. I would like to see a public response here as it isn't just about me.
  • erickerick Posts: 125
    Brain Burst
    KelvinNZ, are you saying you ordered on May 18th?

    I ordered on March 24th and mine arrived less than a week ago. Before I received a shipping notification, there were people in Europe that ordered three weeks after me that were already shipping. I wasn't complaining.

    To put it in perspective, you ordered 8 weeks after me and you're already complaining that it hasn't shipped less than a week after mine arrived. Don't you think it's a little early to be so worked up?
  • KelvinNZKelvinNZ Posts: 188
    Actually, I suppose the fact that you only just received yours and you ordered in March is a shipping faux pas, don't you think?

    @%#$.

    If the problems are uncontrollable and their are legitimate delays, then, fine, but if we are not told what they are, people are going to get frustrated and snotty, all that could be avoidable by simple updates. Oculus sent a team over to China to oversee the shipping, to me there is a problem with what they know and what information we are (not) getting.

    I work in an industry that, if you drop the ball with communication, you can get eaten alive, so I expect to see the same courtesy my customers would expect from me. I really hate repeating myself as it seems this is what is trending in my posts.

    If you have your rift, or, if you have nothing constructive to say (not just you, anyone) in here and only want to add fuel to the fire then please don't, if you have a partner and married when she is angry would you go tipping fuel on that fire, no, it's really no different as it still just creates more frustration. Before people come here and tells me/others to stop griping and get over it, don't post.
  • ThreeEyesThreeEyes Posts: 2,230
    NerveGear
    double_facepalm.jpg
    But... but... but... I just NEED to know about the Baba! The Baba has me hypmotized! :shock:
  • ZoomieZoomie Posts: 1,777 Valuable Player
    This is why Oculus will stockpile the CV rather than shipping "as soon as available" like they have with the DK's.
    Threads exactly like this.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C Clarke
  • bostromnzbostromnz Posts: 117
    Brain Burst
    Zoomie wrote:
    This is why Oculus will stockpile the CV rather than shipping "as soon as available" like they have with the DK's.
    Threads exactly like this.
    It's not threads like this that will make them think twice (in-fact I don't even know if anyone at OVR looks at this forum), it's the fact that they fail at shipping and don't keep their customers informed.

    This thread is just a symptom.
    Corsair 760T - RoG Ranger VII - i7 4790K - EVGA GTX 780 ACX - 16Gb Vengeance Pro - DK2
  • bostromnzbostromnz Posts: 117
    Brain Burst
    For those that haven't seen it over at Reddit.

    Does anyone honestly believe, looking at the table below, that customers from AUS/NZ shouldn't expect an explanation on what's going on?

    Latest fulfilled orders: (Special thanks to /u/Ametcalfe74)
    USA - 7th June
    UK - 29th May
    AUS - 26th March
    CAN - 29th May
    GER - 15th April
    SA - 10th April
    NZ - 23rd March

    http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/2erzf8/rift_dk2_shipping_thread_28th_august_2014/
    Corsair 760T - RoG Ranger VII - i7 4790K - EVGA GTX 780 ACX - 16Gb Vengeance Pro - DK2
  • KelvinNZKelvinNZ Posts: 188
    Yep, exactly, a symptom.
  • KelvinNZKelvinNZ Posts: 188
    Zoomie wrote:
    This is why Oculus will stockpile the CV rather than shipping "as soon as available" like they have with the DK's.
    Threads exactly like this.

    Good! I hope they do so we don't have the problem coming back.
  • ThreeEyesThreeEyes Posts: 2,230
    NerveGear
    KelvinNZ wrote:
    Good! I hope they do so we don't have the problem coming back.

    And had they stockpiled, nobody would have their DK2s yet. Maybe not even for another month or two, or possibly even more.

    And then, everyone would have them all at once (sometime in October or November...) and there would be tons of threads all about the same things - why doesn't this work? Why isn't there any software? What is wrong with the SDK? What about the runtime?

    Because nobody would have run interference on various demos, software, issues, etc.

    Yeah, stockpiling is the answer to everything!

    As Palmer said in the Gamescon interview with Nate, it doesn't matter what they do, people will bitch.
    But... but... but... I just NEED to know about the Baba! The Baba has me hypmotized! :shock:
  • Phil2003Phil2003 Posts: 176
    Brain Burst
    Its quite easy. Wait, or dont. If youre not happy about how long you have to wait, or how bad you think the communication of Oculus is, etc., you can tell it everyone who wants to hear it. But chances are bad, that this will change something.

    Wait, or cancel your preorder... everything else is just a waste of time and energy.
  • bostromnzbostromnz Posts: 117
    Brain Burst
    bostromnz wrote:
    For those that haven't seen it over at Reddit.

    Does anyone honestly believe, looking at the table below, that customers from AUS/NZ shouldn't expect an explanation on what's going on?

    Latest fulfilled orders: (Special thanks to /u/Ametcalfe74)
    USA - 7th June
    UK - 29th May
    AUS - 26th March
    CAN - 29th May
    GER - 15th April
    SA - 10th April
    NZ - 23rd March

    http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/2erzf8/rift_dk2_shipping_thread_28th_august_2014/
    I see everyone is quiet when presented with the facts of the situation...
    Corsair 760T - RoG Ranger VII - i7 4790K - EVGA GTX 780 ACX - 16Gb Vengeance Pro - DK2
  • bongodriverbongodriver Posts: 156
    Hiro Protagonist
    I think the Aussies and Kiwis should shut up, they don't deserve the right to complain for living in such beautiful countries, they are in danger of taking all the whingeing credit from us Poms.
  • bostromnzbostromnz Posts: 117
    Brain Burst
    I think the Aussies and Kiwis should shut up, they don't deserve the right to complain for living in such beautiful countries, they are in danger of taking all the whingeing credit from us Poms.
    That's true, who needs VR when you live in paradise...
    Corsair 760T - RoG Ranger VII - i7 4790K - EVGA GTX 780 ACX - 16Gb Vengeance Pro - DK2
  • KelvinNZKelvinNZ Posts: 188
    ThreeEyes wrote:
    KelvinNZ wrote:
    Good! I hope they do so we don't have the problem coming back.

    And had they stockpiled, nobody would have their DK2s yet. Maybe not even for another month or two, or possibly even more.

    And then, everyone would have them all at once (sometime in October or November...) and there would be tons of threads all about the same things - why doesn't this work? Why isn't there any software? What is wrong with the SDK? What about the runtime?

    Because nobody would have run interference on various demos, software, issues, etc.

    Yeah, stockpiling is the answer to everything!

    As Palmer said in the Gamescon interview with Nate, it doesn't matter what they do, people will bitch.

    Well those of us who are frustrated im sure are all keen to see a better shipping process. Period.
  • ThreeEyesThreeEyes Posts: 2,230
    NerveGear
    bostromnz wrote:
    I see everyone is quiet when presented with the facts of the situation...

    It's too bad that Australia and New Zealand are lagging behind, But there are realities on how these things ship out. I have no clue if this will be the case, but when your orders do kick in, it could be you zoom way ahead. The thing is it's not worth getting upset over and all that these kinds of threads do is work people up - including the ones that make all this silliness possible.

    Go look at the Gamescon interview with Palmer and Nate. I don't know if it was just how tired he was or not, but when the interviewer was asking him about shipping complaints, Palmer looked pretty exasperated when he said it didn't matter what they did, that people would bitch.

    Is that really how we want to come off and the impression we want to leave? I know it's like a broken record, but we are getting these at cost. We get the benefits of a VR dream team working for us for only the cost of the hardware itself.

    The only way this could be better is if they were giving the DK2 away for free or subsidizing them somehow. And yet people complain.

    I know it sucks not to have your DK2s and to see all the videos of others with theirs, etc. To see the reviews and read the discussions, but the fact is that had you guys ordered yours sooner, you might have them already. No matter how you slice it, part of the problem lies with you.

    But bitching and "presenting evidence" to try to whip people into a frenzy doesn't change anything and won't change anything. You will get your DK2s. Why be known for behaving like this on the boards when you do?
    But... but... but... I just NEED to know about the Baba! The Baba has me hypmotized! :shock:
  • ZoomieZoomie Posts: 1,777 Valuable Player
    bostromnz wrote:
    bostromnz wrote:
    For those that haven't seen it over at Reddit.

    Does anyone honestly believe, looking at the table below, that customers from AUS/NZ shouldn't expect an explanation on what's going on?

    Latest fulfilled orders: (Special thanks to /u/Ametcalfe74)
    USA - 7th June
    UK - 29th May
    AUS - 26th March
    CAN - 29th May
    GER - 15th April
    SA - 10th April
    NZ - 23rd March

    http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/2erzf8/rift_dk2_shipping_thread_28th_august_2014/
    I see everyone is quiet when presented with the facts of the situation...

    For future reference US/CAN are the same distribution center - Ontario California. It's like having separate entries for New York and Ohio. Based on the list I'd suggest AUS/NZ are one distribution center as well. It does looks like they're one or two shipments behind. There must be some shipping issue, or a low number of orders in April that will be caught-up with the May/June batch. Or a conspiracy.
    ThreeEyes wrote:
    And had they stockpiled, nobody would have their DK2s yet. Maybe not even for another month or two, or possibly even more.
    This.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C Clarke
  • bostromnzbostromnz Posts: 117
    Brain Burst
    ThreeEyes wrote:
    bostromnz wrote:
    I see everyone is quiet when presented with the facts of the situation...

    It's too bad that Australia and New Zealand are lagging behind, But there are realities on how these things ship out. I have no clue if this will be the case, but when your orders do kick in, it could be you zoom way ahead. The thing is it's not worth getting upset over and all that these kinds of threads do is work people up - including the ones that make all this silliness possible.

    Go look at the Gamescon interview with Palmer and Nate. I don't know if it was just how tired he was or not, but when the interviewer was asking him about shipping complaints, Palmer looked pretty exasperated when he said it didn't matter what they did, that people would bitch.

    Is that really how we want to come off and the impression we want to leave? I know it's like a broken record, but we are getting these at cost. We get the benefits of a VR dream team working for us for only the cost of the hardware itself.

    The only way this could be better is if they were giving the DK2 away for free or subsidizing them somehow. And yet people complain.

    I know it sucks not to have your DK2s and to see all the videos of others with theirs, etc. To see the reviews and read the discussions, but the fact is that had you guys ordered yours sooner, you might have them already. No matter how you slice it, part of the problem lies with you.

    But bitching and "presenting evidence" to try to whip people into a frenzy doesn't change anything and won't change anything. You will get your DK2s. Why be known for behaving like this on the boards when you do?
    I can't find a single point in your entire verbose comment that I agree with. All we're asking for is a fair go mate, a fair shake of the sauce bottle. Crikey, those drongos over at OVR are really ripping my nightie. Fair dinkum.
    Corsair 760T - RoG Ranger VII - i7 4790K - EVGA GTX 780 ACX - 16Gb Vengeance Pro - DK2
  • SarsippiusSarsippius Posts: 39
    Brain Burst
    We already have one whinging thread for Aus/NZ, no need for another.
  • bostromnz wrote:
    For those that haven't seen it over at Reddit.

    Does anyone honestly believe, looking at the table below, that customers from AUS/NZ shouldn't expect an explanation on what's going on?

    Latest fulfilled orders: (Special thanks to /u/Ametcalfe74)
    USA - 7th June
    UK - 29th May
    AUS - 26th March
    CAN - 29th May
    GER - 15th April
    SA - 10th April
    NZ - 23rd March

    http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/2erzf8/rift_dk2_shipping_thread_28th_august_2014/


    Omg thank you :l if this was on the website so i could see whats up i would not complain to the support as much.
    But it still does not change the fact that i'm watching people who ordered DK2 2 months after me getting it first of course i will not be happy and complain after watching that happen.


    Thanks for posting list <3
Sign In or Register to comment.