cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DK2 Customs Issues - Incorrect Labelling

aidangibson
Honored Guest
:oops: :evil:

Sad to say it, but my Oculus Rift issues continue. Here in New Zealand i've fortunately been chasing up my Rift for awhile now going in circles with AusPost, NZPost and New Zealand customs. Finally got a straight answer and unfortunately not only has my Rift been held for clearance by customs, it's now under investigation. -.-

It appears Oculus decided to circumvent customs through providing incorrect details with the import, labelled at $325 AUD compared to the $390 is should be listed at. I was fully prepared to pay the duties to customs, but i'm now locked into a circular battle trying to find a way to justify the price.

Not being able to fast track the process now, i'm here with no Rift and still a looming customs fee... and potentially further investigation.

Cybereality, if you come across this, please advise, you've been very good in getting us the information needed, but with all the delays and now this perceived circumvention of customs is just unbearably frustrating.
56 REPLIES 56

qwertbu
Honored Guest
I literally just received mine today in NZ. Arrived delivered by CourierPost (through AusPost) and is labelled at $325AUD. Luckily I managed to avoid customs but it was a major worry that they would stop it. Ours must have been in the same shipment so unsure why yours was stopped?

aidangibson
Honored Guest
Ours must have been in the same shipment so unsure why yours was stopped?

Luck of the draw i guess - i'm fuming. Perhaps i'm not entirely justified in my concerns and i acknowledge this. There's just a bit of ire though because we have been waiting so long and to have the delivery process spoiled by something (presumably) totally avoidable...

cybereality
Grand Champion
Let me see what I can find out.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

aidangibson
Honored Guest
Thank you cyber, it's much appreciated. I'm close at hand for the next few hours, so let me know if you need more information.

bostromnz
Honored Guest
I got mine today too, through customs no worries. Sorry to hear your pain but grateful to Oculus that they saved me $100+ by labelling it $325.
Corsair 760T - RoG Ranger VII - i7 4790K - EVGA GTX 780 ACX - 16Gb Vengeance Pro - DK2

aidangibson
Honored Guest
"bostromnz" wrote:
I got mine today too, through customs no worries. Sorry to hear your pain but grateful to Oculus that they saved me $100+ by labelling it $325.

Mmmm, and perhaps that's the goal, who knows. Unfortunately it's not so ethical, and unless i have a invoice reflecting this, it's not going to go down too well. I did try to justify it through multi-stage shipping costs, but they really wouldn't have a bar of it.

[EDIT] I'm happy for everyone else though! :mrgreen:

aidangibson
Honored Guest
*Sobs quietly to the sound of crickets*

:cry:

Cgpnz
Honored Guest
"aidangibson" wrote:
I was fully prepared to pay the duties to customs, but i'm now locked into a circular battle trying to find a way to justify the price.

Ah NZ customs have processed quite a few DK2s, so I wouldn't try to BS them, they might get nasty on you.

Cgpnz
Honored Guest
"bostromnz" wrote:

You were lucky they were not paying attention, maybe a new worker.