Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HydraDeck RTS (new demo!)

Teddy0k
Explorer
Hello Riftfriends,

Here's my new demo for the Oculus Rift and Razer Hydra;

Download v0.1 here; https://mega.co.nz/#!8Qp0SAgb!TWSBtAaXk5W5jJu92WEJoTIq3KJBca63uiKsubOCzno

It's got the same controls as my Cover Shooter and HydraDeck Demo. This time it's an RTS!

When you're standing up, you feel like a giant in a tiny world where the castle only comes up to your knees. Through the magic of VR, when you bend down to look at it the world scales up to full size! Then if you want to move across the battlefield, just stand up and take a step to the other side of the world.

The gameplay is a simple tower defence style where you can upgrade your castles defence forces and guide your artillery teams against the hordes of attacking robots. Don't let the robots get in your front gates!

This is only the first basic prototype, I'd like to get some feedback on the controls and if people get any motion sickness, etc.

In the future, I'd like to add some more unit types and enemy types but I'm not really sure what yet. Let me know if you have any ideas!
16 REPLIES 16

Leonard_Powers
Explorer
"whoisonline" wrote:
Wow Teddy, once again, fantastic work and thanks for sharing all of your demos 🙂

Totally agree. You've come up with some great ideas and this demo doesn't disappoint.
Keep up the good work 8-)
DK1 | DK2 | GearVR | CV1 Pre-Ordered "I reject your reality and substitute my own"

whoisonline
Explorer
What a spin out .. I love this demo. I think you've done some amazing work here and I can't wait to see where this demo is heading. Thanks.

huttybangbang
Honored Guest
This is very cool... like playing with toys on the floor as a kid 😉

Or Gulliver's World 😄

Could be quite mesmerizing to just watch 2 teams fight it out....
Oculus Hut - A big fat slice of VR A page I made about surfing the virtual reality web! Janus VR Room 45: janus://zion.vrsites.com/1/45 YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj70pq7hA26fvLv832NmboA A little UE4 experience: Virtual Bard

rvvr
Honored Guest
Can you please please pretty please make this DK2 compatible?

I'd love to feel like a giant!

spazkoga
Honored Guest
yeah really hope this will be dk2 soon

ADROCK23
Honored Guest
DK2 compat yet?

Luciferous
Consultant
I have not seen anything like this since. It was brilliant on the DK1. DK2s low persistence and the head tracking would be amazing. Probably a lot of work to convert though.