cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Glasses

langknow
Honored Guest
So, I very nearsighted and wear glasses at around - 4 and -5 , do I still need to wear glasses for gear VR, or have they solved the optics problem ?
4 REPLIES 4

Zhamul
Explorer
The device is more adjustable than DK2 and at least I could see without glasses after adjusting it. I have glasses -5 glasses as well. I only used it briefly though, for one app. I'd be also interested hearing more about glasses + GearVR from someone who has used it more.

Gherron
Protege
I'm hoping there may be some type of "focus" ability to adjust like binoculars. If so, would they be able to focus each eye independently? My eyes each have different prescriptions.

zerogee
Honored Guest
Unfortunately since there is only one screen, the focus does not work independently for each eye. This does mean that for people with large astigmatisms or big deviations in prescriptions for each eye, the product will not be able to get in full focus. I've seen some people use it with glasses, but it's not designed for that.

It's a trade-off, even though this does mean that there are limitations. I would recommend you try it before buying it to make sure it works for your specific situation.

cdmoore74
Protege
"zerogee" wrote:
Unfortunately since there is only one screen, the focus does not work independently for each eye. This does mean that for people with large astigmatisms or big deviations in prescriptions for each eye, the product will not be able to get in full focus. I've seen some people use it with glasses, but it's not designed for that.

It's a trade-off, even though this does mean that there are limitations. I would recommend you try it before buying it to make sure it works for your specific situation.

I'm -3.25 and -3.50 so I should be fine. I just wish bestbuy had the demo up and running before the phone hits in a few weeks.