cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What the hell!

KelvinNZ
Honored Guest
This just isn't fair, i'm sorry, but Oculus what the hell is going on with the ordering system. Damn it, this really is frustrating.

http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/2ese2p/received_shipping_notice_and_i_didnt_purchase/
115 REPLIES 115

ThreeEyes
Explorer
"KelvinNZ" wrote:
Good! I hope they do so we don't have the problem coming back.

And had they stockpiled, nobody would have their DK2s yet. Maybe not even for another month or two, or possibly even more.

And then, everyone would have them all at once (sometime in October or November...) and there would be tons of threads all about the same things - why doesn't this work? Why isn't there any software? What is wrong with the SDK? What about the runtime?

Because nobody would have run interference on various demos, software, issues, etc.

Yeah, stockpiling is the answer to everything!

As Palmer said in the Gamescon interview with Nate, it doesn't matter what they do, people will bitch.
But... but... but... I just NEED to know about the Baba! The Baba has me hypmotized! :shock:

Anonymous
Not applicable
Its quite easy. Wait, or dont. If youre not happy about how long you have to wait, or how bad you think the communication of Oculus is, etc., you can tell it everyone who wants to hear it. But chances are bad, that this will change something.

Wait, or cancel your preorder... everything else is just a waste of time and energy.

bostromnz
Honored Guest
"bostromnz" wrote:
For those that haven't seen it over at Reddit.

Does anyone honestly believe, looking at the table below, that customers from AUS/NZ shouldn't expect an explanation on what's going on?

Latest fulfilled orders: (Special thanks to /u/Ametcalfe74)
USA - 7th June
UK - 29th May
AUS - 26th March
CAN - 29th May
GER - 15th April
SA - 10th April
NZ - 23rd March

http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/2erzf8/rift_dk2_shipping_thread_28th_august_2014/

I see everyone is quiet when presented with the facts of the situation...
Corsair 760T - RoG Ranger VII - i7 4790K - EVGA GTX 780 ACX - 16Gb Vengeance Pro - DK2

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think the Aussies and Kiwis should shut up, they don't deserve the right to complain for living in such beautiful countries, they are in danger of taking all the whingeing credit from us Poms.

bostromnz
Honored Guest
"bongodriver" wrote:
I think the Aussies and Kiwis should shut up, they don't deserve the right to complain for living in such beautiful countries, they are in danger of taking all the whingeing credit from us Poms.

That's true, who needs VR when you live in paradise...
Corsair 760T - RoG Ranger VII - i7 4790K - EVGA GTX 780 ACX - 16Gb Vengeance Pro - DK2

KelvinNZ
Honored Guest
"ThreeEyes" wrote:
"KelvinNZ" wrote:
Good! I hope they do so we don't have the problem coming back.

And had they stockpiled, nobody would have their DK2s yet. Maybe not even for another month or two, or possibly even more.

And then, everyone would have them all at once (sometime in October or November...) and there would be tons of threads all about the same things - why doesn't this work? Why isn't there any software? What is wrong with the SDK? What about the runtime?

Because nobody would have run interference on various demos, software, issues, etc.

Yeah, stockpiling is the answer to everything!

As Palmer said in the Gamescon interview with Nate, it doesn't matter what they do, people will bitch.

Well those of us who are frustrated im sure are all keen to see a better shipping process. Period.

ThreeEyes
Explorer
"bostromnz" wrote:

It's too bad that Australia and New Zealand are lagging behind, But there are realities on how these things ship out. I have no clue if this will be the case, but when your orders do kick in, it could be you zoom way ahead. The thing is it's not worth getting upset over and all that these kinds of threads do is work people up - including the ones that make all this silliness possible.

Go look at the Gamescon interview with Palmer and Nate. I don't know if it was just how tired he was or not, but when the interviewer was asking him about shipping complaints, Palmer looked pretty exasperated when he said it didn't matter what they did, that people would bitch.

Is that really how we want to come off and the impression we want to leave? I know it's like a broken record, but we are getting these at cost. We get the benefits of a VR dream team working for us for only the cost of the hardware itself.

The only way this could be better is if they were giving the DK2 away for free or subsidizing them somehow. And yet people complain.

I know it sucks not to have your DK2s and to see all the videos of others with theirs, etc. To see the reviews and read the discussions, but the fact is that had you guys ordered yours sooner, you might have them already. No matter how you slice it, part of the problem lies with you.

But bitching and "presenting evidence" to try to whip people into a frenzy doesn't change anything and won't change anything. You will get your DK2s. Why be known for behaving like this on the boards when you do?
But... but... but... I just NEED to know about the Baba! The Baba has me hypmotized! :shock:

Zoomie
Expert Trustee
"bostromnz" wrote:
"bostromnz" wrote:
For those that haven't seen it over at Reddit.

Does anyone honestly believe, looking at the table below, that customers from AUS/NZ shouldn't expect an explanation on what's going on?

Latest fulfilled orders: (Special thanks to /u/Ametcalfe74)
USA - 7th June
UK - 29th May
AUS - 26th March
CAN - 29th May
GER - 15th April
SA - 10th April
NZ - 23rd March

http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/2erzf8/rift_dk2_shipping_thread_28th_august_2014/

For future reference US/CAN are the same distribution center - Ontario California. It's like having separate entries for New York and Ohio. Based on the list I'd suggest AUS/NZ are one distribution center as well. It does looks like they're one or two shipments behind. There must be some shipping issue, or a low number of orders in April that will be caught-up with the May/June batch. Or a conspiracy.

"ThreeEyes" wrote:

This.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. - Arthur C Clarke

bostromnz
Honored Guest
"ThreeEyes" wrote:
"bostromnz" wrote:

It's too bad that Australia and New Zealand are lagging behind, But there are realities on how these things ship out. I have no clue if this will be the case, but when your orders do kick in, it could be you zoom way ahead. The thing is it's not worth getting upset over and all that these kinds of threads do is work people up - including the ones that make all this silliness possible.

Go look at the Gamescon interview with Palmer and Nate. I don't know if it was just how tired he was or not, but when the interviewer was asking him about shipping complaints, Palmer looked pretty exasperated when he said it didn't matter what they did, that people would bitch.

Is that really how we want to come off and the impression we want to leave? I know it's like a broken record, but we are getting these at cost. We get the benefits of a VR dream team working for us for only the cost of the hardware itself.

The only way this could be better is if they were giving the DK2 away for free or subsidizing them somehow. And yet people complain.

I know it sucks not to have your DK2s and to see all the videos of others with theirs, etc. To see the reviews and read the discussions, but the fact is that had you guys ordered yours sooner, you might have them already. No matter how you slice it, part of the problem lies with you.

But bitching and "presenting evidence" to try to whip people into a frenzy doesn't change anything and won't change anything. You will get your DK2s. Why be known for behaving like this on the boards when you do?

I can't find a single point in your entire verbose comment that I agree with. All we're asking for is a fair go mate, a fair shake of the sauce bottle. Crikey, those drongos over at OVR are really ripping my nightie. Fair dinkum.

Sarsippius
Honored Guest
We already have one whinging thread for Aus/NZ, no need for another.