cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live for Speed - now with support for Oculus 1.3

Scawen
Heroic Explorer
Dear Rift owners,

You can now download a new version of Live for Speed with support for the Oculus Rift DK2.

The DK2 system has been well tested and received a lot of support from people in the Rift community. It is great being able to look around the cockpit of your car and the world you are in just as you would in real life.

The Rift support works in free demo mode, without unlocking the full version. So give it a go if you haven't already!

Read more about the update and how to get it on our website http://www.lfs.net

EDIT : We have released a new official version supporting Oculus 1.3
0.6P Information page : https://www.lfs.net/patch-6p
Live for Speed - www.lfs.net
275 REPLIES 275

AntDX316
Honored Guest
Nice

predator036
Honored Guest
Excuse my English, Scawen is amazing what you have accomplished with this version of LFS Dk2 for the best experience far away from everything I've tried for the oculus.

I have about 30 demos plus 10 games and nothing can compare to LFS, never forget my first steps in the virtual reality of your hand.

Make a renewed version of LFS with better graphics and promissory CV1 adapted to whatever it takes to have it. Greetings from Spain.

Fredz
Explorer
Does it work in Direct to Rift mode ?

Sharkku
Protege
No, it does not work in Direct-to-Rift mode yet. But I'm pretty sure we'll see it in future versions, once the Oculus SDK has its kinks worked out.

Btw, amazing update. Strangely, I had a little judder with the last testpach (0.6F12), but with the official update it's smooth as butter again! Scawen, you rock!
DK1 - previously owned DK2 - 2014-08-26 RECEIVED (ordered 2014-04-24) CV1 - 2016-05-25 RECEIVED (ordered on release day) Touch - 2016-12-07 RECEIVED (pre-order with CV1)

Fredz
Explorer
"Sharkku" wrote:
But I'm pretty sure we'll see it in future versions, once the Oculus SDK has its kinks worked out.

What is missing in the Oculus SDK for Direct to Rift support ? Is Live for Speed an OpenGL game ?

flyingwaffle
Honored Guest
Scawen, I'm curious, what is your personal opinion on sim racing with the Rift now that you've had a few weeks to try it out (my understanding is that you never had the DK1)... Personally it would be hard to go back to do it on a 2D monitor.
Thanks for the great job on LFS!

Darius
Honored Guest
That's awesome Scawen. Thanks for your hard work. The result of your hard labour creates events like these:

ThreeDeeVision
Superstar
Hey Scawen, I played through all of the demo tutorials and had such a great time I decided to sign up for the rest of the game. I have tried twice, but your website doesn't seem to be sending me the confirmation email so I can purchase the license. Any help would be appreciated.

I have played a lot of racing games over the years, and this game using the Rift is a great experience. Thank you very much!
i7 5960X @ 3.8 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 PC2800 | GTX Titan X Pascal | Win 10 64 bit | Asus ROG PG348Q | EVGA X99 Classified

ThreeEyes
Explorer
"Fredz" wrote:
"Sharkku" wrote:
But I'm pretty sure we'll see it in future versions, once the Oculus SDK has its kinks worked out.

What is missing in the Oculus SDK for Direct to Rift support ? Is Live for Speed an OpenGL game ?

If you check their website, they put a track project on the back burner to incorporate DK2 support. They have other customers just as eager for the new tracks.

Scawen - LFS is great!
But... but... but... I just NEED to know about the Baba! The Baba has me hypmotized! :shock: