cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Greetings!

davidwyandgg
Explorer
Hello fellow Oculus Rift developers and enthusiasts! Looks like this might be the first post ever in the developer forums so I thought I would introduce myself.

I'm David Wyand, Head of Torque 3D development at GarageGames. Torque 3D is an open source game engine that is available from GitHub. You may find out some more about it here: http://www.garagegames.com/products/torque-3d.

This year we've added Leap Motion controller support, and will push out Razer Hydra support this week. I look forward to integrating the Oculus Rift with Torque 3D and seeing what our community comes up with once the developer kit is released. We have a few Kickstarter supporters in our ranks (including myself) and we can't wait to get started!

- Dave
984 REPLIES 984

raijinspecial
Honored Guest
Hi everyone, I'm Seth. I don't have much experience in development but I am currently doing a phd in neuroscience and I would love to use this for some scientific visualization and epilepsy research.

Cheshyr
Honored Guest
Hey all. My name is Dave Coleman. I'm an embedded engineer, but also a gamer, and I've had an moderate obsession with VR and wearable computing for a long time. I was one of the kickstarters, and a part-time indie developer on the side. Recently joined 1GAM (http://www.onegameamonth.com), and I'm hoping to get a couple Rift games in the mix.

Good to see the community waking up. Looking forward to participating in the birth of modern VR.

VRtuoso
Honored Guest
Hi, i'm Ramón, living in germany and thrilled to be here 😄

I registered with my artist name, and maybe future indie company name if all turns out well 🙂

My VR project is about street art, and the new possibilities for artistic expression inside virtual worlds. My goal is to provide a tool for street artists expressing themselfes in VR without any prior experience in handling traditional computer input methods, and the prospect of getting fame by appearing with their art in other video games. Functioning also as a tool for game developers to get top quality street art into their game to enhance the fidelity of their virtual urban environments 🙂

The guy, formerly known as "STRZ" over at MTBS :mrgreen:

LockeDown
Honored Guest
Hey Everyone,

My real name is Mickey and I am like many of you patiently awaiting my kits to arrive. I have not been able to go to any of the conventions to check it out due to my day job -- worst part is I work/live just a couple miles away from the Oculus VR Office 😕

I plan to do a lot of tinkering with different development tools including Unity and UDK. Have no set projects in mind but I have a feeling the 1st in house demo will get me trying all sorts of new things.

Also have a Razer Hydra and pre-ordered leap controllers to play with. This is more of a hobby for me at this point until I can feel comfortable enough to working with other developers on possible Rift projects.

But for now I will live vicariously through other developers that have already received their kits 😉

TheGameVeda
Honored Guest
Absolutely awesome to be here, at this time, at the beginning ,looking forward to tackle the riddle of VR.

Hey David , how are you integrating LEAP Motion , using it as a mouse FOV controller like DangerMouse and or the full two hand recognition with gestures mapped to in game actions? Also with a wide FOV like the Rifts , does LEAP motion allow you to move your hand all the way around the FOV , or is it restricted to a central area , or do you wear it so it moves with your movements?

Here's a video of me using LEAP Motion to play Bioshock Infinite .looking for hooks where VR control like the LEAP motion could be exploited and also how long I could tolerate it. All the ingredients are in place now UDK support, LEAP Motion , headtracking and the Oculus for us to be doing this in VR ..tomorrow ... or today! Or the day our Rifts arrive ...

http://youtu.be/GCqEuEfosE0

Vin
Explorer
My name is Vin King, and I'm working on a few projects outside of work based around natural computer interfaces and augmented reality. The Rift is exciting due to the low cost, low latency environment, and I look forward to attempting to push it's usefulness past just gaming.

medrift
Honored Guest
Hello everyone I'm mark from England and I'm just checking in. This is going to be an amazing place to be over the coming months. Good luck to everyone with their projects.

cmvienna
Honored Guest
hello from vienna,
i'm Chris and working for a Company in the Music Business making Sample libairies and started with VR in the early days with Virtual Walkthrough, which had a very modest 3D-VR support.
we're looking around for options to show users a visual mix of real and virtual stages and musicians - Oculus Rift appears to become a mindblowing prerequisite to make this happen.

judah4
Honored Guest
Hello,
I am Judah from California. I am a college student studying computer science and I have a great interest in game development and VR. Between class and work, I'm usually working on my Online rpg I've been making for the last year which I am planning to add Oculus support to as soon as I can 🙂

majerk
Honored Guest
Hello everyone,
I am from the Bay Area, CA. I'm going to be creating games and/or other interactive media with my Rift. I have no background in graphic rendering, but I am very interested in it (my background is *nix system level programming in C).

Since I've ordered the Rift I've been learning OpenGL 3+ and various techniques. I've created some simple rendering systems and have picked up a lot of new knowledge. My goal is to get off my ass and create something neat that *I* want to play. If you want follow what I do, you can follow me on twitter at @majerked, I will probably follow back because I want to see what everyone else comes up with also.