cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live for Speed - now with support for Oculus 1.3

Scawen
Heroic Explorer
Dear Rift owners,

You can now download a new version of Live for Speed with support for the Oculus Rift DK2.

The DK2 system has been well tested and received a lot of support from people in the Rift community. It is great being able to look around the cockpit of your car and the world you are in just as you would in real life.

The Rift support works in free demo mode, without unlocking the full version. So give it a go if you haven't already!

Read more about the update and how to get it on our website http://www.lfs.net

EDIT : We have released a new official version supporting Oculus 1.3
0.6P Information page : https://www.lfs.net/patch-6p
Live for Speed - www.lfs.net
275 REPLIES 275

DerekSpeare3
Honored Guest
LFS is a MUST HAVE for any sim racing fan. The Rift support is EXCELLENT!
derekspearedesigns.com | i7-3820k | GTX780 | DK2

Scawen
Heroic Explorer
"ThreeDeeVision" wrote:
Hey Scawen, I played through all of the demo tutorials and had such a great time I decided to sign up for the rest of the game. I have tried twice, but your website doesn't seem to be sending me the confirmation email so I can purchase the license. Any help would be appreciated.

I have played a lot of racing games over the years, and this game using the Rift is a great experience. Thank you very much!

Thanks, I have manually completed your registration. It's probably because you used a hotmail account. Have you checked if it got caught by your spam filter?

I am going to ask Victor to look into this, as there are a lot of people using hotmail that are still on the "awaiting activation" list. I'm sorry to say, though, that hotmail is always causing problems (not just on our site) and you should probably change provider.

ThreeDeeVision
Superstar
"scawen" wrote:

Thanks, I have manually completed your registration. It's probably because you used a hotmail account. Have you checked if it got caught by your spam filter?

I am going to ask Victor to look into this, as there are a lot of people using hotmail that are still on the "awaiting activation" list. I'm sorry to say, though, that hotmail is always causing problems (not just on our site) and you should probably change provider.

Thanks for the help and quick reply Scawen!

I have my security set up so I only get emails from contacts in my inbox, but your emails should have showed up in my junk folder at least (I have since added the lfs.net account to my contacts). The three emails you manually sent me were from my three signup tries, so I just used the first one and got my account set up. I have never had issues with games and my email before, so I am not sure what the issue is. I didn't ever receive a confirmation email after purchasing the S2 license, so I am betting that email got stuck as well(I did get my S2 unlock confirmation though so I think it is working now that I added you as a contact). Had some issues with my bank trying to make the purchase and ended up having to use my paypal account to get it done, but I am all set now! Apparently my bank is super picky about out-of-state charges lol.

Thanks again, I really appreciate the game and the help! I am going to go get in some laps!
i7 5960X @ 3.8 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 PC2800 | GTX Titan X Pascal | Win 10 64 bit | Asus ROG PG348Q | EVGA X99 Classified

ThreeDeeVision
Superstar
Man this game is awesome in the Rift! Everything is so smooth and the setup was super easy. I run extended mode with the Rift as my secondary monitor and the latest patch automatically puts the game on my Rift as needed. I have a G27 and the force-feedback for this game is awesome to say the least. These experiences are exactly what I wanted from the rift. Sitting in the driver's seat of these cars just feels right. The sense of scale and speed is so much better, and being able to glance at mirrors and around corners is key.

10/10 Rift-ready in my book. Bravo Scawen! You guys have made a great game!
i7 5960X @ 3.8 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 PC2800 | GTX Titan X Pascal | Win 10 64 bit | Asus ROG PG348Q | EVGA X99 Classified

Scawen
Heroic Explorer
Thanks for the feedback! I'm pleased you could get your license in the end.

Victor has been investigating what's up with hotmail. We are currently in the process of sending a newsletter about the new version to all registered users who have selected that they want to receive our newsletter. Due to high volumes, hotmail has temporarily stopped accepting mail from us. I suppose it's some kind of spam prevention failure, although we absolutely would never do any form of spam.

forestguy
Expert Protege
For added immersion get Simcommander 4 (v4 came out yesterday) for tactile feedback, it works fantastically with Live for Speed. I use Simcommander 4 with Buttkicker 2.

ThreeDeeVision
Superstar
"scawen" wrote:
Thanks for the feedback! I'm pleased you could get your license in the end.

Victor has been investigating what's up with hotmail. We are currently in the process of sending a newsletter about the new version to all registered users who have selected that they want to receive our newsletter. Due to high volumes, hotmail has temporarily stopped accepting mail from us. I suppose it's some kind of spam prevention failure, although we absolutely would never do any form of spam.

My pleasure! I am glad to give credit where credit is due, and this game is well worth the money.

It seems every game company sends out emails all the time, it is a shame hotmail has chosen to single you guys out. I get an email almost daily from Elite Dangerous, and I never added them as a contact. I have lfs.net added as a contact so I should be good to go now. I really appreciate the help and the attention to detail. It is pretty obvious when people care about what they are doing, and this game is obviously a labor of love. Not to mention the fact you take the time to support awesome new products like the Rift and come to forums like this and help us out.

Maniac618
Protege
I echo the above!

My DK2 is basically an add-on for Live For Speed at the moment as nothing else has come close on the headset in terms of ease of setup, use and immersion.

Developers should look at LFS and its implementation with the Rift. The menus are perfect and tweakable if needed, the whole thing just works.
Previous owner of DK2, current owner of Vive & Quest.

Scawen
Heroic Explorer
Thanks for your kind words! I look forward to doing more DK2 updates in future. I do have a list... 🙂

Are there any DK1 owners here? I'm interested to know if 0.6G works well with it, including the F8 key.

In one of the test patches, the F8 key (view reset) didn't work on the DK1, but it is very important due to the DK1's yaw drift. I did correct this in a later test patch so it should call the original reset function if the rift reports that positional tracking is not supported (which I interpret to mean that the attached device is a DK1).

I'm just asking here because of a question by TheWizardOS on Oculus Share https://share.oculus.com/app/live-for-speed-s2 but he didn't state which version he is using.

By the way, please do give us a rating on Oculus Share if you have not already! 🙂

AntDX316
Honored Guest
I won a race in the BMW against a bunch of online players with my csr elite wheel and the csr v2 pedals..

because the pedals are load cell with the oil damper I can really dial in the brakes plus the tracking of the DK2 and peripheral vision allows me to see the corners and slip better

I had fastest lap

I usually don't do as good as other online because I have 1 monitor

the only problem with LFS is when cars show up on the screen or the car hits the bump on the apex the screen goes up and down quick like it glitched making it distracting