cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Running TF2

mikesig
Honored Guest
Hey, all: I downloaded the orange box version of TF2 on steam (not the beta, the actual tf2) and added the command line -vr, but TF2 is not working properly. The valve/steam logos are in normal 1200x800 resolution, as are the menus. When I get into the game, it splits the screen in half, but not oculus-style (i.e. the Tuscany demo). Running vr_configure also does nothing: it elicits no response from the console. Note that I have the rift plugged into my laptop via HDMI as a cloned monitor, and the Tuscany demo runs perfectly fine. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!
56 REPLIES 56

ByDesignGames
Honored Guest
Not sure specifically what the change was, but after updating (auto via steam), it works great now! 🙂

Now if only i could just learn to walk around TF2 maps without getting shot at haha

michaelgood
Honored Guest
You can download the TF2 server, run it locally, and connect to your own server (127.0.0.1 or localhost). From there you can run server commands either remotely or in the server app itself. Enjoy 😄

Akiraotomo
Honored Guest
tf2 crashes on map load whenever Im in -VR mode..any ideas??

edit: hl2 loads just fine..

jlaforge
Honored Guest
I'm still experiences in the same problem that steev3d outlined above. I've been able to run everything smoothly for Half-Life 2 but Team Fortress two plays the valve opening, than shows a loading screen on the left and black screen on the right, then it will just go to black. I'm running the oculus on my MacBook Pro and mirroring in 1280x800. All the demos and other games I've tried has worked for me, team fortress is the only one that I have issue with. I don't know how to access the beta or even try to do the "prerelease" step mentioned above. My "Betas" tab in preferences says "No Beta" and I don't know how I would opt in.

I'd appreciate any help in the matter, and I'd also appreciate if anyone pointed me towards a guide for using the vr console in half-life. I wanted to use TF2 to set up the config file, but that doesn't appear to be working out for me.

UPDATE: I just figured out how to opt in to the betas, and enabled "Prerelease" and launched TF2 in -vr mode. Same result.

singularity9
Honored Guest
Having the same issue with TF2. All other demos work fine. I get a black screen after load. I am on a Macbook Air (2013) on OSX. I tried using the extended displays and setting the OR as main display but no luck =/.

juri
Honored Guest
Hello, i use a win8 laptop and and tf2 from yesterday. At the console i have a lot vr_* commands but i don't have vr_calibration. How can i use the calibration now? The split screen seems to work but i can't config the IPD.

CrazyMisty
Honored Guest
"juri" wrote:
Hello, i use a win8 laptop and and tf2 from yesterday. At the console i have a lot vr_* commands but i don't have vr_calibration. How can i use the calibration now? The split screen seems to work but i can't config the IPD.

You have to use the new oculus SDK to calibrate, or OpenVR on steam
Ordered 27/09/13 Order Status -=ARRIVED!!!=-