cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Australian Shipping UPDATE?

Jim2906
Honored Guest
We would love to hear about any and all updates to shipping that has to do with Australia. Have you received an email about shipping and live in Australia? If so please let us know here!!!

Cybereality said this on

Thu 24th:
They will go out mostly in order. We are just running a few smaller batches on a per region basis to make sure everything is working good before we automate things.

We'll have more batches to all regions following shortly. Please just relax. Thanks.

Sun 20th:

Yes, we already have stock of DK2 in multiple distribution centers around the world. We are currently waiting for the software to become stable, and then we can immediately start shipping to customers.

Here's hoping we hear something soon.

P.S - Anyone know what city the distribution center is in?
2,390 REPLIES 2,390

fudspong
Explorer
Received email Thursday, it says shipping usually starts 2-4 business days after, public holiday here this Monday, so shipping starts Tues-Thurs next week, and then they charter a tortoise to transport it from Sydney to Perth. For $75 it better be a fucking gold plated tortoise.

whalan84
Protege
"fudspong" wrote:
Received email Thursday, it says shipping usually starts 2-4 business days after, public holiday here this Monday, so shipping starts Tues-Thurs next week, and then they charter a tortoise to transport it from Sydney to Perth. For $75 it better be a fucking gold plated tortoise.

We don't have a public holiday on Monday here in NSW so there shouldn't be any hold ups.

EDIT: Except for the tortoise... but it's still probably better than having a hare deliver.

russ3013
Honored Guest
If they say 2-4 days processing it's possible it won't be posted till Wednesday? Then maybe another 2-4 days depending on where we are.

I want it in my hands but also I wanna upgrade my vid card, I don't know whether to use it as soon as I get it or just wait till I finish the upgrade and experience it from the start with better PC.

whalan84
Protege
"russ3013" wrote:
If they say 2-4 days processing it's possible it won't be posted till Wednesday? Then maybe another 2-4 days depending on where we are.

It hasn't been uncommon for people here in Aus to receive their rifts before the status even changes from processing... I would say the rifts were probably posted Friday or will be on Monday and people will start receiving by Tuesday / Wednesday. Going off previous shipments it's only been a matter of days from 'processing' to 'received'.

EDIT: Actually you are right, looking at the last batch they were notified on the Thursday but rifts weren't posted until the following Tuesday and there were reports of receiving by the Thursday.

"russ3013" wrote:
I want it in my hands but also I wanna upgrade my vid card, I don't know whether to use it as soon as I get it or just wait till I finish the upgrade and experience it from the start with better PC.

If you can wait you have way more self control than I do.

cabnz1
Honored Guest
I'm in NZ so it's going to be interesting whether or not it gets held up at Customs.

fudspong
Explorer
I'm actually kind of grateful for the delay. The frustration of waiting for the Rift to arrive could easily have been eclipsed by the frustration of having it arrive sooner, when demos and games were much buggier, underperforming and difficult to set up. At least next week we have proper DK2 versions of DCS and Elite ready to go when the unit arrives.

*EDIT* It also meant that over the last few months of waiting I have been able to save up and buy a 12GB RAM upgrade, an X52 HOTAS, a G27 wheel, a used Razer Hydra, Saitek Combat Pro pedals all plugged in and ready to go. 😄 Next step is modifying the old Logitech 3D Extreme joystick into a collective/handbrake, and bashing some wood from Bunnings together into a crude cockpit.

Vercci
Honored Guest
"Cabnz1" wrote:
I'm in NZ so it's going to be interesting whether or not it gets held up at Customs.

I was in the last batch, and mine did get held up. So did a few others on the forum. Don't expect to slip through the cracks.
NZ DK2 Order: May 26, 2014 06:00 PM PDT Status:Delivery Complete

cabnz1
Honored Guest
"Vercci" wrote:
"Cabnz1" wrote:

I was in the last batch, and mine did get held up. So did a few others on the forum. Don't expect to slip through the cracks.

I can only hope 🙂

How long did it take from the time arriving at customs until you got it? And how much did they charge?

Cheers,

AT76
Honored Guest
"fudspong" wrote:
I'm actually kind of grateful for the delay. The frustration of waiting for the Rift to arrive could easily have been eclipsed by the frustration of having it arrive sooner, when demos and games were much buggier, underperforming and difficult to set up. At least next week we have proper DK2 versions of DCS and Elite ready to go when the unit arrives.

So true. Great point!

plucnk
Honored Guest
"Cabnz1" wrote:
"Vercci" wrote:
"Cabnz1" wrote:

I can only hope 🙂

How long did it take from the time arriving at customs until you got it? And how much did they charge?

Cheers,

Lucky for me I slipped straight past customs when mine arrived 😄 , but I've read from elsewhere that you can call them up to speed up the process and all. And the charge was something like 120 dollars from what I remember.

Oh by the way got mine in the batch before this one.