cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G-Sync Conflict with Oculus Drivers/Software

Iano
Honored Guest
I purchased a G-Sync compatible monitor and couldn't get it working until I stumbled upon this thread and removed all Oculus drivers/software from my PC.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/754447/geforce-drivers/gsync-and-the-latest-beta-driver-340...
40 REPLIES 40

EvilDuck
Honored Guest
Yea , I have the same problem with my Asus Swift monitor (1440P 144hz G-sync). For me it causes a full system shutdown everytime i start a fullscreen game that will enable G-sync, Major driver conflicts here. So when i want to use my oculus for anything I have to unplug the monitor and instal the runtime , everytime! Its very inconvenient. I realy hope the next SDK fixes this problem... But my guess its not a priority now, since its very few who acctually own a G-sync monitor.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Oh no! I was planning on buying that monitor too.

I have brought this up with the engineering team. Hopefully we can find a fix.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

EvilDuck
Honored Guest
Great to hear cyber! 😄 Crossing my fingers !
(btw, it's a fantastic monitor!)

Icephyre
Honored Guest
I have the Asus vg248qe with the G-Sync board installed and have my DK2 some what working. You'll have to disable G-Sync in the Nvidia control panel in the 'Setup G-Sync' and in the 'Manage 3D Settings' go to the base profile and scroll down and make sure it says 'V-Sync On'.

Granted, I'm still having major issues with the DK2. The config tool repeated either continuously cycles between "not responding" and not recognizing the Rift unit and the camera. The blue light on the camera does not stay on and I think that's the problem that's causing the oculus config to keep crashing or failing to detect the service. I can still the see the extended desktop through the Rift and play Elite Dangerous with it if I kill the service. SteamVR fails to detect the runtime and/or fails to connect to it. Frustrating as all hell.

jboyce
Honored Guest
"EvilDuck" wrote:
Yea , I have the same problem with my Asus Swift monitor (1440P 144hz G-sync). For me it causes a full system shutdown everytime i start a fullscreen game that will enable G-sync, Major driver conflicts here. So when i want to use my oculus for anything I have to unplug the monitor and instal the runtime , everytime! Its very inconvenient. I realy hope the next SDK fixes this problem... But my guess its not a priority now, since its very few who acctually own a G-sync monitor.

I have the same monitor (the new Asus Swift PG278Q), and am getting identical behavior with my GTX 780Ti. With G-sync enabled my system crashes every time I launch a game in full-screen mode. Uninstalling the Oculus VR runtime fixes the issue; pausing the service does not.

EvilDuck
Honored Guest
"jboyce" wrote:

I have the same monitor (the new Asus Swift PG278Q), and am getting identical behavior with my GTX 780Ti. With G-sync enabled my system crashes every time I launch a game in full-screen mode. Uninstalling the Oculus VR runtime fixes the issue; pausing the service does not.

Yeah, thats the exact same problem that I have. Im running an Nvidia Titan Black , so we are both on the fully unlocked GK110 core. Don't know if that is information of any significance, but i guess i could be.

Narbotic
Honored Guest
I'm also experiencing the same issue using the 0.4.1 runtime with an EVGA GTX 780 SC + Asus PG278Q with G-Sync enabled. Uninstalling the runtime is the only way I've been able to get things working. Would love to get this ironed out.

outremer
Honored Guest
Picked up the new ASUS PG278Q Gsync monitor today, running into the same issue with the DK2. Full system restart upon launching most games. I'm running on a GTX 680 / Intel i5. At least it is a easy repro I guess 😉

I can also confirm suspending the VR service does not help. Have to uninstall.

Hope you guys can find a fix for this - other than this bug the monitor is really nice so far! Let me know if you want my full system info or any other information.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Same issue here

pg278q, gtx 780 ti, oculus runtime cause hard reset upon playing most games.

Uninstalling runtime or disabling gsync solve problem
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?