cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DK2 cable question

fgeist
Honored Guest
Quick question, what cables are EXACTLY shipped with the DK2?
I got my new 970 GTX today and it's only got one DVI port (used by monitor), one what appears to be mini(?)-HDMI (my TV's normal HDMI doesn't fit) - and 3 Displayports.

Does the DK2 come with a DP cable, or a mini HDMI cable, or will I need to buy adapters?

Thanks.
Ordered: August 27th, Germany Status: October 12th, Processing October 15th, ARRIVED
10 REPLIES 10

Halaster
Protege
You will need to purchase an adapter.

fgeist
Honored Guest
"Halaster" wrote:
You will need to purchase an adapter.

Okay thanks. Which variant?
Ordered: August 27th, Germany Status: October 12th, Processing October 15th, ARRIVED

eepoole4
Honored Guest
Something like this should suffice.

Note: DisplayPort and HDMI are not directly compatible with each other. While video should be fine with the application you're looking for (Only looking to pass video to the Rift) AUDIO will not pass through the DisplayPort-HDMI adapter. Like I said, this issue shouldn't apply to you as I only assume you have headphones or a sound system separately hooked up.

ThreeEyes
Explorer
If the card has a mini-HDMI, are you sure it doesn't have a mini-HDMI to regular HDMI adapter in the box?

What you have to plug in with DK2 is an HDMI cable (standard-size), and two USB cables. You can download the manual in the downloads section of the developer section. The manual has a full diagram and shows what plugs into what.

But what plugs into the computer are a standard HDMI and two USB connectors.
But... but... but... I just NEED to know about the Baba! The Baba has me hypmotized! :shock:

erick
Honored Guest
DK2 includes everything here (plus a cleaning cloth and another pair of lenses with a different focus).

For cables/adapters, it comes with:

• A custom HDMI/USB cable

• A 3.5mm "sync" cable connected between the camera and custom cable box

• A USB-to-mini USB cable for the camera

• A DVI-to-HDMI adapter

mini-HDMI or DisplayPort will require an adapter. I'd recommend Monoprice.

eepoole4
Honored Guest
"erick" wrote:
DK2 includes everything here (plus a cleaning cloth and another pair of lenses with a different focus).

For cables/adapters, it comes with:

• A custom HDMI/USB cable

• A 3.5mm "sync" cable connected between the camera and custom cable box

• A USB-to-mini USB cable for the camera

• A DVI-to-HDMI adapter

mini-HDMI or DisplayPort will require an adapter. I'd recommend Monoprice.

Thanks for fixing that picture! lmao

fgeist
Honored Guest
Thanks guys, I'll get a

HDMI to miniHDMI adapter and a
HDMI to miniDisplayport adapter

I should be fine then, right? (I need the HDMI to miniHDMI anyways for my TV now, but I don't mind unplugging the TV for the Rift if it has to be)

cybereality
Grand Champion
The HDMI-to-mini-HDMI adapter you posted will be your best bet. The other one will not work with the Rift cable, and is too short if you wanted to replace it.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

erick
Honored Guest
"fgeist" wrote:
I should be fine then, right?

You only need one (depending on which port you want to use). However, that DisplayPort adapter won't work. First, are you sure you have mini DisplayPort and not full sized DisplayPort on your card? Second, you need a female HDMI connection. You'll probably want something like the adapter that eepoole4 linked to.