Australian Shipping UPDATE? - Page 53 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Australian Shipping UPDATE?

Comments

• WTF why me...

Ordered on May 30th NZ

Pending....Still awaiting stock noooooooooo
  • LightsteedLightsteed Posts: 18
    NerveGear
    edited September 2014
    Whoa, I'm in Perth, got the processing email yesterday and it's being delivered to my door TODAY! It actually got put on the truck in NSW on Monday. Smooth moves oculus! My long weekend just went up a notch.

Edit: scrap all this. I think the tracking email was for something else :( reverting back to the mindset of waiting one more week to avoid disappointment.
  • whalan84whalan84 Posts: 119
    Hiro Protagonist
    fudspong wrote:
    Dammit, Monday's a bloody public holiday too, first time I've ever been unhappy to have a paid day off :p

It's that flamin' Mrs The Queen's fake birthday on the other side of the flamin' planet, and her fake birthday gift to us all is another day's wait before we get our rift. Grrr. :evil:

I think this is next Monday... 6th October. So it should be a good day you should have your rift by then and will have a day off to play around.
  • latearrivallatearrival Posts: 37
    Brain Burst
    Lightsteed wrote:
    Edit: scrap all this. I think the tracking email was for something else :( reverting back to the mindset of waiting one more week to avoid disappointment.

Ah, that sucks! I feel for you mate
  • razalomrazalom Posts: 133
    Hiro Protagonist
    A lot of happy people here and seems like I missed it by a few days. Oh well next batch for sure now
  • warrenpwarrenp Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    I'm thinking that those who had their order status change to 'Processing' yesterday will probably receive the Rift on the 7th of October. Any other thoughts on this.. :?:
  • McShanusMcShanus Posts: 29
    Brain Burst
    plucka99 wrote:
    July 30th- preparing to ship,
    Looks like I just snuck in this batch - happy days
    Lucky duck! I ordered the same day but have yet to receive the email
    DK1--Order Date: August 09 -- Order#: 0659XX
    DK2--Order Date: July 30
    Order#: DK-028XXXX --- Location: Australia --- Status: Received---
  • Mine just arrived. Woohoo
    NZ DK2 Order: May 26, 2014 06:00 PM PDT
    Hiro Protagonist
    warrenp wrote:
    I'm thinking that those who had their order status change to 'Processing' yesterday will probably receive the Rift on the 7th of October. Any other thoughts on this.. :?:

I am hoping for Tuesday or Wednesday next week, but who knows.
  • DonkyBoYDonkyBoY Posts: 90
    Hiro Protagonist
    Wednesday next week would be a nice Bday present.

But I guess its best not to get hopes up too much.

Monday 6th Tuesday 7th would seem to be a better/safer bet I think.

So if I expect mine to be in my hands by the 14th chances are I wont be dissapointed and anything before then is a pleasant surprise.

Im thinking someone needs to invent the teleporter for CV1 time cos it doesn't matter how they deal with the shipping nothing will be fast enough.
    thou the chances of this happening when we are all busy rifting our ass's off.
    Could this be the end of man will woman inherit the earth?

I cant wait to DL my soul in to my PC I wonder how much I could get for my body on ebay :)
    Oculus CV1 room scale with 3 tracker's
    i7 4790K @ 4.4Ghz with delid and Liquid metal ultra +Corsair H110i / MSI GTX1080Ti Sea Hawk / 32GB DDR3 @2400Mhz
    (All rads running EK Furious Vardar F4 / F5 fans)
    Sandisk Extreme for OS and Kingston SSD Now for games
    Steam = http://steamcommunity.com/id/xgsdonkyboy
    TS3 server = xgs.ts3.nz
  • fudspongfudspong Posts: 382
    Brain Burst
    Received email Thursday, it says shipping usually starts 2-4 business days after, public holiday here this Monday, so shipping starts Tues-Thurs next week, and then they charter a tortoise to transport it from Sydney to Perth. For $75 it better be a fucking gold plated tortoise.
    Hiro Protagonist
    fudspong wrote:
    Received email Thursday, it says shipping usually starts 2-4 business days after, public holiday here this Monday, so shipping starts Tues-Thurs next week, and then they charter a tortoise to transport it from Sydney to Perth. For $75 it better be a fucking gold plated tortoise.

We don't have a public holiday on Monday here in NSW so there shouldn't be any hold ups.

EDIT: Except for the tortoise... but it's still probably better than having a hare deliver.
  • If they say 2-4 days processing it's possible it won't be posted till Wednesday? Then maybe another 2-4 days depending on where we are.

I want it in my hands but also I wanna upgrade my vid card, I don't know whether to use it as soon as I get it or just wait till I finish the upgrade and experience it from the start with better PC.
    Hiro Protagonist
    russ3013 wrote:
    If they say 2-4 days processing it's possible it won't be posted till Wednesday? Then maybe another 2-4 days depending on where we are.

It hasn't been uncommon for people here in Aus to receive their rifts before the status even changes from processing... I would say the rifts were probably posted Friday or will be on Monday and people will start receiving by Tuesday / Wednesday. Going off previous shipments it's only been a matter of days from 'processing' to 'received'.

EDIT: Actually you are right, looking at the last batch they were notified on the Thursday but rifts weren't posted until the following Tuesday and there were reports of receiving by the Thursday.
    russ3013 wrote:
    I want it in my hands but also I wanna upgrade my vid card, I don't know whether to use it as soon as I get it or just wait till I finish the upgrade and experience it from the start with better PC.

If you can wait you have way more self control than I do.
  • cabnz1cabnz1 Posts: 20
    Brain Burst
    I'm in NZ so it's going to be interesting whether or not it gets held up at Customs.
    Brain Burst
    I'm actually kind of grateful for the delay. The frustration of waiting for the Rift to arrive could easily have been eclipsed by the frustration of having it arrive sooner, when demos and games were much buggier, underperforming and difficult to set up. At least next week we have proper DK2 versions of DCS and Elite ready to go when the unit arrives.

*EDIT* It also meant that over the last few months of waiting I have been able to save up and buy a 12GB RAM upgrade, an X52 HOTAS, a G27 wheel, a used Razer Hydra, Saitek Combat Pro pedals all plugged in and ready to go. :D Next step is modifying the old Logitech 3D Extreme joystick into a collective/handbrake, and bashing some wood from Bunnings together into a crude cockpit.
  • cabnz1 wrote:
    I'm in NZ so it's going to be interesting whether or not it gets held up at Customs.
    I was in the last batch, and mine did get held up. So did a few others on the forum. Don't expect to slip through the cracks.
    Brain Burst
    Vercci wrote:
    cabnz1 wrote:
    I was in the last batch, and mine did get held up. So did a few others on the forum. Don't expect to slip through the cracks.

I can only hope :)

How long did it take from the time arriving at customs until you got it? And how much did they charge?

Cheers,
  • AT76AT76 Posts: 52
    Brain Burst
    fudspong wrote:
    I'm actually kind of grateful for the delay. The frustration of waiting for the Rift to arrive could easily have been eclipsed by the frustration of having it arrive sooner, when demos and games were much buggier, underperforming and difficult to set up. At least next week we have proper DK2 versions of DCS and Elite ready to go when the unit arrives.
    So true. Great point!
  • cabnz1 wrote:
    Vercci wrote:
    cabnz1 wrote:

How long did it take from the time arriving at customs until you got it? And how much did they charge?

Cheers,

Lucky for me I slipped straight past customs when mine arrived :D , but I've read from elsewhere that you can call them up to speed up the process and all. And the charge was something like 120 dollars from what I remember.

Oh by the way got mine in the batch before this one.
  • cabnz1 wrote:
    Vercci wrote:
    cabnz1 wrote:

Cheers,
    Once it got held by customs, it took a week for the letter from NZ post to be fast-posted to me. That letter has a number you need to deal with the customs side of it. On the day I paid customs, it recognised my payment at noon, in the evening it got sorted, in the morning it got onto the courier and it arrived for me about 40 minutes after.
    Brain Burst
    Thank you for the info guys :)
    Brain Burst
    Nice marmot.
  • McShanusMcShanus Posts: 29
    Brain Burst
    My order shifted to processing as of an hour ago :D

Ordered July 30
    DK1--Order Date: August 09 -- Order#: 0659XX
    DK2--Order Date: July 30
    Order#: DK-028XXXX --- Location: Australia --- Status: Received---
  • OtreumOtreum Posts: 101
    Hiro Protagonist
    McShanus wrote:
    My order shifted to processing as of an hour ago :D

Ordered July 30

As did mine. Ordered July 30th also.

Good to see Australia coming back from being way behind, to now being pretty much ahead of the game.
    Well done OVR. I hope some of the other countries lagging behind get the same treatment.

I'm supposed to be having productive time and getting game development work done, but have Shadows of Mordor coming out soon, Alien Isolation coming out soon, and my Oculus Rift DK2 arriving soon too! Plus I have to do my tax before October because i've been a bit lazy.
  • Has anyone else gotten the confirmation email showing that payment was successful but not having the charge show on their account?
  • russ3013 wrote:
    Has anyone else gotten the confirmation email showing that payment was successful but not having the charge show on their account?
    Bank accounts tend to lag a couple of days in showing details of card purchases.

However, you should be able to see an amount of money from your bank accounts that should be available to purchase things with. That number should be live, and if you compare it to the amount shown when you check your credit card purchase history, it should be $375 USD higher than the live value.
  • ptisingeptisinge Posts: 34
    Brain Burst
    I just got my tracking details from Aus Post
    My 6th of July order went to processing on last Thursday evening and hasn't yet gone to "shipped", but it's happening!
  • Just got my auspost tracking email as well, July 27th order.
  • Order still at Processing.

Got my tracking number email from Australia Post 9:00AM today.
    Mon 29 Sep 2014 08:59 - Shipping information received by Australia Post.

Hopefully arrives (Brisbane) before I go to Japan on Friday!