cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What the hell!

KelvinNZ
Honored Guest
This just isn't fair, i'm sorry, but Oculus what the hell is going on with the ordering system. Damn it, this really is frustrating.

http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/2ese2p/received_shipping_notice_and_i_didnt_purchase/
115 REPLIES 115

mdk
Honored Guest
Just out of curiosity KelvinNZ have you tried sending a private message to either of the forum community managers? They usually respond to those.

KelvinNZ
Honored Guest
"mdk" wrote:
Just out of curiosity KelvinNZ have you tried sending a private message to either of the forum community managers? They usually respond to those.

I have emailed Oculus expressing my concerns. I would like to see a public response here as it isn't just about me.

erick
Honored Guest
KelvinNZ, are you saying you ordered on May 18th?

I ordered on March 24th and mine arrived less than a week ago. Before I received a shipping notification, there were people in Europe that ordered three weeks after me that were already shipping. I wasn't complaining.

To put it in perspective, you ordered 8 weeks after me and you're already complaining that it hasn't shipped less than a week after mine arrived. Don't you think it's a little early to be so worked up?

KelvinNZ
Honored Guest
Actually, I suppose the fact that you only just received yours and you ordered in March is a shipping faux pas, don't you think?

I'm raising the issue of communication here and that orders are being processed for people who ordered a month over my order so, yes, I am getting worked up about it. I also made a comment about those people who ordered in March and still haven't received theirs. I am looking at the principle of the matter. Look, i'm not going to set out and hunt anybody down about this, I have more important things to do with my time, but i've paid agood sum of money and my point stands as it did from when I made my first post. The communication is ab-so-ul-utely #$@@%#$.

If the problems are uncontrollable and their are legitimate delays, then, fine, but if we are not told what they are, people are going to get frustrated and snotty, all that could be avoidable by simple updates. Oculus sent a team over to China to oversee the shipping, to me there is a problem with what they know and what information we are (not) getting.

I work in an industry that, if you drop the ball with communication, you can get eaten alive, so I expect to see the same courtesy my customers would expect from me. I really hate repeating myself as it seems this is what is trending in my posts.

If you have your rift, or, if you have nothing constructive to say (not just you, anyone) in here and only want to add fuel to the fire then please don't, if you have a partner and married when she is angry would you go tipping fuel on that fire, no, it's really no different as it still just creates more frustration. Before people come here and tells me/others to stop griping and get over it, don't post.

ThreeEyes
Explorer
But... but... but... I just NEED to know about the Baba! The Baba has me hypmotized! :shock:

Zoomie
Expert Trustee
This is why Oculus will stockpile the CV rather than shipping "as soon as available" like they have with the DK's.
Threads exactly like this.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. - Arthur C Clarke

bostromnz
Honored Guest
"Zoomie" wrote:
This is why Oculus will stockpile the CV rather than shipping "as soon as available" like they have with the DK's.

It's not threads like this that will make them think twice (in-fact I don't even know if anyone at OVR looks at this forum), it's the fact that they fail at shipping and don't keep their customers informed.

This thread is just a symptom.
Corsair 760T - RoG Ranger VII - i7 4790K - EVGA GTX 780 ACX - 16Gb Vengeance Pro - DK2

bostromnz
Honored Guest
For those that haven't seen it over at Reddit.

Does anyone honestly believe, looking at the table below, that customers from AUS/NZ shouldn't expect an explanation on what's going on?

Latest fulfilled orders: (Special thanks to /u/Ametcalfe74)
USA - 7th June
UK - 29th May
AUS - 26th March
CAN - 29th May
GER - 15th April
SA - 10th April
NZ - 23rd March

http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/2erzf8/rift_dk2_shipping_thread_28th_august_2014/
Corsair 760T - RoG Ranger VII - i7 4790K - EVGA GTX 780 ACX - 16Gb Vengeance Pro - DK2

KelvinNZ
Honored Guest
Yep, exactly, a symptom.

KelvinNZ
Honored Guest
"Zoomie" wrote:

Good! I hope they do so we don't have the problem coming back.