cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Australian Shipping UPDATE?

Jim2906
Honored Guest
We would love to hear about any and all updates to shipping that has to do with Australia. Have you received an email about shipping and live in Australia? If so please let us know here!!!

Cybereality said this on

Thu 24th:
They will go out mostly in order. We are just running a few smaller batches on a per region basis to make sure everything is working good before we automate things.

We'll have more batches to all regions following shortly. Please just relax. Thanks.

Sun 20th:

Yes, we already have stock of DK2 in multiple distribution centers around the world. We are currently waiting for the software to become stable, and then we can immediately start shipping to customers.

Here's hoping we hear something soon.

P.S - Anyone know what city the distribution center is in?
2,390 REPLIES 2,390

AT76
Honored Guest
"whalan84" wrote:
I was the only June 11th that I have seen and my status never moved from READY, I missed out so last known rift to ship was June 10 in reality... that was disheartening because my status changed and I actually thought I was going to get it... that was 2 weeks ago.

The status change and all ... ouch.

Junes can't be far away now *fingers crossed*

whalan84
Protege
"AT76" wrote:
"whalan84" wrote:
I was the only June 11th that I have seen and my status never moved from READY, I missed out so last known rift to ship was June 10 in reality... that was disheartening because my status changed and I actually thought I was going to get it... that was 2 weeks ago.

The status change and all ... ouch.

Junes can't be far away now *fingers crossed*

Yeah, the positive side is I know I should receive in the next shipment. Fingers crossed next should knock out atleast July as well... we are well out of the heavy ordering period. I'm guessing we are only talking hundreds left to ship now not thousands.

Vercci
Honored Guest
"whalan84" wrote:
"fudspong" wrote:
I'm June 14 and the June 11 cutoff of the last batch was all the more disheartening because of it. My hopes were sky-high that I would get through. Now I strongly suspect I will get in on the next batch and the silence on the shipping date is deafening. Come on Occers, I have plans!

I was the only June 11th that I have seen and my status never moved from READY, I missed out so last known rift to ship was June 10 in reality... that was disheartening because my status changed and I actually thought I was going to get it... that was 2 weeks ago. It's like telling a kid tomorrow is christmas and then getting a note from Santa that says I will bring you something another day... but I don't know when.

Don't feel too bad about it, it wouldn't necessarily have been the best thing if you had moved forward. I got my processing and shipping emails in the last batch. Now however?

Service: EMS

Wed 17 Sep 2014 14:52 Arrived at facility in destination country AUCKLAND
Tue 16 Sep 2014 19:37 Processed through facility SYDNEY
Tue 16 Sep 2014 19:21 Arrived at facility SYDNEY
Mon 15 Sep 2014 18:11 Shipping information approved by Australia Post
Mon 15 Sep 2014 13:34 Shipping information received by Australia Post

My rift got from Australia to NZ within a day of being in Sydney. Now it's in Auckland, which is where I live anyway. And from there it's taking at least a full week via express post to make a journey that at worst will be 20km. I could literally pick it up from any postage depot in Auckland, and I've told Oculus this via my support ticket.

I'm supposed to be paying customs on this thing I think, but until it actually tells me that it's being held by customs, I'm unable to get a consignment number and pay to free it. I'm going to be amazed if I have a harder time getting the actual Rift to work than I am getting receiving a parcel from Australia.
NZ DK2 Order: May 26, 2014 06:00 PM PDT Status:Delivery Complete

JoshNZ
Honored Guest
"Vercci" wrote:
"whalan84" wrote:

Service: EMS

Wed 17 Sep 2014 14:52 Arrived at facility in destination country AUCKLAND
Tue 16 Sep 2014 19:37 Processed through facility SYDNEY
Tue 16 Sep 2014 19:21 Arrived at facility SYDNEY
Mon 15 Sep 2014 18:11 Shipping information approved by Australia Post
Mon 15 Sep 2014 13:34 Shipping information received by Australia Post

My rift got from Australia to NZ within a day of being in Sydney. Now it's in Auckland, which is where I live anyway. And from there it's taking at least a full week via express post to make a journey that at worst will be 20km. I could literally pick it up from any postage depot in Auckland, and I've told Oculus this via my support ticket.

I'm supposed to be paying customs on this thing I think, but until it actually tells me that it's being held by customs, I'm unable to get a consignment number and pay to free it. I'm going to be amazed if I have a harder time getting the actual Rift to work than I am getting receiving a parcel from Australia.

Hey Vercci,
I'm in NZ too and like you my DK2 has been sitting in Auckland since the 17th. To get more details you can use your AusPost tracking number in the NZ Post website (https://www.nzpost.co.nz/tools/tracking ), they have now taken over the delivery of your package so all updates are now in their system. I'm guessing that your status will be "Held for Clearance". I got a letter yesterday from NZ Post saying that they were missing an Invoice that is required before customs will release the package. If I find any magical way to extract our DK2's I'll post it up here.
Best of luck,
Josh..

DonkyBoY
Protege
One upside of your messages is that it is moving through Australia quickly so great for us Aussies.
Thou not so great for New Zealand Rifters, hard to believe that this is still happening makes you wonder what this paperwork is that they are missing.

what about poor old whalan84 status changing and nothing happening, dude what did you do in a previous life.

Sorry to say it but
I am worried now no info for a long time and stuff ups with the last lot to boot im thinking now massive holdup while they try to correct problems / wait for enough orders to warrant sending a shipment.

@Cybereality do you reckon its possible you could pull ya finger out mate

Edit:- then i read here claims of fraud and such with NZ customs viewtopic.php?f=26&t=14635

This does not look good at all shakes head in disbelief.
Oculus CV1 room scale with 3 tracker's
i7 4790K @ 4.4Ghz with delid and Liquid metal ultra +Corsair H110i / MSI GTX1080Ti Sea Hawk / 32GB DDR3 @2400Mhz
(All rads running EK Furious Vardar F4 / F5 fans)
Sandisk Extreme for OS and Kingston SSD Now for games
Steam = http://steamcommunity.com/id/xgsdonkyboy
TS3 server = xgs.ts3.nz

Vercci
Honored Guest
"JoshNZ" wrote:

Hey Vercci,
I'm in NZ too and like you my DK2 has been sitting in Auckland since the 17th. To get more details you can use your AusPost tracking number in the NZ Post website (https://www.nzpost.co.nz/tools/tracking ), they have now taken over the delivery of your package so all updates are now in their system. I'm guessing that your status will be "Held for Clearance". I got a letter yesterday from NZ Post saying that they were missing an Invoice that is required before customs will release the package. If I find any magical way to extract our DK2's I'll post it up here.
Best of luck,
Josh..

Yeah, checked it there and it's held for clearance also. Went around a few NZ post and customs numbers and no luck. International NZ Post mail center goes to some squeaky guy's voice and then to a message system immediately after saying I don't have a Customs reference number.
NZ DK2 Order: May 26, 2014 06:00 PM PDT Status:Delivery Complete

cybereality
Grand Champion
So I just got word that a pretty large batch will be going out to the Oceanic region shortly.

If you are in that batch, you may be receiving your "processing email" as soon as later today (AU time).

Thanks for your patience guys (and gals)!
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

DonkyBoY
Protege
"cybereality" wrote:
So I just got word that a pretty large batch will be going out to the Oceanic region shortly.

If you are in that batch, you may be receiving your "processing email" as soon as later today (AU time).

Thanks for your patience guys (and gals)!

Wow thx for the heads up thats changes the mood a little 🙂

grabs a coffee and waits at inbox for confirmation email.
Oculus CV1 room scale with 3 tracker's
i7 4790K @ 4.4Ghz with delid and Liquid metal ultra +Corsair H110i / MSI GTX1080Ti Sea Hawk / 32GB DDR3 @2400Mhz
(All rads running EK Furious Vardar F4 / F5 fans)
Sandisk Extreme for OS and Kingston SSD Now for games
Steam = http://steamcommunity.com/id/xgsdonkyboy
TS3 server = xgs.ts3.nz

razalom
Explorer
Good luck those in AU/NZ and other local regions 🙂

Still too far off for me sadly I think 😞

ptisinge
Honored Guest
Thanks for the update Cyber, I really appreciate! So it looks like we're getting a batch sent to the DC roughly every two weeks, am I right?
Being a 6th of July order, I'm not sure I'll be in that batch, so I'll try not to get too excited yet, but it's good to know that things are moving!