cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shaking view when using camera of DK2

roalt
Honored Guest
I've been trying to use the DK2 since Yesterday, and after some inital issues I managed to get it working, but there are some issues left. The main problem I have is that if I use the DK2 in combination with the camera and the Configuration tool's Demo Scene, the view shakes and it looks like the camera wants to correct movements I make with my head, so that I cannot look around.

If I put my hand on the camera or move away from it, this behaviour is gone, but when I move my head, the surrounding moves more quickly than I would expect (e.g. I only have to turn my head a bit to look around).

I have tried the Oculus with and without external power, but that does not seem to help. I have the same behaviour with Direct mode and with Extended Display mode. I run it on a Windows 7 64-bit laptop with GT 555M mobile GPU (non-optimus).

Anyone else with the same problem or with a solution?
19 REPLIES 19

riptwire
Honored Guest
That is "tearing". Turn on vsync.

roalt
Honored Guest
"riptwire" wrote:
That is "tearing". Turn on vsync.

VSync -is- turned on already!

Mellzor
Protege
I have the same issue.
When I cover the camera the shaking is gone.
Its set to 75 hz...

Not sure whats causing this
Does the camera need light ? Im using it in a pretty dark room ..

powerjosl
Honored Guest
same problem here. vsync is on, dk2 set to 75hz and the view in the demo scene and in the tuscany demo shakes when the camera is activated.
normal pc here with windows 7 x64, geforce 770 4gb & amd 3,4 quadcore cpu

Mellzor
Protege
So I found the issue.

According to the oculus manual, attaching the power supply to the little connector block is optional, and would only be needed if you use the accessoiry USB port on the rift.

lo and behold, the shaking went away when I connected the power cable.
(note that I do not have extra USB devices plugged in to my oculus)

Hope this fixes it for you as well.

powerjosl
Honored Guest
nope, not the issue on my end. I had the power supply connected to the connector block from the very beginning.

Sial666
Honored Guest
I have the same problem. At the beginning of every demo there is no shaking at all. When i wait about 30 seconds to 1 MInute, the shaking begins. I have to hold my hand in front of the camera or in front of the rift sensors and the shaking stops. After 30 seconds it begins again ... 😞 ... Even at the desk demo this happens. I have always connected the power. Maybe it's an hardware failure ?

Silferas
Honored Guest
i got the same poroblem, someone solve it?

Sial666
Honored Guest
Looks like for me it is a little bit better. I removed the sync cable from the camera and connected it again. Now the problem only appears sometime in the middle of a demo but not every 30 seconds. Still not solved but better. Try to check the cable, Maybe same issue.