cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Twitch Censors Carmack

erick
Honored Guest
Twitch believes Carmack's voice is copyrighted content owned by a third party. They've silenced about 15 minutes of his talk.

http://www.twitch.tv/oculus/b/570463564

10 REPLIES 10

RonsonPL
Heroic Explorer
wtf????????????????
Not an Oculus hater, but not a fan anymore. Still lots of respect for the team-Carmack, Abrash. Oculus is driven by big corporation principles now. That brings painful effects already, more to come in the future. This is not the Oculus I once cheered for.

Drachenherz
Protege
*insert obligatory zenimax joke here*

😄

saviornt
Protege
I wouldn't put it past them tbh. Still though, wtf?
Current WIPs using Unreal Engine 4: Agrona - Tales of an Era: Medieval Fantasy MORPG

erick
Honored Guest
I believe it was muted automatically. They muted 30 minutes of the keynote beginning with the intermission between keynotes where music was playing. The muting then carried into 15 minutes of his speech.

Still, I'm sure Oculus used music that is either public domain or licensed for their conference. Twitch really should flag videos for manual review and stop letting their broken software do this automatically. We're missing out on valuable information.

Blizado
Honored Guest
Good that I watch it live. Stupid Twitch Bot... that is not really funny...

cybereality
Grand Champion
You should be able to find the keynote on YouTube. Sorry.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

kojack
MVP
MVP
When I opened this thread, the first thing I thought was that it was about the black rectangle placed over him in the video preview frame as if he was doing something inappropriate on stage. 🙂
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Anonymous
Not applicable
"kojack" wrote:
When I opened this thread, the first thing I thought was that it was about the black rectangle placed over him in the video preview frame as if he was doing something inappropriate on stage. 🙂

lol

DarrenM
Explorer
Non-muted version