cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Australian Shipping UPDATE?

Jim2906
Honored Guest
We would love to hear about any and all updates to shipping that has to do with Australia. Have you received an email about shipping and live in Australia? If so please let us know here!!!

Cybereality said this on

Thu 24th:
They will go out mostly in order. We are just running a few smaller batches on a per region basis to make sure everything is working good before we automate things.

We'll have more batches to all regions following shortly. Please just relax. Thanks.

Sun 20th:

Yes, we already have stock of DK2 in multiple distribution centers around the world. We are currently waiting for the software to become stable, and then we can immediately start shipping to customers.

Here's hoping we hear something soon.

P.S - Anyone know what city the distribution center is in?
2,390 REPLIES 2,390

Vercci
Honored Guest
"Cabnz1" wrote:
"Vercci" wrote:
"Cabnz1" wrote:
I'm in NZ so it's going to be interesting whether or not it gets held up at Customs.

I was in the last batch, and mine did get held up. So did a few others on the forum. Don't expect to slip through the cracks.

I can only hope 🙂

How long did it take from the time arriving at customs until you got it? And how much did they charge?

Cheers,

Once it got held by customs, it took a week for the letter from NZ post to be fast-posted to me. That letter has a number you need to deal with the customs side of it. On the day I paid customs, it recognised my payment at noon, in the evening it got sorted, in the morning it got onto the courier and it arrived for me about 40 minutes after.
NZ DK2 Order: May 26, 2014 06:00 PM PDT Status:Delivery Complete

cabnz1
Honored Guest
Thank you for the info guys 🙂

fudspong
Explorer
Nice marmot.

DaiKahn
Explorer
My order shifted to processing as of an hour ago 😄

Ordered July 30
DK1--Order Date: August 09 -- Order#: 0659XX -------- Location: Australia --- Status: Received--- DK2--Order Date: July 30 ----- Order#: DK-028XXXX --- Location: Australia --- Status: Received---

Otreum
Expert Protege
"McShanus" wrote:
My order shifted to processing as of an hour ago 😄

Ordered July 30

As did mine. Ordered July 30th also.

Good to see Australia coming back from being way behind, to now being pretty much ahead of the game.
Well done OVR. I hope some of the other countries lagging behind get the same treatment.

I'm supposed to be having productive time and getting game development work done, but have Shadows of Mordor coming out soon, Alien Isolation coming out soon, and my Oculus Rift DK2 arriving soon too! Plus I have to do my tax before October because i've been a bit lazy.

russ3013
Honored Guest
Has anyone else gotten the confirmation email showing that payment was successful but not having the charge show on their account?

Vercci
Honored Guest
"russ3013" wrote:
Has anyone else gotten the confirmation email showing that payment was successful but not having the charge show on their account?

Bank accounts tend to lag a couple of days in showing details of card purchases.

However, you should be able to see an amount of money from your bank accounts that should be available to purchase things with. That number should be live, and if you compare it to the amount shown when you check your credit card purchase history, it should be $375 USD higher than the live value.
NZ DK2 Order: May 26, 2014 06:00 PM PDT Status:Delivery Complete

ptisinge
Honored Guest
I just got my tracking details from Aus Post
My 6th of July order went to processing on last Thursday evening and hasn't yet gone to "shipped", but it's happening!

plucka99
Honored Guest
Just got my auspost tracking email as well, July 27th order.

Sprout
Honored Guest
Order still at Processing.

Got my tracking number email from Australia Post 9:00AM today.
Mon 29 Sep 2014 08:59 - Shipping information received by Australia Post.

Hopefully arrives (Brisbane) before I go to Japan on Friday!