cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official DK2 Shipping Update (Aug 8th 2014)

cybereality
Grand Champion
Hey everyone,

By the end of this week, we'll have shipped over 16,000 DK2s worldwide.

To those still waiting for your kits to arrive, thank you for your continued patience. We’re doing what we can to get your DK2 to you as quickly as possible.

To those who have already received their kits, we hope you’re enjoying experimenting, building, and creating new VR experiences. A special thank you for everyone’s help testing the latest SDK. We know it’s still rough around the edges, and we’re squashing bugs as quickly as we can. Watch for an update to the SDK in the near future.

Thanks again!

// cybereality
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
2,785 REPLIES 2,785

RockInnovations
Honored Guest
"mikelaqua" wrote:
Hi Hentai Gentleman,

I have a theory. When I travel by plane and there are no direct flights available, airlines will offer a flight with one or two stops. This flight will take longer and use more fuel than a direct flight.

This may be to offset the cost of flights that are not completely booked, while it "only" inconveniences the traveller. It increases the profit of other flight paths, while not having to set up another plane for just one passenger.

Mike

i don't believe that to be 100% correct. The reason I'm saying this is my order got shipped from Ontario, California yesterday.
The package apparently arrived in Ottawa, ON (where I live) late yesterday.
However as of this morning it was in Memphis, TN but somehow it is out for delivery.

The Memphis, TN portion makes zero sense. When i called Fedex she mentioned it is out for delivery

Edit: To further prove my point that something strange is going on suddenly i just got another update saying its back in Ottawa within a sorting facility

vincehk
Honored Guest
"Shirase" wrote:
"NetellerOK" wrote:
Belarus [ Europe ]

Order ID: DT-058****
Date: Jun 29, 2014 08:28 AM PDT
Status: Pending:Your order is pending. Please see the reason(s) below.

Also from Belarus

Order ID: IS-910****
Date: Jun 25, 2014 12:28 AM PDT
Status:READY:We've successfully processed the payment and information for your order. It will be shipped as soon as the items are available in stock.

Got READY status at 03.09, but it still READY for now... 😞

Same endless ready status. Their support also seem to refuse responding any email I sent regarding this or a payment issue I had.

bloodreaper666
Honored Guest
Mine dk2 ont be here until this thrus. Now would be a great time. For a time machine :lol: i cant wait any longer

swehas
Honored Guest
My order ID "JT"-02***** I see some UK buyers ordered after July 27 got ID "JK". I ordered in 27 Jul. Any significance of the ID? I saw some people ordered in May got ID JT-90*****

Since 02 comes before 90 I thought I would get before them lol even though I ordered after them.

Jac97
Honored Guest
Shipped!!! Yes finally I can't wait, hopefully it will be here by Friday :? But can anyone tell me why it's shipping from Canada? I ordered June 18th from Wyoming USA

adamski07
Honored Guest
"Jac97" wrote:
Shipped!!! Yes finally I can't wait, hopefully it will be here by Friday :? But can anyone tell me why it's shipping from Canada? I ordered June 18th from Wyoming USA

Isnt it Ontario, CAlifornia, USA?
Ordered : July 28th Status: Arrived on 10-17 Location: CA, USA

AlphaWolF
Honored Guest
"MrPayday" wrote:
"grices" wrote:
Come on July Orders.....

Anyone UK got shipped Late June? Think I have seen a 19th June [EU]

I go on Holiday for 2 week soon. and Just know my order will ship while I am off.. SOD's LAW.

UK
Ordered 3rd July

The (Western-)Europe orders have been completely dropped for last week and the beginning of this week again. It's the US's turn again. I really have no idea how they process orders.. :roll:

UK june 28th here!, But I seen a june 24th last week and im starting to get concerned as I had hoped to get it last week , but it was mostly US and its started with US again this week. My estimated time was August but I will be lucky to get it late September if there is no EU orders this week

zsdriver
Honored Guest
Order date: June 30
Shipped: Today!
Texas, United States

Can't express how excited I am. It should arrive on Thursday. I didn't expect to get it this week. Woot!!!

swatsqad
Honored Guest
so what time will they start processing European orders today?

mikelaqua
Honored Guest
"RockInnovations" wrote:
"mikelaqua" wrote:
Hi Hentai Gentleman,

I have a theory. When I travel by plane and there are no direct flights available, airlines will offer a flight with one or two stops. This flight will take longer and use more fuel than a direct flight.

This may be to offset the cost of flights that are not completely booked, while it "only" inconveniences the traveller. It increases the profit of other flight paths, while not having to set up another plane for just one passenger.

Mike

i don't believe that to be 100% correct. The reason I'm saying this is my order got shipped from Ontario, California yesterday.
The package apparently arrived in Ottawa, ON (where I live) late yesterday.
However as of this morning it was in Memphis, TN but somehow it is out for delivery.

Operator screwed up? Sometimes your luggage arrives in Hawaii and you arrive in Canmore. Update screw up?

Mike

The Memphis, TN portion makes zero sense. When i called Fedex she mentioned it is out for delivery

Edit: To further prove my point that something strange is going on suddenly i just got another update saying its back in Ottawa within a sorting facility