cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-Cut Round Lens (Watch Crystal) Protectors

ThreeEyes
Explorer
Hey all, found a user on Reddit talking about round screen protectors for watches but only gave a link to Amazon UK:

http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/2f0cig/circular_40mm_screen_protectors_for_lenses/

But for those in the USA, Amazon USA has them from a different manufacturer (KlearKare):

KlearKare Invisible Screen Shield Protector for Generic Watch 40mm Face Bezel | Military Grade Scratch Protection | Lifetime Warranty

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BUJ3AF2/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=

A couple of things to look for is that this comes with an application solution. They don't specify what it is though they mention "NOTE: A small amount of water is used in installation." Folks may want to be sure to read the package and make sure there aren't any solvents in it besides water or very mild/dilute alcohols (I have been using Nikon lens cloths for cleaning DK2 lenses here and they have some isopropanol (rubbing alcohol) in them but it seems fairly diluted with water - which might be important for not hurting the lenses).

I haven't used these protectors so can't say yet how they are, but I'm going to order some. Price is $7.95 per pack of 2 with $1.01 shipping.

I'm sure there are others available as well but on the whole, these have pretty good reviews. Most are 5 stars but a few that rated it less than that seemed to have some kind of problem. Either the protector wasn't completely cut through (scissors would fix that) or they had some other issue.
But... but... but... I just NEED to know about the Baba! The Baba has me hypmotized! :shock:
26 REPLIES 26

Trap
Honored Guest
nice find, those look cool .. would 38's be best I wonder.. was also trying to find some information
about the A lens and B.. which lens is best for people that don't wear glasses? does it matter? can't seem to find what I'm looking for.

floydfreak
Honored Guest
Ordered..

Thank you ThreeEyes.

Six of them for a mere £1.60 + 60p postage.
I haven't taken the plastic off of my lenses yet - so I'm hoping that after I put these protectors on, I'll never need to see a scratch.

Assuming they're not already scratched of course :lol:

1karl1
Honored Guest
"ThreeEyes" wrote:
Hey all, found a user on Reddit talking about round screen protectors for watches but only gave a link to Amazon UK:

http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/2f0cig/circular_40mm_screen_protectors_for_lenses/

But for those in the USA, Amazon USA has them from a different manufacturer (KlearKare):

KlearKare Invisible Screen Shield Protector for Generic Watch 40mm Face Bezel | Military Grade Scratch Protection | Lifetime Warranty

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BUJ3AF2/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=

A couple of things to look for is that this comes with an application solution. They don't specify what it is though they mention "NOTE: A small amount of water is used in installation." Folks may want to be sure to read the package and make sure there aren't any solvents in it besides water or very mild/dilute alcohols (I have been using Nikon lens cloths for cleaning DK2 lenses here and they have some isopropanol (rubbing alcohol) in them but it seems fairly diluted with water - which might be important for not hurting the lenses).

I haven't used these protectors so can't say yet how they are, but I'm going to order some. Price is $7.95 per pack of 2 with $1.01 shipping.

I'm sure there are others available as well but on the whole, these have pretty good reviews. Most are 5 stars but a few that rated it less than that seemed to have some kind of problem. Either the protector wasn't completely cut through (scissors would fix that) or they had some other issue.

Just received some of these today , the cheapo ones £1:50 for 6 (39mm) . I have a 1080p 55" LED tv and just placed a piece of offcut on the tv screen and it completely disappeared apart from the edge which although very thin may or may not be visible when wearing DK2 .Here's a few pics maybe not the best with my S3 mini but give an idea .

realdaveger
Honored Guest
i've ordered 42mm -> too big, i must cut it down to 40mm

floydfreak
Honored Guest
Well, I ordered these from here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Savvies-UltraClear-Protector-circular-Diameter/dp/B00H48H9SC/ref=pd_cp_ce_0

They turned up earlier on and I've already fitted them. Easy enough to do, simply peel and place - they fitted perfectly I thought..
Nothing detrimental to the image (I tried just one lens first, checked a demo - didn't notice anything different).

Cheers for the heads up ThreeEyes!

HiCZoK
Protege
"Trap" wrote:
nice find, those look cool .. would 38's be best I wonder.. was also trying to find some information
about the A lens and B.. which lens is best for people that don't wear glasses? does it matter? can't seem to find what I'm looking for.

40.5 mm is the correct size. Anything more than that and screen protectors will obscure the holding cups and not stick.
40 is the right choice. No less no more

1karl1
Honored Guest
"hiczok" wrote:
"Trap" wrote:

40.5 mm is the correct size. Anything more than that and screen protectors will obscure the holding cups and not stick.
40 is the right choice. No less no more

Ah crap so my 39 mm are no good then ?

floydfreak
Honored Guest
"1karl1" wrote:

Ah crap so my 39 mm are no good then ?

You may want to consider getting the 40mm ones 1karl1. I found they fit on 'just right'
Trying to put on 39mm one's means the perimeter might not quite be right and you might notice an edge or something when rifting?

I dunno :?:
But, I do know mine seem ok
😄

Good luck!!

oAmadeuso
Honored Guest
I just left the plastic wrap on that came with the lenses.
There's scratches & bubbles in them but when being used I cannot tell.

Got a pack of 6 iPad screen protectors for a few quid so got plenty I can cut out if needed.

If these are for watch lenses and require a glue make sure to read the ingredients as per previous posts.
Watch lens are something I know a fair bit about and they may be making the assumption you're putting these on glass not whatever plastic the rifts are using.

Do we even know what material the lenses are?
This is essential but using any glue in my opinion.