cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Australian Shipping UPDATE?

Jim2906
Honored Guest
We would love to hear about any and all updates to shipping that has to do with Australia. Have you received an email about shipping and live in Australia? If so please let us know here!!!

Cybereality said this on

Thu 24th:
They will go out mostly in order. We are just running a few smaller batches on a per region basis to make sure everything is working good before we automate things.

We'll have more batches to all regions following shortly. Please just relax. Thanks.

Sun 20th:

Yes, we already have stock of DK2 in multiple distribution centers around the world. We are currently waiting for the software to become stable, and then we can immediately start shipping to customers.

Here's hoping we hear something soon.

P.S - Anyone know what city the distribution center is in?
2,390 REPLIES 2,390

ptisinge
Honored Guest
$75 of shipping for that is still a bit extreme though. Seriously, I got an inflatable kayak shipped from the US for about the same cost, and it was a big and heavy (25kg!) package. Anyway, this is nothing that can be changed now. Let's just hope that the process will be much better planned for CV1 (and I'm sure it will be).

jsndrs
Honored Guest
Yes, it's about the price charged being out of proportion to the level of service provided. Plenty of companies work with this every day. It is a solved problem, with many different approaches that are well understood. We aren't talking about a Kickstarter, but a company at the top of their field. It's not too much to expect that they as an organisation will assess this performance and try to do better. And it's our job to tell them how we would like it to improve.

Anyway, I don't enjoy complaining, I just want to get on with my own projects, and I want Oculus to do well in the future so that we can all enjoy the fruits of that.

RaptorBlackz
Honored Guest
So has anyone received a processing email yet?

July 1st here, Nothing yet.

*edit READY TO SHIPP!!! YEEESHH

latearrival
Protege
"RaptorBlackz" wrote:
So has anyone received a processing email yet?

No sign of activity on Reddit (as at 5:50pm AEST). But if we all hope and believe hard enough, tomorrow is going to be our day...

AT76
Honored Guest
"latearrival" wrote:
No sign of activity on Reddit (as at 5:50pm AEST). But if we all hope and believe hard enough, tomorrow is going to be our day...

Hope so. I'd drive almost anywhere to pick it up myself if it were in the country tomorrow...

Nadsi47
Honored Guest
Just to share the fabulous news

Email Just arrived June 16th order

You're receiving this email because your Oculus Order #DPxxxxx is about to ship. Since the full balance has been paid, you should not see any additional charges.

😄 😄 😄 😄 😄 😄 😄 😄

Jmcurtis81
Honored Guest
So close! come on pleeeeeeease!!!

Date: Jun 26, 2014 02:01 AM PDT

Status:PENDING:Your order is pending. Please see the reason(s) below.

Detail(s):
Your order is awaiting inventory before it can be fulfilled. We will notify you when it's about to be shipped.

ShadowStalker
Honored Guest
YYYYYEEEEEAAAAAAHHHH!!
June 18th just got my email! I can't believe that it is finally happening!!

whalan84
Protege
"Nadsi47" wrote:
Just to share the fabulous news

Email Just arrived June 16th order

You're receiving this email because your Oculus Order #DPxxxxx is about to ship. Since the full balance has been paid, you should not see any additional charges.

😄 😄 😄 😄 😄 😄 😄 😄

Same... June 11th order, received that email at 7.11pm status page still says ready as of 7.24pm hopefully that will change by tomorrow... Has been a long few months, this week is going to feel like forever.

latearrival
Protege
June 21st. Credit card payment failed 😞 Don't know why. But still, it's great news for all the Aussies and Kiwis that another batch is being distributed over the coming days. Congrats everyone